• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Viking ship in accident on Danube in Budapest

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
That link actually loads a digital copy of the current edition of the Los Angeles Times. The story you refer to is on page 4.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I think that means the story won't be there as soon as the new edition drops. Mentioned it to Cliff and he said he's tried numerous times to send a single story to one of his boards, and the entire paper goes.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Thanks Karen & Richard! I'd had the impression that the boats sort of side swiped each other. Inexcusable to hit the small tour boat from behind.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks Karen & Richard! I'd had the impression that the boats sort of side swiped each other. Inexcusable to hit the small tour boat from behind.

A bit early to cast blame. From what I read and watched in the video the smaller tourist boat turned into the path of the Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

LJT

TUG Member
Reaction score
So very sad!! We were there just the week before and did a sightseeing cruise as well but opted to go in the daytime instead of sunset. The sunset sailings are very popular and I am sure the river is much busier than was ever imagined. We saw 5 Viking ships docked together in just two boat slips not to mention all the other river cruise companies. Budapest tourism has grown very quickly and their regulations simply haven’t kept up.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't the smaller boat always supposed to give way to larger vessel?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Isn't the smaller boat always supposed to give way to larger vessel?

Absolutely.

But that does bring about another question - where was the smaller boat supposed to go? If you look at the video, it would appear both vessels are approaching a bridge and there was not a lot of maneuvering room for either vessel. This video makes a good case for the need for the river version of Air Traffic Control. Especially if there is going to be a lot of vessels operating in such a confined area.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both boats ship captain should have steer to the right IMO.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some boat & cruise captains needs a refresher course in ship safety. IMO.

DRIless

Reaction score