• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will DR move to RCI ? Some resorts from DR added to RCI directory

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some resorts that were always associated with II has been added to the RCI directory.
I saw availability in the exchange inventory (week) only at Ocean Beach Club at this moment for 2020 using a friend RCI points account (https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...2-virginia-beach-oct-2020-to-dec-2020.290467/).

Here is a list of some DR resorts added to the RCI directory
Canada - BC
USA - Florida
USA - Hawaii
USA - Virginia Beach
USA - Arizona
USA - Utah

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I hope so! We trade HGVC into RCI and miss the Embarc resorts when they were affiliates of HGVC. Hope they bring back the Whistler and Palm Springs properties.

The Modern would be a great complement to the Oahu HGVC Hilton Hawaiian Village offerings down the block.

An option into Brian Head is also welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I hope so! We trade HGVC into RCI and miss the Embarc resorts when they were affiliates of HGVC. Hope they bring back the Whistler and Palm Springs properties.

The Modern would be a great complement to the Oahu HGVC Hilton Hawaiian Village offerings down the block.

An option into Brian Head is also welcome.
I'll be bummed but I'm hoping that they will be dual affiliated. I can do so much better exchanging through II. RCI, either with a weeks account or through HGVC is so much more expensive! I have an upcoming II short stay (6 days) at Embarc Palm Desert that essentially cost about $550 all in. We're going back during Thanksgiving next year for a little more than that.

Oh well, timeshares are always changing! Thanks for the heads up @youppi .

Last edited by a moderator:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The first time we stayed at Point at Poipu several years ago it was an RCI trade.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I wouldn't be surprised if it is because II was giving them flack about resort fees and these days RCI seems to be courting and catering to resorts by allowing them to add as high of a daily resort fee as they want to make extra money for the resort management.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The first time we stayed at Point at Poipu several years ago it was an RCI trade.
I believe it's still tradeable in RCI. Deeded week owners - who aren't part of the DRI Club - used to be exchange using any trading company that would accept a week. When Poipu and Kaanapali were Embassy resorts - and all deeded weeks - they were dual afffiliated, and that has continued to this day.

At that time the resort also bulk-banked with RCI, and when an owner traded through RCI they had to use one of the resorts bulk-banked weeks. I don't know if that is still the case.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it is because II was giving them flack about resort fees and these days RCI seems to be courting and catering to resorts by allowing them to add as high of a daily resort fee as they want to make extra money for the resort management.

I'm glad II is being pro-active in eliminating resort fees. Exchanges should not be charged these fees.

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have exchanged through Interval International for the last 2 weeks in September to Embarc Sandestin. They will have to honor the exchanges, won't they?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I'm glad II is being pro-active in eliminating resort fees. Exchanges should not be charged these fees.
I wouldn't say they are pro-active about eliminating fees just a possible limit of fees especially if the management company is not willing to deposit a fair amount developer inventory.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say it must be a corporate decision. Some of those resorts have legacy weeks owners who can choose, but the modern Honolulu is a brand new conversion. It will only have Diamond points owners.

DRIless

Reaction score
I would say it must be a corporate decision. Some of those resorts have legacy weeks owners who can choose, but the modern Honolulu is a brand new conversion. It will only have Diamond points owners.
The inequity here is DRI can dump developer inventory into RCI for whatever they gain there in addition to new 'marks,' but a Club member cannot get a guest certificate for a unit at The Modern, only the member can have a reservation.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The inequity here is DRI can dump developer inventory into RCI for whatever they gain there in addition to new 'marks,' but a Club member cannot get a guest certificate for a unit at The Modern, only the member can have a reservation.

This may in part do to the multi-year conversion process from Hotel Rooms to Condos, which limits the number of rooms available. They just started this process while we were there in January. They are taking 2 to 2.5 hotel rooms to convert them to Condos with kitchens and cloth washers/dryers. I believe they are doing this on 1 to 2 floors at a time.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may in part do to the multi-year conversion process from Hotel Rooms to Condos, which limits the number of rooms available. They just started this process while we were there in January. They are taking 2 to 2.5 hotel rooms to convert them to Condos with kitchens and cloth washers/dryers. I believe they are doing this on 1 to 2 floors at a time.
If they multiply the current number of point by 2 to 2.5 too then few people will be able to go there.
upload_2019-5-20_9-36-54.png

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
For Embarc, I believe it is because they have stopped impeding members from trading outside of Extraordinary Escapes (the corporate program which includes Interval). We recently got confirmation in writing that Embarc members in good standing could trade with any exchange company of their choice - contrary to what had been happening in the past, where members trying to deposit a week with outside companies had Embarc refuse to confirm their membership or reservation to the exchange company. I have been assured by their VP membership that this has been addressed and it certainly appears to be true based on what our Facebook members report. Therefore any company that is now getting Embarc deposits would need to update their list of resorts based on what they are getting from members.