• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any tug members bidding on this week

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Saw it but doubt it will pass ROFR.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Appears that 1 week costs $4K in maintenance fees so I can’t imagine why they would use their FROR.

Once every 2 years use and $1995 annual maintenance fee. Seems expensive to use.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Isn’t it a 1/1 Mountain View? The 1995 is only due once every two years. It’s probably going to go for more, but most folks want 2/2’s and Oceanfront.
There are much cheaper ways to get Hyatt points for trading, but if you (two of you) want to go to Maui every other April, and don’t mind a IV, it could be a very good deal. We paid a lot more for an EOYO 2/2 OV.
I never let ROFR worry me, as many have taught me here. I offer what I want to pay and if Hyatt takes it, good for them.

eddeeeee

Reaction score
I was not aware of it until I saw your post. I will be looking into it because it could pair nicely with our week 18 unit.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Isn’t it a 1/1 Mountain View? The 1995 is only due once every two years. It’s probably going to go for more, but most folks want 2/2’s and Oceanfront.
There are much cheaper ways to get Hyatt points for trading, but if you (two of you) want to go to Maui every other April, and don’t mind a IV, it could be a very good deal. We paid a lot more for an EOYO 2/2 OV.
I never let ROFR worry me, as many have taught me here. I offer what I want to pay and if Hyatt takes it, good for them.
I figured it would go for much higher. Have no need for it actually since we have access to Maui via Westin. Actually looking into Incline Village or Sedona.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I figured it would go for much higher. Have no need for it actually since we have access to Maui via Westin. Actually looking into Incline Village or Sedona.
There’s a great 2000 point EOYE Week 38 HPP in Redweek for $2000. We were going to make an offer (we go to Oahu, Maui and Kauai every Odd Sept/Oct) and to Sedona, Durango, and Pagosa or Taos every Even Sept/Oct) but it is Unit 921 which has 18-20 steps, no elevator. We always travel with a wheelchair so it wouldn’t work no matter how cheap.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
There’s a great 2000 point EOYE Week 38 HPP in Redweek for $2000. We were going to make an offer (we go to Oahu, Maui and Kauai every Odd Sept/Oct) and to Sedona, Durango, and Pagosa or Taos every Even Sept/Oct) but it is Unit 921 which has 18-20 steps, no elevator. We always travel with a wheelchair so it wouldn’t work no matter how cheap.
Thanks. I will check it out.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
One bedroom island view, every other year, with high maintenance fees? I would say its real value is close to zero. It will sell for more, but only because it's a new Hyatt property. The resale prices will drop quickly in the next few years, as they normally do for new properties. Not a good buy.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
how do you know it is island view ?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
how do you know it is island view ?

Unit number. 01 is island view, 02 is ocean view.

First usage is 2021. Also, week 16 is low season for Hawaii. I would pass on it, even if it was free.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if it passes ROFR.

That will easily pass ROFR. It would have sold new for only about 16K. Sales aren't booming, they don't need a mountain view unit to resell.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patience. I was probably outbid 20 times before when fell into my lap. But it was on WMTC.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
That will easily pass ROFR. It would have sold new for only about 16K. Sales aren't booming, they don't need a mountain view unit to resell.
Interesting. When I called and talked to a sales agent yesterday from the Hyatt Kaanapali about what they sell the 1 BR Mountain View for, he told me the mid 20's.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. When I called and talked to a sales agent yesterday from the Hyatt Kaanapali about what they sell the 1 BR Mountain View for, he told me the mid 20's.

As all things, depends on when you bought it and how well you bargained. I'm sure he didn't give you their bottom figure. I took my number from the original pricing sheets. Also, each season is different. For example, weeks up to week 12 were about 22-23K originally. Price drops quickly starting with week 13 and so on

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
As all things, depends on when you bought it and how well you bargained. I'm sure he didn't give you their bottom figure. I took my number from the original pricing sheets. Also, each season is different. For example, weeks up to week 12 were about 22-23K originally. Price drops quickly starting with week 13 and so on
Ahhh... that makes perfect sense. That's why I joined TUG, to get great info. from people like you. Thanks!