• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Survey

Jzman1p

Reaction score
1) Is there a vacation destination you wish to visit most of the time or on a regular basis? if so where? Gulf shores area orange beach and gulf shores and Florida panhandle destin or in the area(loved emerald grande). Open to most resorts or even houses in those areas. Possible Disney sooner than later.

2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time? Would like to go to multiple resorts but open if I find the right resort

3) What are your 5 top trade destinations? Gulf shore and Florida panhandle, Disney, Dallas Tx,

4) How many people do you usually travel with?
4-10ppl
5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule? Summer and long weekends

6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance? Yes

7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time? Yes

8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars? 4-5

9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing? $5000

10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year? $2500

11) Are you a detail oriented planner? Yes

12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do? Yes

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
With respect to #3....

3) What are your 5 top trade destinations? Wyndham points...

We may be of more help to you if you tell where you'd like to travel....do you have some destinations already in mind?

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Seems like you prefer the Northern Gulf Coast & Florida Panhandle. At first I was going to say that Wyndam is not a destination and that you may have jumped to a quick conclusion as to what chain to buy into. But, in looking at listings for the North Gulf Coast & the Panhandle it looks like Wyndam is the one major chain that has a good presence in those areas.

One word of caution though. This area was hit rather hard last year by hurricane and is still recovering (and will be for quite some time). That implies higher maintenance fees and possibly one time assessments. Wyndam is certainly a good choice as far as hotel brand resorts go. But, you may want to look to see if you can buy into Wyndam through one of their other locations where maintenance fees might be lower (Las Vegas, maybe) and then trade into where you want to go. It would also offer you the opportunity to trade to some of their other locations when you want to take a break from Northern Florida/Panhandle area.

Jzman1p

Reaction score
Seems like you prefer the Northern Gulf Coast & Florida Panhandle. At first I was going to say that Wyndam is not a destination and that you may have jumped to a quick conclusion as to what chain to buy into. But, in looking at listings for the North Gulf Coast & the Panhandle it looks like Wyndam is the one major chain that has a good presence in those areas.

One word of caution though. This area was hit rather hard last year by hurricane and is still recovering (and will be for quite some time). That implies higher maintenance fees and possibly one time assessments. Wyndam is certainly a good choice as far as hotel brand resorts go. But, you may want to look to see if you can buy into Wyndam through one of their other locations where maintenance fees might be lower (Las Vegas, maybe) and then trade into where you want to go. It would also offer you the opportunity to trade to some of their other locations when you want to take a break from Northern Florida/Panhandle area.
Thanks I was not going to buy into a specific resort but more just like open points so that I can go any where. Thoughts

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham has lots of resorts on the East coast. When you look on ebay compare the specific resort to the maintenance fees. I just bought into Wyndam and I'm waiting to close. I picked a resort that had lower mfs but not the lowest and in an area that doesn't have natural disasters as a rule. As my home resort I get to make reservations for that resort before anyone else does and I like this resort very much. I love Emerald Grand and other resorts that are Wyndam but some are very hard to get into so that's why I bought into wyndham.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Thanks I was not going to buy into a specific resort but more just like open points so that I can go any where. Thoughts
I'm not nor ever been a Wyndam owner. So, I don't know if Wyndam has an "open points" membership like Marriott does. Based upon the response from talkamotta I would guess they don't.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
What does everyone else think?

Jzman1p, Welcome to Tug!

There are some resorts that are in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area that trade with exchange company RCI. You could look at what is listed on RCI to get an idea of what is in the area. Below is the link for what RCI has partnered with:
https://www.rci.com/resort-director...sorts_and_Offers&track3=Text:Resort_Directory

Here are the resorts listed with Interval International, another exchange company:
https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1500

I own at Palm Beach Resort in Orange Beach, AL. I believe some of the units in the building are privately owned. You could try to rent first before buying. You could call the resorts directly or try to rent from an owner.

Jzman1p

Reaction score
Thanks for the info..new to time share so all info would be great..