• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Second Molokai Trip of 2019

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
One week from today we will be heading to Madison to fly out to Molokai Saturday morning.

Usually it’s really hectic getting things ready at home and at work before our trip and this week has been worse than usual.

I have been expecting an unannounced audit from the FDA for a while now. The government shutdown put them behind. I’m the only one who usually handles these so the guy I was prepping just in case they didn’t come was getting really nervous.

I will be out of the office next week traveling doing audits all around Wisconsin and into Illinois so the last day I would have been able to do the FDA audit was Yesterday, Thursday. We’ll, of course, really late in the day they did come. It took forever and I had to work most of the evening. We did good but that put me really behind but the guy I was training started to breath again. :)

So today, I’m way behind so I stayed a little later than I wanted but I kicked butt and got everything done. I got home before my wife so I started getting things done and she calls me to say she will be a little late. We’ll ten minutes later she calls me back and she got hit by another car while driving home. She was shaken up but she is fine. She said her back is a little sore but she thinks it was just from tensing up. If she wakes up fine tomorrow she should be fine but we’ll have to watch it. She got hit on the drivers side and the way it worked out, when she got hit, she jumped a median and went into oncoming traffic. She was very lucky because at that time of day where she was it is usually very busy.

I think the car maybe totaled. The front driver side wheel looked like something was broken and it wasn’t centered in the wheel well. The way she was hit, I think the frame maybe bent.

So we’ll top that off with, I’ll have to get a rental car tomorrow and there is a winter storm warning and we’re supposed to get 3 to 7 inches of snow.
Not to mention we may have to get a new car when we get back. If we have to get something new we may just lease this time. That way we won’t have to sell anything when we move to Molokai.

I guess we’ll worry about that later and enjoy our two weeks. :thumbup:

I’ll use this thread to post about my trip, if you want to follow along.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, I'm glad your wife wasn't hurt. Cars can be replaced - but not people. Nobody will ever say you didn't do things your own way. Just do what needs to be done, and get yourselves to the Islands. When you're on Molokai, you can totally unplug and really let things go. It will feel awesome. Good luck, friend.

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Sounds like that trip couldn't have come at a better time. I hope that your wife wasn't hurt too badly, but that probably shook her up!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Enjoy your trip, hope your wife will be ok. When are you moving permanently?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Sounds like that trip couldn't have come at a better time. I hope that your wife wasn't hurt too badly, but that probably shook her up!

Definitely shook up. She said going into that other lane with cars coming at her was terrifying. I think she’ll be fine but will know a lot more in the morning when she gets up.

Yes, when it gets time to leave we always think back on how lucky we are and we’re glad everything worked out.

I have to finish packing tomorrow because I’ll be gone all week. We’ll see if I can make a trip without forgetting something. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enjoy your trip, hope your wife will be ok. When are you moving permanently?

My wife turns 60 on this trip and she will be wintering there in two years when she retires. I have two to four years after that. So in four to six years we’ll be there.

We will probably be listing our house in three years, depending on the Economy and the market. Then We’ll just rent something small until we move.

taffy19

Reaction score
One week from today we will be heading to Madison to fly out to Molokai Saturday morning.

Usually it’s really hectic getting things ready at home and at work before our trip and this week has been worse than usual.

I have been expecting an unannounced audit from the FDA for a while now. The government shutdown put them behind. I’m the only one who usually handles these so the guy I was prepping just in case they didn’t come was getting really nervous.

I will be out of the office next week traveling doing audits all around Wisconsin and into Illinois so the last day I would have been able to do the FDA audit was Yesterday, Thursday. We’ll, of course, really late in the day they did come. It took forever and I had to work most of the evening. We did good but that put me really behind but the guy I was training started to breath again. :)

So today, I’m way behind so I stayed a little later than I wanted but I kicked butt and got everything done. I got home before my wife so I started getting things done and she calls me to say she will be a little late. We’ll ten minutes later she calls me back and she got hit by another car while driving home. She was shaken up but she is fine. She said her back is a little sore but she thinks it was just from tensing up. If she wakes up fine tomorrow she should be fine but we’ll have to watch it. She got hit on the drivers side and the way it worked out, when she got hit, she jumped a median and went into oncoming traffic. She was very lucky because at that time of day where she was it is usually very busy.

I think the car maybe totaled. The front driver side wheel looked like something was broken and it wasn’t centered in the wheel well. The way she was hit, I think the frame maybe bent.

So we’ll top that off with, I’ll have to get a rental car tomorrow and there is a winter storm warning and we’re supposed to get 3 to 7 inches of snow.
Not to mention we may have to get a new car when we get back. If we have to get something new we may just lease this time. That way we won’t have to sell anything when we move to Molokai.

