• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bHC vs HGVC

4Sunsets

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a long time. Still trying to understand bHC vs HGVC. I can't find a list of which resorts are which. For example, I see lots of resorts in Japan where we'd like to stay. I don't know if these are bHC or HGVC or whether as an HGVC owner I can stay.

And yes I've seen this:

hgvc vs the hilton club

I guess the main issue is Japan... the hilton site lists all these resorts, which I dont think we can actually stay at.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
bHC is a club within the HGVC club. The bHC points are full HGVC points, but also give priority access to the bHC properties. The bHC properties are eventually available to HGVC members but only at the 60 day mark.

I do not know the definite list of bHC properties. Most of these are Urban properties. NYC (some but not all), DC, Chicago (??), Charleston, new as yet un-built in Oahu. Not sure if that this is right.

The Japan Resorts listed are a new relationship to a resort chain and are NOT HGVC resorts. They are available for all of HGVC members AFAIK. These can't be booked online, you must call in to book them.

Last edited:

4Sunsets

Reaction score
bHC is a club within the HGVC club. The bHC points are full HGVC points, but also give priority access to the bHC properties. The bHC properties are eventually available to HGVC members but only at the 60 day mark.

I do not know the definitely list of bHC properties. Most of these are Urban properties. NYC (some but not all), DC, Chicago (??), Charleston, new as yet un-built in Oahu. Not sure if that this is right.

The Japan Resorts listed are a new relationship to a resort chain and are NOT HGVC resorts. They are available for all of HGVC members AFAIK. These can't be booked online, you must call in to book them.

thank you! i saw a previous thread from april 2018 on bhc but it didnt answer my questions. the japan resorts are interesting but i cant get in yet to see how many points for 1-2 bedroom suites

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
The points are insane for the Japanese resorts. If you want to go to japan, there are much better ways to do it.
The Bay Forest Odawara by Hilton Club
1 Bedroom Cottage 1,440 2,880 14,400

Aenokaze (JTB)

UNIT SIZE
JAPANESE-STYLE ROOM INCLUDES COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST
POINTS PER NIGHT
2 People/1 Room 3,400

4Sunsets

Reaction score
The points are insane for the Japanese resorts. If you want to go to japan, there are much better ways to do it.
The Bay Forest Odawara by Hilton Club
1 Bedroom Cottage 1,440 2,880 14,400

Aenokaze (JTB)

UNIT SIZE
JAPANESE-STYLE ROOM INCLUDES COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST POINTS PER NIGHT
2 People/1 Room 3,400

thank you

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I've been lurking here for a long time. Still trying to understand bHC vs HGVC. I can't find a list of which resorts are which. For example, I see lots of resorts in Japan where we'd like to stay. I don't know if these are bHC or HGVC or whether as an HGVC owner I can stay.

And yes I've seen this:

hgvc vs the hilton club

I guess the main issue is Japan... the hilton site lists all these resorts, which I dont think we can actually stay at.

bHC resorts:

New York:
West 57th
The Residences
Central on 5th (upcoming)
The Quin (upcoming)

Washington DC:

The District

Charleston:

Liberty Square (upcoming)

Oahu:

Honolulu

Japan:

Bay Forest

Chicago will be regular HGVC

4Sunsets

Reaction score
how better to go to japan and get bedrooms w kitchen?

4Sunsets

Reaction score
thank you

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I guess my idea of vacation is different. Bedrooms and kitchens are not really Japanese style, and I like my Sakura Niku at a restaurant :) For me the experience of Japan is experiencing Japanese things. For instance at Aenokaze they mention the beds are Japanese style. That's basically a plank and a bag of cement for a pillow. And a friendly reminder for when you are naked in the hot spring "Hot Spring / Onsen Etiquette: When visiting a hot spring in Japan visitors with visible tattoos will be prohibited from entering." I can understand wanting a kitchen for Hawaii or Orlando, but not Japan. Just my 2 cents, everybody has what makes them happy.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
I guess my idea of vacation is different. Bedrooms and kitchens are not really Japanese style, and I like my Sakura Niku at a restaurant :) For me the experience of Japan is experiencing Japanese things. For instance at Aenokaze they mention the beds are Japanese style. That's basically a plank and a bag of cement for a pillow. And a friendly reminder for when you are naked in the hot spring "Hot Spring / Onsen Etiquette: When visiting a hot spring in Japan visitors with visible tattoos will be prohibited from entering." I can understand wanting a kitchen for Hawaii or Orlando, but not Japan. Just my 2 cents, everybody has what makes them happy.

