• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Passed ROFR

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We made an offer (accepted) for an EOYO 2/2 Hyatt Ka’anapali Ocean View on March 12th. Title Company electronically forwarded ROFR documentation to Hyatt on Wednesday, March 13th. Hyatt Ka’anapali has a 15 “day” decision period to either exercise or waive ROFR. Today is day 20 and there has been no word from Hyatt. This has been discussed before, but are there any remedies or suggestions. I am guessing we just have to wait for a Hyatt answer...

I so hope you pass ROFR. Such a great resort to own

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Isn't it day 15 today, not day 20? Also it's 30 days for other Hyatt resorts, are you sure it's 15 days for HKB?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Isn't it day 15 today, not day 20? Also it's 30 days for other Hyatt resorts, are you sure it's 15 days for HKB?
Hyatt Ka’anapali and Hyatt Aspen have 15 days. All others are 30 days. I have considered that by “days” Hyatt means business days. That would make today day 15 (business). If that is how they determine days, then a 15 “day” ROFR period is really a 20-25 day period, and a 30 day period is really a 40-45 day period.
There is actually nothing to be done but wait...

taffy19

Reaction score
We made an offer (accepted) for an EOYO 2/2 Hyatt Ka’anapali Ocean View on March 12th. Title Company electronically forwarded ROFR documentation to Hyatt on Wednesday, March 13th. Hyatt Ka’anapali has a 15 “day” decision period to either exercise or waive ROFR. Today is day 20 and there has been no word from Hyatt. This has been discussed before, but are there any remedies or suggestions. I am guessing we just have to wait for a Hyatt answer...
I hope that it will pass ROFR for you. It is a beautiful resort on one of the best beaches with crystal clear ocean water!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I hope that it will pass ROFR for you. It is a beautiful resort on one of the best beaches with crystal clear ocean water!
I do too! We really like the entire Maui Ocean Club Resort, especially the Lahaina and Napili Towers, but we didn’t like how small their Lanai ‘s are, or that they only access from the bedrooms. Back to the drawing boards if we fail.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt waived ROFR. Awesome!!

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Just got the news our Pinon Pointe week passed ROFR. We made the offer March 25 and heard today so an extremely quick turn around. Now we own 3 Hyatt weeks and 1 Westin so we should be done.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much did you pay for the EOY 2 bedroom?
We are paying $15,000 and splitting the closing/transfer costs so $15,725 plus reimbursing the 2019 MF of $2700 for 2019 Week 39 usage. Booked our airfare Houston-Maui an hour after hearing, $742 RT/PP United and booked our rent car 12 days (9/23-10/5) for $434 on Costco. Will add to Autoslash today. We will be using a $699 Westin promotion for 5 nights at WKORV and then over to the Hyatt. So far, so good!!

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are paying $15,000 and splitting the closing/transfer costs so $15,725 plus reimbursing the 2019 MF of $2700 for 2019 Week 29 usage. Booked our airfare Houston-Maui an hour after hearing, $742 RT/PP United and booked our rent car 12 days (9/23-10/5) for $434 on Costco. Will add to Autoslash today. We will be using a $699 Westin promotion for 5 nights at WKORV and then over to the Hyatt. So far, so good!!
Great deal. Hyatt quoted us 35,000 for a mid level odd year 2 bedroom.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great deal. Hyatt quoted us 35,000 for a mid level odd year 2 bedroom.
The mid levels are definitely more. We missed a Hyatt Ka’anapali EOYO on eBay a couple of months ago, I think it went for a little less than $10,500. We also found a slightly better deal on a Week 49 (about $1K less), but we are going to be trying to sync our EOYO Ko’Olina and Waiohai with the Hyatt week 39. With the Week 39 we can try for Weeks 37 and 38 or Weeks 40 and 41. With the Week 49 we would only be able to try for Marriott Weeks 47 and 48. We couldn’t book Weeks 50 and 51, because neither of the Marriott week units qualify for Week 51.