I guess we’ll worry about that later and enjoy our two weeks. :thumbup:

I’ll use this thread to post about my trip, if you want to follow along.
I hope that your wife is really OK.

Our Chiropractor always used to say that you need to have a check-up if the car was moving over 5 miles per hour to get you re-aligned and to make sure that you didn’t need a medical visit too. I know that some people do not believe in Chiropractic care but we do.

She had a terrible car accident herself and had to give up her practice. I hope that your wife will take it seriously because her accident sounds serious if the car is totaled.

Luckily nobody was killed and a car can easily be replaced but really bad timing for you right before your vacation next week. I really hope that she is OK.

We always wanted to go back to Molokai again and flew with the same small propeller plane that you flew with. It was a very bumpy ride because it was extremely windy.

We drove by both your resorts. I remembered your condo number on the second floor but we stopped at the wrong resort so couldn’t find the building with that number.

This one was close to the Molokai Hotel so we drove further and found the second resort too so have an idea of both properties.

That had to be a very difficult decision for you to make a choice between them. I am so happy that you both love the condo that you found by yourself but with showing movies to your wife so she had an idea too and us here on TUG to get some more opinions too.

Your movies driving on the road now all look real familiar to me again because we visited there so many years ago.

It is still a beautiful Island and the locals were very friendly and always asked us if we needed help. We must look really old but we were looking for a bank because some local restaurants and even one grocery store didn’t take a credit card because it hadn’t been fixed yet.

We didn’t recognize the beaches where we stayed last time but the locals told me that this is normal for this time of year. We were there in November. We missed the Ranch and the 9 hole golf course that was opened up around that time and looked so green.

Also, there are more cars on the road now and nobody drives the legal speed limit that still is only 45 MPH but it is a very good road. We didn’t drive any dirt roads this time.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well she is up this morning and feels fine. No problems with her back. She said her leg stiffened up a little at night but that went away and has happened before. So she is moving around as good as before anyway. Thank You everyone for all the well wishes!!

She didn’t sleep that well because her mind was still racing but she did get some good rest.

Now to get a rental car and the dog off to the groomer before the snow hits.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope that your wife is really OK.

Our Chiropractor always used to say that you need to have a check-up if the car was moving over 5 miles per hour to get you re-aligned and to make sure that you didn’t need a medical visit too. I know that some people do not believe in Chiropractic care but we do.

She had a terrible car accident herself and had to give up her practice. I hope that your wife will take it seriously because her accident sounds serious if the car is totaled.

Luckily nobody was killed and a car can easily be replaced but really bad timing for you right before your vacation next week. I really hope that she is OK.

We always wanted to go back to Molokai again and flew with the same small propeller plane that you flew with. It was a very bumpy ride because it was extremely windy.

We drove by both your resorts. I remembered your condo number on the second floor but we stopped at the wrong resort so couldn’t find the building with that number.

This one was close to the Molokai Hotel so we drove further and found the second resort too so have an idea of both properties.

That had to be a very difficult decision for you to make a choice between them. I am so happy that you both love the condo that you found by yourself but with showing movies to your wife so she had an idea too and us here on TUG to get some more opinions too.

Your movies driving on the road now all look real familiar to me again because we visited there so many years ago.

It is still a beautiful Island and the locals were very friendly and always asked us if we needed help. We must look really old but we were looking for a bank because some local restaurants and even one grocery store didn’t take a credit card because it hadn’t been fixed yet.

We didn’t recognize the beaches where we stayed last time but the locals told me that this is normal for this time of year. We were there in November. We missed the Ranch and the 9 hole golf course that was opened up around that time and looked so green.

Also, there are more cars on the road now and nobody drives the legal speed limit that still is only 45 MPH but it is a very good road. We didn’t drive any dirt roads this time.

Wow Emmy, that’s great that you were able to get back to Molokai. Yes, windy days will make for an interesting ride in those small planes.

The resort by the Hotel is Molokai Shores and that is where I stayed when I was by myself videoing the condos. They have a different numbering system so they don’t have a B209.

And you are correct, our condo is at the one further out. One thing about WaveCrest is you have to pull in and drive down the driveway off the highway before you see the buildings. Molokai Shores has all the buildings visible from the highway.

Yes, we have always been treated very well by the locals also. They have been friendly and helpful.

There aren’t too many places that take credit cards but there are some. We still take the same amount of cash as on our other trips. The grocery does take cards. We have a Bank of Hawaii account now so we can just stop in or use the atm there now too.

I find that when I drive, if there is no one around I can drive the speed limit, 45 but if there are people behind me, if I go 50 they usually don’t ride right behind me. Then there are others that will still pass me but not too many.

