• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FYI - W57th up on eBay

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Ooo 68 bids and at $5,500 with 2.5 hours to go. My bet it is just north of 12 when it closes. Nice to see lots of interest, but where will it end up??????

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, unfortunately, unless it;s someone from TUG, we'll never know if it passes ROFR.

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
And, unfortunately, unless it;s someone from TUG, we'll never know if it passes ROFR.

Cheers.

Funny you say that. I know I’m wrong, but I always think it’s Tuggers who are bidding on these!

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Only 1.5 hrs left in this auction and it's at $5500... Just to make sure I'm not missing something, the only reason to buy a W57 (or any of the by Hilton for that matter) is to have a longer booking window (greater than 60 days) and to have access to open season for these "exclusive" (? never been so don't know) type of resorts.... am I missing anything (i.e. these actually increase in value overtime, etc)?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Only 1.5 hrs left in this auction and it's at $5500... Just to make sure I'm not missing something, the only reason to buy a W57 (or any of the by Hilton for that matter) is to have a longer booking window (greater than 60 days) and to have access to open season for these "exclusive" (? never been so don't know) type of resorts.... am I missing anything (i.e. these actually increase in value overtime, etc)?

Yes in addition to longer booking window, you get what you want vs. leftovers e.g. upgrade to larger, nicer view units, gain access to event weeks (Thanksgiving Parade, NY Times Square), penthouse etc. Plus only owners have access to lounge. With american breakfast at the Conrad a block away running $48 pp. Lounge is a good deal.

As more bHC come on board (Japan, Waikiki, Cabo, Charleston, San Fran etc.) you theoretically will have earlier access to those resorts at 75 days as a bHC member. However I wouldn't buy for that reason because the rules could change.

IMO open season is not a good deal.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Whoa! @tombanjo was right. Sold for $10,600. Shot up by 5K+ in the last two minutes of bidding. This will be a great deal if it passes ROFR. I hope whoever buys it reports whether it passes on rofr.net

upload_2019-5-22_17-8-51.png

Last edited:

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
If the seller massages the offer presented to Hilton to include fees, I think it’s a done deal and the buyer got a great deal.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I'm not so sure it will pass. They offered to buy back our unit for $15k about 1.5 years ago (we weren't ready to sell). They said if they brokered the deal it would go for around $18.5 k. HGVC is very protective about NYC. However there have been some fantastic deals that slipped through the cracks. Plus with new inventory on the horizon they may opt to keep buyback inventory low.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I figured 12k plus 3k commission on top would be 15k as seen by Hilton. And would be ok.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Bid on this till my max at 7k. Stopped as I am only really looking for one to get all the booking fees included. At 7k, it would have taken me close to 14 years to break even with booking fees and such.

For me, I will have to wait till the buy in is lower. Maybe for a gold unit to make it worthwhile for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bid on this till my max at 7k. Stopped as I am only really looking for one to get all the booking fees included. At 7k, it would have taken me close to 14 years to break even with booking fees and such.

For me, I will have to wait till the buy in is lower. Maybe for a gold unit to make it worthwhile for me.

I dont think you can find a lower buyin, maybe when HGVC' ROFR budget is depleted when we reach end-of-year they wont take it.

I bought a studio gold unit with the same MF as the other studios and instead of 5250 points I got 5100 points and saved at the time $5-6k because most 5250 contract got ROFR'ed due to too low pricing. Can't remember if I lost 2 or 3 contracts to ROFR.

I would definitely look for a gold contract with 5100 points instead of 5250 points.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

Yes the AI benefit is really nice. Forgot about that. Saved us thousands as we can speculatively book then cancel for free once our travel plans are finalized. It takes away a lot of stress, and makes it easier to reallocate points from bHC bucket to club and year to year to apply to upcoming reservations.

If all you are seeking is AI benefit plus occasional visit to Big Apple or bHC, try a 3750 point gold. Same MF as 5250 which is the lowest MF for a timeshare in Manhattan, but not as good MF/pt as a 5250 unit.

There are a some listed at 9K that you could lowball and see what happens. I also saw one given away/low price on Ebay in the past year. Not sure of the final auction price and it could have had back MF - not sure. But they do come around on occasion similar to this one where the owner is "done" and wants to get rid.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...points are all that matter in bHC NYC because most owners like to visit for multiple long weekends or upgrade/change units so home week is rarely used. With the Home Resort booking window it's really easy to switch to a different unit such as a 1 bedroom or penthouse with bHC Home points because you are not competing with the rest of the HGVC system - only other owners.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Yes in addition to longer booking window, you get what you want vs. leftovers e.g. upgrade to larger, nicer view units, gain access to event weeks (Thanksgiving Parade, NY Times Square), penthouse etc. Plus only owners have access to lounge. With american breakfast at the Conrad a block away running $48 pp. Lounge is a good deal.

As more bHC come on board (Japan, Waikiki, Cabo, Charleston, San Fran etc.) you theoretically will have earlier access to those resorts at 75 days as a bHC member. However I wouldn't buy for that reason because the rules could change.

IMO open season is not a good deal.
You mentioned the upcoming Cabo resort is a bhc. Do you know that for sure?