for sure, so true! we vacation a lot, n usually stay 3-4 weeks at a time multiple times a year, so we'd go broke without a kitchen. bedroom needed too as we r usually 3 or more trraveling. for us, the best part of staying in a new country/place is shopping like locals, cooking the local food ourselves. we do eat out but have to balance

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Only two resorts out of the list are HGVC resorts
  1. The Bay Forest Odawara by Hilton Club
  2. Hilton Grand Vacations Club on Sesokojima Island which opens in 2021
The others resorts in Japan are through some sort of partnership that HGVC has established which may mean limited availability. I believe all of the point charts are listed under each resort at the member website. See this thread regarding HGVC point charts - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/hgvc-points-charts.287779

Here are some previous TUG threads regarding HGVC Japan resorts

4Sunsets

Reaction score
ok, thanks. so for bhc you have to own at that bhc? otherwise you can only get a res 60 days in advance if u are hgvc or own anither bhc?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps someone else can confirm, but bHC has access to all other bHC. You have priority in home season for you property, but otherwise at the 9 month mark it acts like any other club membership. At 9 months, you get access to all bHC and HGVC resorts.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps someone else can confirm, but bHC has access to all other bHC. You have priority in home season for you property, but otherwise at the 9 month mark it acts like any other club membership. At 9 months, you get access to all bHC and HGVC resorts.

This isn’t correct. bHC owners get the same 9 month club booking window that regular HGVC members get at regular HGVC resorts. If you own at The Residences or The District, you get reciprocal 74 day window and a 59 day window at W57th. If you own at W57th, it’s 59 days at the other bHC properties. The Hilton Club of NY is just a different animal altogether. The 59 day window is the same as any HGVC owner has at bHC properties.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This isn’t correct. bHC owners get the same 9 month club booking window that regular HGVC members get at regular HGVC resorts. If you own at The Residences or The District, you get reciprocal 74 day window and a 59 day window at W57th. If you own at W57th, it’s 59 days at the other bHC properties. The Hilton Club of NY is just a different animal altogether. The 59 day window is the same as any HGVC owner has at bHC properties.

That is why I was wanting someone else to confirm. Thanks.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Not sure if you can download the club rules, WEB CLB-BRCH-Rules 2019 ENG R9 FINAL.pdf but they are a bit complicated as not all bHC are the same. As a member at 57th I can reserve The District 75 days out, so there is a tiny bit of an advantage.

"....The Club Reservation Window for BW Vacation Suites (also known as Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club) and GI Vacation Suites (also known as The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations Club) begins six (6) months (186 days) prior to the check-out date. • The Club Reservation Window for 57th Street Vacation Suites (also known as West 57th Street by Hilton Club), HC Suites (also known as The Residences by Hilton Club) and TD Suites (also known as The District by Hilton Club) begins fifty-nine (59) days prior to the check-out date, and the three night minimum booking does not apply...."

4Sunsets

Reaction score
thanks everyone.... I'm really interested in bhc because they will be @ Charleston eventually and a few other places we want to go, but it seems like no advantage to trying to own a bhc somewhere else. complex :(

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@tombanjo can you book The Residences at 75 days as well? We may want to change the info on the sticky as that’s where I got my info from.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It used to be that bHC owners got an entirely separate set of rules that us plebes could safely ignore. Then some genius at HGV decided that, since so many overlapped, they could be combined. At first, it was a bit disconcerting to find them commingled, but now with so many more bHC properties with differing periods of exclusivity, it's simply maddening.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
bHC resorts:

New York:
West 57th
The Residences
Central on 5th (upcoming)
The Quin (upcoming)

Washington DC:

The District

Charleston:

Liberty Square (upcoming)

Oahu:

Honolulu

Japan:

Bay Forest

Chicago will be regular HGVC
Which resorts on Oahu are bHC. We have stayed at all of them and always though that the 4 are straight HGVC.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Which resorts on Oahu are bHC. We have stayed at all of them and always though that the 4 are straight HGVC.

The new one being built in Waikiki. I don't believe it's open yet.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone.... I'm really interested in bhc because they will be @ Charleston eventually and a few other places we want to go, but it seems like no advantage to trying to own a bhc somewhere else. complex :(
Since bHC is more expensive than regular points it could be worthwhile to take your time to see if Charleston will book up fast or slow. If its slow you might be able to use your regular hgvc points and therefore you can save your $$ for something else.