I bought a HandiCam a few months ago so watch out, I’ll be posting more of my goofy videos :)
I have an external mic now that has a wind sound suppressor so hopefully when I take video on a beach the noise won’t be so bad. Besides me talking anyway. :)

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow Emmy, that’s great that you were able to get back to Molokai. Yes, windy days will make for an interesting ride in those small planes.

The resort by the Hotel is Molokai Shores and that is where I stayed when I was by myself videoing the condos. They have a different numbering system so they don’t have a B209.

And you are correct, our condo is at the one further out. One thing about WaveCrest is you have to pull in and drive down the driveway off the highway before you see the buildings. Molokai Shores has all the buildings visible from the highway.

Yes, we have always been treated very well by the locals also. They have been friendly and helpful.

There aren’t too many places that take credit cards but there are some. We still take the same amount of cash as on our other trips. The grocery does take cards. We have a Bank of Hawaii account now so we can just stop in or use the atm there now too.

I find that when I drive, if there is no one around I can drive the speed limit, 45 but if there are people behind me, if I go 50 they usually don’t ride right behind me. Then there are others that will still pass me but not too many.

I bought a HandiCam a few months ago so watch out, I’ll be posting more of my goofy videos :)
I have an external mic now that has a wind sound suppressor so hopefully when I take video on a beach the noise won’t be so bad. Besides me talking anyway. :)
We are looking forward to your videos.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got lucky a couple times today. We were able to get a rental car for a week at our local Enterprise. That’s the only rental car place in our small town here. We were lucky because the reservation was entered late yesterday by our insurance company. I rent from here fairly often for work and I know they run out of cars a lot.

Then we lucked out with the snow and we only got a couple inches so that will Probably be gone tomorrow since it’s supposed to be 48 degrees on Sunday.

I have to finish packing tomorrow since I will be gone all week for work. The insurance adjuster will be looking at our car on Monday or Tuesday so hopefully we will find out then what the fate of the car is going to be.

I get back on Friday and we will be heading to Madison for our park and fly at about 5pm. We are really happy with our flights for this trip. We leave Madison at 7am and go to Denver, then Denver to Maui. We get to Maui at 1pm Hawaii time. Then the short flight to Molokai. We’ll have enough time to grab something to eat and we’ll be on Molokai at 3:30pm. This will give us plenty of time to stop off and grocery shop before we head to the condo.

I don’t even want to think about maybe having to buy a car as soon as we get back. :)

taffy19

Reaction score
We got lucky a couple times today. We were able to get a rental car for a week at our local Enterprise. That’s the only rental car place in our small town here. We were lucky because the reservation was entered late yesterday by our insurance company. I rent from here fairly often for work and I know they run out of cars a lot.

Then we lucked out with the snow and we only got a couple inches so that will Probably be gone tomorrow since it’s supposed to be 48 degrees on Sunday.

I have to finish packing tomorrow since I will be gone all week for work. The insurance adjuster will be looking at our car on Monday or Tuesday so hopefully we will find out then what the fate of the car is going to be.

I get back on Friday and we will be heading to Madison for our park and fly at about 5pm. We are really happy with our flights for this trip. We leave Madison at 7am and go to Denver, then Denver to Maui. We get to Maui at 1pm Hawaii time. Then the short flight to Molokai. We’ll have enough time to grab something to eat and we’ll be on Molokai at 3:30pm. This will give us plenty of time to stop off and grocery shop before we head to the condo.

I don’t even want to think about maybe having to buy a car as soon as we get back. :)
Glad to read that you are lucky with the weather not being so bad and with the rental too.

I hope that your wife is less stiff today and not hurt by the accident.

You may cause a tourist surge to Molokai with your movies! :cool: I am looking forward to them.

We stopped at Wavecrest too and I stopped at the office to ask if I could have a look. An employee or manager just walked out of the office and I asked him if he knew you but he said that he didn’t know all the owners. He gave me permission to look around.

My husband stayed in the car and I walked the long driveway up to the big parking lot and where the buildings were.

I was greeted by 2 big puppies on the long driveway and they were friendly towards strangers (me) but played very rough with each other that I was concerned but a guy told me that they played together all the time and were fine.

I believe that one of them belonged to a property adjacent to your resort and came visiting often. Are pets allowed at your resort and for renters too?

I walked by the pool area and saw people there but didn’t go in to see it but went to see the ocean front and the black beach to the left and the stream to the right where kids were playing with throwing a coconut back and forward to each other. They were enjoying themselves while being outside and not playing video games inside!

I love the spacious grassy area with the semi-tropical foliage between the buildings and the beautiful mountains too on the other side of the road.

You will be happy there and I wish you and your wife a very relaxing vacation soon.

Aloha!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad to read that you are lucky with the weather not being so bad and with the rental too.

I hope that your wife is less stiff today and not hurt by the accident.

