• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Poll on Foxrun Townhouses, Lake Lure, NC, near Asheville. Please vote for one.

Have you ever stayed at Foxrun in North Carolina? Vote for one.

• Yes, and I loved it

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • No, but I want to go sometime

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Yes, I stayed and thought it was okay

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No, I would never go to Foxrun in Lake Lure, NC because it's not a place that interests me.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I own there and have never been, but I have enjoyed the trading power with II

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We live in Colorado, not quite as west as you, but we rarely go east, except to Orlando. Part of the issue with going back east is airfare and a general lack of non-stop flights.

Our first trip back east was Williamsburg several years ago. We stayed at the Marriott for two weeks. Loved it.

Since Rick has retired 4 years ago, we have done three trips to other cities and areas besides florida, including two weeks in Hilton Head, and last year we went to Maine and Massachusetts. That was a lot of fun.

We rarely go that direction, I still have several places I would go ahead of the N. Carolina mountains, including Kitty Hawk, Myrtle Beach (this June with grandkids), and some other parts of the NE.

Maybe it's because we have these mountains just an hour away that are taller. :)

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Anita, do you trade with II or RCI? We used to get good trades with II but not so much any more. Maybe we should switch.
I have never used rci for Foxrun since it appeared to be valued there so minimally. I have exchanged with Interval International into Marriotts , once into New Orleans, and multiple times into my favorite location in Cancun with this deposit.
I should add that we have also stayed at Foxrun twice and found it very pleasant.
Anita

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
I have to assume that most TUG members have not been there. It's a quaint area, and I am sure it's beautiful. It's in the mountains, and there is a lake and the units are all large, all 2 bedrooms.

We planned on going one day, but we live in Colorado and so rarely go back east, although we have been to the northeast once and Hilton head once and Williamsburg once. I put our weeks into PIC with Wyndham.

I would like everyone to vote, everyone that reads this post. Please vote.

There is a sunset clause at Foxrun, and it seems we are all going to have to vote whether to keep it as a timeshare or let it go to tenants in common.
How do we vote? I mean right here on this website, not with the resort.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, does anyone trade Foxrun via RCI with any success? Does it get Disney? I'm a Marriott person so trading in RCI isn't really a good option other than for a few older Marriotts.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does that mean? I'm not an RCI person so I don't get the point of your post.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What does that mean? I'm not an RCI person so I don't get the point of your post.

DVC one bedrooms are 45 TPU's right now for summer weeks. 45 TPU's and $249? exchange fee.

Matt, you can get something in DVC, but it would take 2-3 Foxrun deposits with RCI, unless you can travel last minute, then you could get one or two weeks because the TPU's are greatly reduced.

I loved it when II had DVC because I could get something 1:1, but now it gets 2 of mine to get one 1 bedroom at Disney's Saratoga Springs. It's just how it is, and I wish it was not that crazy.

So Foxrun deposits are worth 24 points for 4th of July week, week 26 of this year. That is my week, so I know that one. I just looked to see what a few spring and fall weeks are:
Weeks 33-35 are worth 20
Spring break weeks are worth 18-20, but week 14 is 24

I recommend getting a better trader or RCI Points. RCI Points in Vegas, Grandview specifically, would be your best bet. If you could get over 90K points, you would always be able to get a one bedroom at Saratoga Springs. That would be a guarantee of getting something. The fees are very reasonable for those. I see them for sale on eBay all of the time.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
You can't get something you can't see.

:cool:

Oh, sorry.

What I meant is that I have searched RCI online, at RCI.com, since the first day they offered that. By "see" I mean that I could exchange for what I "see" online, provided I had deposited what it takes to get it.

When I say "You can't get something you can't see", what I mean is that it doesn't make any difference if I have enough deposited if there isn't anything in the Spacebank.

The full history behind my comment is that when Disney first was available through RCI, I could "see" quite a lot, and I could "get it" with a single deposit. Then, it took 2-3-or 4 deposits. Then it stopped being available all together.

Actually, there's even more history behind my post, but that's not important.

Right now I can "see" 74 resorts in the Orlando area, none of them Disney, and when I search for Disney, I get:

There are no resorts available for "Disney Resorts"

Last edited:

itchyfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Own two Fall weeks. We've had excellent trades with II, including Marriott Newport Coast and Marriott Palm Desert.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week 39 (fall leaf season) and also get great trades in II. Things seem to be very different in RCI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC one bedrooms are 45 TPU's right now for summer weeks. 45 TPU's and $249? exchange fee.

Don't forget to mention that Disney also charges their own fee of a couple hundred dollars for inbound exchangers.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The glory days of Foxrun trading are over. I did stay when I lived in Atlanta, and I stayed at many Wyndhams and Fairfields in the NC mountains and much preferred. Cindy summed things up quite well...with RCI you always have to add up total tpu value and the ever-increasing exchange fees to see if it's worth it to exchange. Interval still have lower exchange fees, and one for one exchanging...so you should use your foxrun in that system, and make sure it's via ongoing search.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad I saw this thread. I own two summer weeks at Foxrun and either I did not get the mailing or it is piled up with the rest of the mail I need to go through...LOL!! I have owned the weeks for almost 18 years but have never been to the property. Is it really that bad? I forgot to deposit my July 5th week this year and am trying to rent it out to friends for the MF but don't want to do it if is a dump! We have still been getting pretty good exchanges through II. I always snag things online vs putting in searches.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
I am glad I saw this thread. I own two summer weeks at Foxrun and either I did not get the mailing or it is piled up with the rest of the mail I need to go through...LOL!! I have owned the weeks for almost 18 years but have never been to the property. Is it really that bad? I forgot to deposit my July 5th week this year and am trying to rent it out to friends for the MF but don't want to do it if is a dump! We have still been getting pretty good exchanges through II. I always snag things online vs putting in searches.

No Foxrun is not a 'dump'. The people talking bad about the resort either never stayed there or stayed there a long time ago. All the units have been recently updated and WiFi installed (my only real complaint was no WiFi). Our unit has a great view of Bald Mountain and Lake Lure, nice kitchen and decor. It's not the Marriott but serves our needs.

Reactions: LMD

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Foxrun is not a 'dump'. The people talking bad about the resort either never stayed there or stayed there a long time ago. All the units have been recently updated and WiFi installed (my only real complaint was no WiFi). Our unit has a great view of Bald Mountain and Lake Lure, nice kitchen and decor. It's not the Marriott but serves our needs.

I don't own at Foxrun but at the next-door, sister VRI resort Fairways of the Mountain at Lake Lure. But it's managed by the same people and - the one time I have stayed there - I agree that it was not a dump nor a Marriott but seemed to be a solid, clean, well-run resort. I'm not opposed to going back but I continue to enjoy the trades I can get in II (looking forward to a trip to Kauai).

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
I have never used rci for Foxrun since it appeared to be valued there so minimally. I have exchanged with Interval International into Marriotts , once into New Orleans, and multiple times into my favorite location in Cancun with this deposit.
I should add that we have also stayed at Foxrun twice and found it very pleasant.
Anita
Sorry it took so long to answer! Just back from 2 trips to South America.
Yes, we trade thru II and always get good trades.
Anita