• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacations at The Crane

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
They have. I’m looking right now.

Yes, I now see that they have added for some of the resorts too but not all of them yet. Hopefully they will add to all because I think that it does contain some helpful information.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Those are the highest open season rate I have ever seen.

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
Those are the highest open season rate I have ever seen.
I agree. It's ALOT cheaper just to book at THECRANE.COM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

zerocylinders

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: I would strongly recommend that anyone thinking of buying The Crane wait a while. There is almost NO availability. We have a Platinum 2BR (the 19,200 unit). After trying several times to book various weeks in 2020 and becoming somewhat exasperated, the HGVC representative told me that only 4 2BR units show up on his system, and only 1 2X (the other 19,200 unit which is interchangeable for home week purposes FYI). I did not get numbers on the other units, but availability even of one bedrooms seems pretty limited (I can get that 9 months out since its not my home unit, but nothing was available in any platinum week either). I am guessing that this means either: (1) construction is not complete (see below), and HGVC only has a few show units to sell (most of which are probably taken with marketing offers to try to sell), OR (2) the move into the Crane is much more limited than the offering documents suggested or maybe HGVC isn't getting the reaction it expected from buyers and has halted the project. I have a call into the HGVC rep who sold us the unit to see if they can give us more info, but it is very strange that 9 months after they announced the units were available, I can't get a reservation for 2020.

I did nab a reservation in 2019, but I can't make it (I basically took the only week I could find with availability as soon as they told me the units were available). My son will be taking it with some friends, so will have a trip report in a few weeks. I am going to have him look around to see if there is construction going on actively also. It will also be interesting to see if the unit he gets put into is in the newly constructed area of the Crane that HGVC purchased, or instead are just rehabbed units in the older Crane constructed buildings.

Another reason to avoid purchasing until we know more is the maintenance fee (around $3,500 for my unit). On a price per point that is actually pretty good, but you can currently rent a similar unit from the crane for about $2,200 per week so the Crane is not a good option for renting. How similar those older units are to the new construction HGVC units I don't know - I am hoping that my son will report back that the new units are much nicer than the older Crane ones, but not sure at this point.

Anyone with better information than me, please post!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@zerocylinders Thanks fot the update. Wouldn't you be able to book your home week at 12 months? Or are you referring to club reservatons only.

zerocylinders

TUG Member
Reaction score
@zerocylinders Thanks fot the update. Wouldn't you be able to book your home week at 12 months? Or are you referring to club reservatons only.

That is the problem .. there is not availability even 11-12 months out. The only dates that are currently available are exactly 12 months out and those will be gone in a few days from what I can tell. There are just not enough units. They either oversold the units they have built, or they are using them for maeketing.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea Ocean Villas
Maui Bay Villas by Hilton Grand Vacations
So, Higher floor with a plunge pool and I would imagine a better view or ground floor infinity edge pool with everyone looking down from above? Decisions, decisions.... Still cant really grasp the roof top pool. Looking for images.....