You may cause a tourist surge to Molokai with your movies! :cool: I am looking forward to them.

We stopped at Wavecrest too and I stopped at the office to ask if I could have a look. An employee or manager just walked out of the office and I asked him if he knew you but he said that he didn’t know all the owners. He gave me permission to look around.

My husband stayed in the car and I walked the long driveway up to the big parking lot and where the buildings were.

I was greeted by 2 big puppies on the long driveway and they were friendly towards strangers (me) but played very rough with each other that I was concerned but a guy told me that they played together all the time and were fine.

I believe that one of them belonged to a property adjacent to your resort and came visiting often. Are pets allowed at your resort and for renters too?

I walked by the pool area and saw people there but didn’t go in to see it but went to see the ocean front and the black beach to the left and the stream to the right where kids were playing with throwing a coconut back and forward to each other. They were enjoying themselves while being outside and not playing video games inside!

I love the spacious grassy area with the semi-tropical foliage between the buildings and the beautiful mountains too on the other side of the road.

You will be happy there and I wish you and your wife a very relaxing vacation soon.

Aloha!

I’m glad you were able to go into WaveCrest also. I only met the property manager once and that was in January. Those dogs may be his. If I remember right, I think he told me he lives next door. We have said hello to a few of the workers but they were busy and we didn’t introduce ourselves.

No, we can’t have pets there. We do see some stray cats around there once in a while too. No pets isn’t a big deal to us. Our dog is older and probably won’t be around when we move.

I’m glad you were able to see the grounds at WaveCrest. I felt it was much better than Molokai Shores and everything is kept up better too. The black beach is where the addition to WaveCrest was going to be but they decided against adding to the resort. It’s A nice little beach and I have seen people launch their kayaks from there.

The cabana has a fence around it with two gates. They have a key pad lock on them. They didn’t say how often the code gets changed. I’ll see if it’s changed when we get back there. We had to ask some people in the area what it was. I wrote a note in the condo for renters so they knew the code and who to ask for the new one if that one didn’t work. It would be better if they posted it online in the owners section but I didn’t see it there.

The sea cliffs on the other side of the road are another one of my favorite sights. From my lanai, they look like they come right down behind the C building which is the furthest one from the ocean.

Second day since the accident and my wife is back to normal so no issues. She was very lucky!

This trip we will be actually visiting some beaches to sit out and enjoy them so I hope to get more and better video of at least a few of them while we’re there.

6 Days!!

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Yikes, what a doozie of a way to kick off your next vacation, glad to hear she's feeling OK now!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well I made it through Monday, my last day at the office. Now just 3.5 more days traveling around Wisconsin and Illinois and I’m done. :)

I hope to hear tomorrow if the car is totaled or not. Don’t know what I really want at this point. :confused:

Reactions: Xan

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well I made it through Monday, my last day at the office. Now just 3.5 more days traveling around Wisconsin and Illinois and I’m done. :)

I hope to hear tomorrow if the car is totaled or not. Don’t know what I really want at this point. :confused:

I think it should be obvious: You need a Hyundai KONA! ;)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
upload_2019-4-29_22-7-23.jpeg

There you go!:)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like the Hawaii Kona better. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All day on the road for work yesterday. We ended out staying in Freeport Illinois. All day on the road again today and we’re in Eau Claire Wisconsin. One more long day tomorrow. We should end out in Wausau Wisconsin over night then drive home in the morning.

Then I have a lot to do, Finish packing, do laundry and pick up my wife at the rental car company.

We found out today that they totaled the car. We should have enough for a good down payment on a lease or new car. We were not ready for any of this so I may try to head to our preferred dealer on Friday and see what they have and what they will do for us. Otherwise, we are just going to forget about it while we’re gone and enjoy. I told my wife she can look for cars while we’re at the beach or the pool. :cool:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We found out today that they totaled the car. We should have enough for a good down payment on a lease or new car. We were not ready for any of this so I may try to head to our preferred dealer on Friday and see what they have and what they will do for us. Otherwise, we are just going to forget about it while we’re gone and enjoy. I told my wife she can look for cars while we’re at the beach or the pool. :cool:

Jeff, you know I have to say this: Check out the Costco Auto Buying Program. It saves members a lot of money. :)

Now, having said that, enjoy Molokai, and don't even worry about the car till you get home. :thumbup:

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, you know I have to say this: Check out the Costco Auto Buying Program. It saves members a lot of money. :)

Now, having said that, enjoy Molokai, and don't even worry about the car till you get home. :thumbup:

Dave

Honestly, I am glad you mentioned it because I would have forgotten to check that. Especially under these circumstances. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another long day of driving done. Now a half day tomorrow and get some things done, then off to Madison for our park and fly. Boy, I’m ready!!:thumbup: