• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stormy Point Village has been sold

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stormy Point Village has been sold to Capital Vacations (formerly Capital Resorts Group). Plan are to integrate it into the Capital Vacations Club.

http://capitalvacations.com/images/news/CV-SWR-PRESS-RELEASE.pdf
https://www.facebook.com/capitalvacations/photos/a.561269053900573/2612367592124032/

Summer Winds Resort Services developed the Stormy Point Village resort in Branson and revived the 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort and Spa in Genoa, Nevada. In November 2018, Orange Lake Resorts, owner of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand, announced the acquisition of the 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort while Stormy Point Village has now been acquired by Capital Vacations.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Let's hope they don't muck it up. Stormy pointe seems extremely nice and deserving of their elite II award

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think management fees will go up a little but not drastically. Onsite sales might ramp up a little. The bigger worry for owners that I heard is a rummer that Diamond is looking to purchase Capital.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Hopefully for the better.

Actually, Summer Winds did not start the Stormy Point Village Development, but since they took over, it has been the scuzziest, scammiest, sleaziest Branson resort, which is hard to do.

So many things that I would never put in print, but here's a scintilla of fact, since some folks prefer a more credible source:

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/branson/p...es/summerwinds-resort-services-llc-0734-29040

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts

Actually, Summer Winds did not start the Stormy Point Village Development, but since they took over, it has been the scuzziest, scammiest, sleaziest Branson resort, which is hard to do.

So many things that I would never put in print, but here's a scintilla of fact, since some folks prefer a more credible source:

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/branson/p...es/summerwinds-resort-services-llc-0734-29040
That is very depressing..... Especially considering how nice the amenities are

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When we visited a Capital Resort here in NC, there were no onsite sales *at all.* There was a lovely, onsite, full-time, year-round manager (whom we invited to share Thanksgiving dinner with us.) It is disappointing that they might be bought by DRI. *sigh*

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Its a shame that the concept has been mired in deceit and sleaziness.

Is this about the style of TS sales at the property ?
or the quality of the property ....

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Is this about the style of TS sales at the property ?
or the quality of the property ....
Seems to be issue with the sales team and the over the top lies they're telling. Based on my quick view of the BBB complaints.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
When we visited a Capital Resort here in NC, there were no onsite sales *at all.* There was a lovely, onsite, full-time, year-round manager (whom we invited to share Thanksgiving dinner with us.) It is disappointing that they might be bought by DRI. *sigh*

At this point, unless you’re Marriott, Hilton or Disney, you “might be bought by DRI.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Our first timeshare in Vermont, went thru many ownerships. Started as a small independent, then bought by various investment groups. Never knew one year to next where to send maintenance fees.
Major renovations in the 90’s. We no longer have this timeshare, but it’s still open and thriving.
Silentg

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Yeah, sleazy sales. They promise to sell your current timeshare if you buy from them, but, of course, you wind up with both of them.

Their top salesperson told me about it awhile back, and when he found out, he quit. But, the BBB complaints since have said the same thing.

With the change of ownership, does anyone know if Pat Joyce will still be involved?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
They promise to sell your current timeshare if you buy from them, but, of course, you wind up with both of them.

Smart/realistic/alert enough to recognize a common problem, but sleazy enough to use that against the prospect, and double down on it. My guy says they let anyone out if they lawyer up, even after the cancellation deadline, and even doing that they came/come out ahead.

BBB records corroborate that.

So we will close the account with the lender and release *** ******* from the contract. He will received (SIC) a letter from the contract department to confirm the account is closed.

Thanks for your time and concern with this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at ************.

Compliance Officer
Summer Winds Resorts

Complaints are still being filed:

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/branson/p...nds-resort-services-llc-0734-29040/complaints

. . . And if we didn't use our week at Stormy Point we would recieve our dues back! and the kicker was they would SELL our exisiting timeshare so this Summerwind resort would basically pay for itself and we would have more flexibility, spend less, would have top priority when booking and we would have less maintenance fees to pay. Sound too good to be true? YES. ALl lies! . . .

Bribed us with tickets to local shows, kept our kids away from us for several hours, we felt pressured to decide, worried about how the kids were doing, hearing they could get rid of our other porperty, it all sounded great! We told him over and over ther was NO WAY we could do both properties, signing was contingent upon the sale of our first property. I could have sworn he even said they would buy the first property back (for less of a price of course if it didn't sell in 3 months) but I cannot find that in the paperwork. Of course the piece of scratch paper ****** was writing everything on is NOT in our packet. So basically we were lied to, made empty promises, misinformed, and pressured into a decision we would NOT have made otherwise. This company should not be allowed to do this to people!

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

But such complaints are similar across the entire timeshare industry, including big brand names. People who don't know what they are buying and buying sounds like a great idea when they are enjoying their vacation and end up with buyers' remorse.

BBB is filled with complaints like this for ALL timeshare system. BBB is a joke in itself.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
But such complaints are similar across the entire timeshare industry, including big brand names. People who don't know what they are buying and buying sounds like a great idea when they are enjoying their vacation end up with buyers' remorse.

Yup. Pretty much how it works. But this is far worse than the normal, every-day, run-of-the-mill sleaze. They're so good, they're conning people who already own and are unhappy!!!

:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Them promising to sell/buy your current timeshare if you buy with them. That's hella low. And while I was told that welk would buy back my points when I was done with them, was a BIG stretch but at least they didn't promise me anything like this....

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Them promising to sell/buy your current timeshare if you buy with them. That's hella low. And while I was told that welk would buy back my points when I was done with them, was a BIG stretch but at least they didn't promise me anything like this....

Welk did tell me that they would take back my Vistana if I bought from them. Same low life sales tactic.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Welk did tell me that they would take back my Vistana if I bought from them. Same low life sales tactic.
Damn. How long ago was that? The CEO cleaned out the sales team in 2016. Went to each resort personally and fired 95% of the sales people.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Yeah, It's a special kind of sleaze that preys on people wanting to get rid of their timeshares, and saddles them with two, then browbeats them when the victims find out.

But, then, I see these sleazes all the time, and they are not people you would wanna hang out with.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn. How long ago was that? The CEO cleaned out the sales team in 2016. Went to each resort personally and fired 95% of the sales people.

We hear this sort of story all the time about sales people being fired by some honcho and then you quickly learn that nothing has changed.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I've done enough updates to verify that at least at Branson the mentality and attitude of the sales crew has totally changed.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I've done enough updates to verify that at least at Branson the mentality and attitude of the sales crew has totally changed.

Who you talking about?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Sorry, Welk id what I was talking about.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yeah, sleazy sales. They promise to sell your current timeshare if you buy from them, but, of course, you wind up with both of them.

Works in Mexico -

THese days most of them end up on eBay / of course not everything on eBay sells - even for $ 1

Omatwins2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside at silvercreek, St James Place, Stormy Village
Can someone educate me on stormy point. We are here at the resort. We bought a week off market.
We attended a sales meeting just to get up to speed on what was going on. Didn’t catch any lies but it was the same sales pitch as we got from Wyndham. We never buy from these and always go off market. But my question: what’s the probable future of stormy? They are still
Showing as a Summerwind property yet the sales staff says they are Capital properties affiliated with II.