• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extra Holidays - transferring to them to sell?

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Anyone ever have any luck using them to sell the vacation? I was quoted 60% of their sale price... I was gonna cancel a reservation but was told that because of the lack of inventory that it would like be sellable... I was also advised to take the points protection, that way if it did not sell, i would get the points back. Would love to hear ppl's thoughts and experiences...

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the reservation is at a high demand location or during a demand timeframe, list it yourself and keep 100% of the renting price. Craigslist is great for something like this. It's what I use.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
If the reservation is at a high demand location or during a demand timeframe, list it yourself and keep 100% of the renting price. Craigslist is great for something like this. It's what I use.
I see... i've never rented it out before... where would I get the paperwork to do this? How does one protect themselves from the liability of a poor or reckless tenant, etc...

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are renting, not leasing so a full blown rental agreement isn't necessary in my opinion. I include in the PayPal invoice the terms and conditions. By paying the invoice constitutes agreement to the terms and conditions. It like staying at a hotel, not renting a house. Keep it short and simple.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Keep in mind when you give a reservation to Extra Holiday's they may not rent out the whole time. They may only rent out a day or two and if they rent out even a day then you would not be eligible to cancel even if you have points shield. They also could rent it out as multiple stays in which case they don't charge you extra hk credits, they simply take the cost of the extra cleaning between guests and take that out of what they pay you.

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Keep in mind when you give a reservation to Extra Holiday's they may not rent out the whole time. They may only rent out a day or two and if they rent out even a day then you would not be eligible to cancel even if you have points shield. They also could rent it out as multiple stays in which case they don't charge you extra hk credits, they simply take the cost of the extra cleaning between guests and take that out of what they pay you.
wow... that's terrible. I just talked to them and you don't even know how much they might rent it out for, how much they are renting it out for if they have a tenant/guest. they won't tell you anything until after the fact. that is crazy! i don't understand how anyone would want to do that.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
wow... that's terrible. I just talked to them and you don't even know how much they might rent it out for, how much they are renting it out for if they have a tenant/guest. they won't tell you anything until after the fact. that is crazy! i don't understand how anyone would want to do that.
correct and that is why most people recommend that you rent it out yourself. It's really no crazier than having a program where you can turn in points which cost you $1000 in MF to cover $450 of those MF's (and not points that are about to expire- good points). Wyndham doesn't care. It;s a win win for them. They can use these programs as selling points and totally gloss over how they are not good deals for the owner.

And yet owners use these programs.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A one night rental is gladly accepted for your 7 night reservation by Extra Holidays. WHAT a loser position for a Wyndham owner!

BUT this has been a very good deal for Wyndham over the years. Lots of NEW clients for the sales staff to sell points to. And I would bet, many Extra Holiday guests might be found in your unit as it sits vacation those 6 other nights.

PS I did FIND an Extra Holiday guest(s) in my winter fixed week unit at Wyndham Sea Gardens ... took that to the resort's HOA annual meeting a week later. The area VP from Wyndham shut the HOA's Q&A session down in 4 seconds and RAN away. I think I was surrounded by 20+ other Wyndham owners in under a minute. I simply called my unit after they front desk told me my unit was occupied. So, I called the unit and asked for "Linda" where the guest admitted "no Linda here." and they did NOT know "the Linda" who owned the unit as they rented the unit from "Extra Holidays".

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see... i've never rented it out before... where would I get the paperwork to do this? How does one protect themselves from the liability of a poor or reckless tenant, etc...
I am a Wyndham VIP Platinum owner and last year used a portion of my points to rent out enough units in the first three months of 2018 to pay for ALL my maintenance fees for the year, and still had plenty points left to vacation. I used the following rental agreement with all my renters:

https://www.redweek.com/files/rentals/diy/sample-agreement.pdf

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score