• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FYI - W57th up on eBay

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I hope it’s ok I’m putting this up here. I’m neither the owner nor the eBay seller, I just know some of you are are looking for a bHC property and thought I would let you know. If it’s considered advertising, go ahead and take the post down.

It’s a platinum studio (5250 points). Seller is paying for all the transfer fees and closing costs except for the $609 activation fee. The eBay seller is one that has gotten good reviews from fellow Tuggers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very well priced as well :)

Cheers.

Yeah, every once and awhile I’ll throw me hat in the bidding ring for a decent property that the fees have been paid for. Never win any, but you never know if I can get lucky one time. One of them, the price jumped from $251 to $1400 in the last few seconds. There were two other bids in that same time frame - $800 and $1375.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still a great price for W. 57th...and unlikely to pass ROFR.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It's clear that someone wants out quickly and hopes it gets taken by ROFR to close quickly. Even though they are paying transfer fees I believe there are no buyer fees when HGVC ROFRs So this is a lure.

Is there a way to tell if there is a reserve?

IMO could be worth a try because you dont lose anything if its ROFRed. It could be a very good deal.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's clear that someone wants out quickly and hopes it gets taken by ROFR to close quickly. Even though they are paying transfer fees I believe there are no buyer fees when HGVC ROFRs it.

Is there a way to tell if there is a reserve?

No, but it can’t hurt to bid. Sometimes these eBay sellers have their way to get it to pass ROFR. I think this will be bid up pretty quickly, though. I was bid on a every other year platinum 2 bedroom plus at Ocean 22. I knew I wouldn’t get it with what I bid, but watched it go all the way up to almost $6000. If it gets up there that high, those upfront fees just might get it to pass.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
IMHO...It has a chance of passing ROFR for lower than normal because HGVC have big inventory with the new NYC properties. Prices usually drop when there is new developer inventory in the area, but then stabilize as the supply of resale inventory reduces back to normal.

Seans says that they "liquidate developer." This could be trade-ins for people buying the newer Central at 5th or Residence properties. If he gets a fixed fee for selling then he wouldn't care about the final price because his commission is not tied to it so rapid sale or ROFR gets him paid quicker.

P.S. It appears from prior Tug threads that the Ebay seller seans0302 has mixed reviews - some love him, some have had less than ideal experiences with delays, incorrect deeds, and estoppel unit descriptions that don't match the advertisement. YMMV

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/seans-timeshare-seans0302.250962/#post-2254775

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...poorly-advice-request-sean-singletary.275321/

Could be worth the risk but you would have to conduct due diligence and expect that this will not close quickly. If you have a prepaid legal plan through your employer you could run the contracts and deeds by them to ensure correctness. or purchase title insurance.

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used Seans0302 for one of our Hyatt units. While the transaction was excruciatingly slow (six months), he was honest and I would use him again (possibly on this one :)).

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given the extensive publicity on Tug (which is a material portion of TS resale buyers, imo) I predict this will go right around the market value for this week. One Tug thread can make a big difference...

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Given the extensive publicity on Tug (which is a material portion of TS resale buyers, imo) I predict this will go right around the market value for this week. One Tug thread can make a big difference...

The nice thing about this sale is that the fees are paid for. I think it will go pretty high too.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have used Seans0302 for a few higher priced units. They went smoothly and I personally wouldn’t hesitate buying from him again.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The closing costs seems low on a NYC purchase.

When we purchased west 57 we got told that by NY law you had to use a lawyer from NY when purchasing real estate there. Therefore the closing cost was also higher than normal.

Since the seller is paying the buyer shouldn’t care but if the selected closing company is not allowed to perform the closing etc then I would say you are asking for trouble.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
As of 6am PT Sun 5/19: 22 bids now $1501. 3.5 days remaining on auction.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ROFR database would seem to say that this won't pass ROFR for less than about $14K or so (based on most recent data from last year).

As a side note: Unless prices went down quite a bit from when we bought resale in 2013 to the first datapoint there for 2017, it would seem that what we were told by our resale company about what it would take to pass ROFR may have been quite over-inflated. And this is one of the ones we all like :)

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ROFR database would seem to say that this won't pass ROFR for less than about $14K or so (based on most recent data from last year).

As a side note: Unless prices went down quite a bit from when we bought resale in 2013 to the first datapoint there for 2017, it would seem that what we were told by our resale company about what it would take to pass ROFR may have been quite over-inflated. And this is one of the ones we all like :)

Cheers.

Judi told me last year that a 5250 contract would not pass ROfR if it was under $20k. According to her hgvc had told her so.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judi told me last year that a 5250 contract would not pass ROfR if it was under $20k. According to her hgvc had told her so.

And the real data are clearly contrary to that. Same person who told me that it would take $27K in 2013. Unfortunately for me, I listened.

Cheers.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
HGVC still has an interest in protecting the existing NYC prices even though they have two new properties to sell. The Quin is not for sale yet, and the central is in pre-construction pricing. (Phase one close to sold out). So maintaining values for W57th make sense. They can sell them for interested buyers who want right now. Not sure if I believe the 20k number though as it seems high to me personally. The Residences are still pretty new, and don't know if they are sold out. Certainly not a big resale market yet for them as most buyers are still pretty new and might have loans against them. My HCNY was under 10k and closed this year. In any case, this will sell either to Hilton or a private party. Interested to see where it ends up, and if possible, which gets it when all said and done

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Awhile back (maybe 6 to 9 months ago) we were told that a ton of people were buying back from The Residences to W 57th St and as a result, they had very little W 57th St inventory. I wouldn't count on low ROFR.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Now 26 bids $1626. Broker said that Owner wants to get rid of it. (i.e. the money doesn't matter - could be that they are wealthy and $10 - 15k doesn't matter, or could be a business owner who used it to house owner/employees in NYC and they want it off their books.) We saw this recently on a Westin Maui unit valued at $15k where the owner had it for many years and "they got their value and were done" so basically gave it away.

So if they only got $1 and it get's ROFRed owner doesn't care because it's off their hands. An ROFR will close quickly (and they won't have to cover any buyer fees). Any excess cash they receive from the transaction is frosting on the cake. Could be the deal of the year if it doesn't get ROFRed.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
As of Tues 5/21 11 am ET/8 am PT now at $4000 ($3950). 1.5 days to go. I would go for this but I don't need more HGVC points right now.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of Tues 5/21 11 am ET/8 am PT now at $4000 ($3950). 1.5 days to go. I would go for this but I don't need more HGVC points right now.

1 contract at NYC is enough for me :D

Might want to add on another with cheaper MF :)

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

With eBay, many people dont bid until just before the auction ends. You don't gain any competitive advantage from bidding early unless they offer buy now and your happy with that price.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
With eBay, many people dont bid until just before the auction ends. You don't gain any competitive advantage from bidding early unless they offer buy now and your happy with that price.

Price is now at $4,550.

IMO you can always argue forth and back about the fairness about bidding in the last few seconds. IMO ebay should add an additional 2min to the auction if bids was received within the last 2min of the auction. That way everyone had a fair chance of getting the listing not just those bidding in the last 2 seconds.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Not to go to far off topic, but if you bid your maximum bid, and it’s the highest when auction ends it’s the winner. If someone outbids you with one second to go, it’s because they had a higher bid. So there is no fairness in saying someone gets a second chance to bid if they are losing from not bidding their maximum bid during the actual auction. In any case, the reality is the highest bid, no matter when it was placed during the auction, wins at the close. And the last few seconds are when the big bids are placed so not to “Telegraph” where the top is.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bottom of the ninth is the bottom of the ninth. If the go-ahead run is scored there, there is no tenth.

Having just won a signed Neil Young guitar at an auction using this very strategy, I'm quite happy for no tenth inning in these cases :)

Cheers.