Last edited:

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
We are paying $15,000 and splitting the closing/transfer costs so $15,725 plus reimbursing the 2019 MF of $2700 for 2019 Week 39 usage. Booked our airfare Houston-Maui an hour after hearing, $742 RT/PP United and booked our rent car 12 days (9/23-10/5) for $434 on Costco. Will add to Autoslash today. We will be using a $699 Westin promotion for 5 nights at WKORV and then over to the Hyatt. So far, so good!!
WOW! You did not waste any time!! You sound like quite a strategist... Great job. We plan like that too...

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WOW! You did not waste any time!! You sound like quite a strategist... Great job. We plan like that too...
We vacation with our kids and grandkids, sometimes just a small group, sometimes the whole crowd... It would be chaos if somebody didn’t do a little preplanning! That’s my job. Then on vacation it’s kick back time with a good single malt Scotch for me and they take on all the itinerary ideas/issues.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also handle all of the grilling, that really goes well with the single malt...!

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
I also handle all of the grilling, that really goes well with the single malt...!
LOL! I think you are getting the better end of the deal....

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You got such a great deal and it’s something you will use so double win. I look forward to using my week for the first time in 2020. Enjoy your vacation and make lots of memories

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You got such a great deal and it’s something you will use so double win. I look forward to using my week for the first time in 2020. Enjoy your vacation and make lots of memories
Thank you, and perfectly said! We bought our various Hyatt’s and Marriott’s (and Wyndham points) to use. We are looking forward to 10-15 years of trips so we can leave fond memories with our kids, grandkids and friends. Cheers!!!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, and perfectly said! We bought our various Hyatt’s and Marriott’s (and Wyndham points) to use. We are looking forward to 10-15 years of trips so we can leave fond memories with our kids, grandkids and friends. Cheers!!!

As I get older, I want to spend my money in the years ahead making memories with my family and my grandson (hoping to have many more grand-babies in the future) as I just want the basics and enjoy my retirement when that happens in 2027

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
some great deals mentioned in here. Hopefully I find one soon

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
My new purchase is complete (see below)
1. Purchase Agreement - Start 11/1, Complete 11/21/18
2. ROFR - Start 11/21, Complete 1/22/19
3. Title Search - Start 1/22, Complete 2/11/19
4. Escrow/Deed Prep - Start 2/11, Complete 3/08/19
5. 2019 Dues (for 2020 wk) - Complete 3/26/19
6. Record Deed - Start 3/8, Complete 4/22/19
7. Membership Activation - Start 4/22, Complete 5/7/19
8. Interval Reservations - Missed Deadline

I am excited about the new purchase, but there remains significant problems that I now have to deal with......
  1. I did NOT receive my full 2200 pts. Something happened and there are only 1760 pts in the account
  2. My account did not complete in time for me to use the points, so now the points are all LCUP!
  3. The selling company refused to make any reservations for me, thus creating the problems shown above.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am excited about the new purchase, but there remains significant problems that I now have to deal with......
  1. I did NOT receive my full 2200 pts. Something happened and there are only 1760 pts in the account
  2. My account did not complete in time for me to use the points, so now the points are all LCUP!
  3. The selling company refused to make any reservations for me, thus creating the problems shown above.

SHG: Your timelines as presented are the worst I have ever seen for a HRC purchase. While a slow seller (estate, divorce, out of the country) or buyer can certainly delay a transfer, the dates you are documenting are terrible for every single step. As someone who purchased three HRC weeks during the period you are describing, I will assure you your delay's were not HRC/Marriott.

Sadly, I doubt you have any recourse as most selling companies will say they have 90-180 days.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
SHG: Your timelines as presented are the worst I have ever seen for a HRC purchase. While a slow seller (estate, divorce, out of the country) or buyer can certainly delay a transfer, the dates you are documenting are terrible for every single step. As someone who purchased three HRC weeks during the period you are describing, I will assure you your delay's were not HRC/Marriott.

Sadly, I doubt you have any recourse as most selling companies will say they have 90-180 days.
The timeline is pretty unbelievable... It amazes me that you can buy a million dollar house in a fraction of the time it takes to buy a timeshare... doesn't make sense...

But, that could still have been a non issue had the company just allowed me to make a reservation and either deposit the points in Interval or to make some reservations in Interval. Then, after closing i could do whatever I desired. But, because they denied my doing anything, the points were allowed to move into LCUP....

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

This is a horrible time line! Who was your selling company/closing agent?