• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Extra Holidays - Disneyland - Peacock Suites for example

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
I own a couple of Hilton Grand Vacation timeshares but is limited to 5 or 6 cities. Wyndham Extra Holidays - Disneyland - Peacock Suites for example - are $329 USD a night to rent. Any idea how much would cost me to get points to use and how many points would take per night? And where to buy the points for "pennies on the dollar" as I have read on here?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Peacock Suites is a Shell resort, managed by Wyndham. Shell points are absolutely free. I have no idea how Wyndham is handling sales, but I do know that Peacock Suites is a very inexpensive product to reserve with Shell points. My Shell points are right around .26 per point. The most expensive weeks to book at Peacock Suites are 2 bedrooms (better than the 3 bedrooms for layout), and they are 3,900 points in prime season, less in off-season times of year. So $.26 X 3,900 points + $17.50 for a transaction fee, and you have a reservation for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, prime season. One bedrooms with two queen beds or one king bed (plus sofa sleeper) are 2,550 points per week. Do the math, and you are talking .26 X 2,550, or about $663 + $17.50 transaction fee + $80 cleaning fee to Wyndham.

But it gets better. If you can go just Sun-Thur, your price during prime season, it is much less. I advertise my Peacock Suites one bedrooms for weekdays as starting price of $72, but I have often rented for less than $50 per night.

It's only 1,250 points for Sun-Thur, so five nights. The weekend nights are 650 points each night, Fri-Sat. So the weekend is the bulk of the cost of a week, and Disneyland is much busier during the weekend, so why go then?

The other resorts in the Shell system are not cheap to book. I think maybe the Scottsdale/Phoenix resorts might be inexpensive to book, have yet to do that, but Vino Bello is very expensive. While a 2 bedroom at Peacock is max of 3,900 points, a 2 bedroom at Vino Bello is 9,050 for prime season, 6,700 for low season. Do the math on that! Crazy. But the units are nice.

One bedrooms at Vino Bello for full weeks are 5,900 in high season, weeknights are less, 600-800 (M-W, 600, Th and Sun 800).
Studios at Vino Bello are 3,250 points in high season.

I would probably stay in a studio during silver season, weeknights only, and that would be reasonable, 1,300 points for five nights X .26 = $338 + $17.50 + $80 cleaning fee. That is pretty cheap. The weekend adds 1,000 more points. So another $260 for two more nights.

There are things with Shell that are annoying, and I can think of two right now that I do not like.

1) I have six housekeeping fees included per year. I never know when Shell will charge for those, so I tell my guests that they will absolutely have to pay the housekeeping fees at the end of their stays. I don't want to promise anyone that they will get it free, because I have no idea when it will be free.

2) The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and you cannot get any answers via phone calls. So for example, I have a guest who wanted 4/2-4/9, but I could only get 4/3-4/9 a couple of days ago, so I got it first thing in the morning. Then about 2 PM that same day, I saw a 4/2 for the same resort, same unit type, and I called Shell to add that night. "Nope, you will lose 20% of your points, if you cancel it now and re-book the 7 nights together." Really? You cannot add a night? Nope. So I said, "let's go ahead and book the additional night as a separate reservation." He booked it for me, and then I asked, "What about housekeeping?" He said my guest will be charged two HK fees, most likely. I asked, "What can I do to keep him from paying two fees?" He told me to call Peacock Suites and tell them this is all one reservation. I called the front desk, but Peacock Suites says the information not to charge the HK fee has to come from Shell. ARRGHH!

What to do? I don't know what I can do, but if I call Shell again, it's another $25 transaction fee (over the phone fee) to get him or her to do anything. The cleaning fee is $80. I may have to wait until I have another guest to call again. I will definitely pay the $25 over the $17.50 to book the next thing, just so I can maybe get someone to help me at Shell.

Mostly I like Shell. I just have no way out of my ownership that won't cost me a lot. I was going to try to sell my Shell points but found out that all of my future reservations would be cancelled, should I sell even a portion of my ownership.

The weeknights are very cheap to book. Disneyland is less busy weekdays, so it works okay for us. Sometimes, Rick and I stay at Peacock Suites for $20 per night because some times of year are just cheap to stay. The $80 cleaning fee almost doubles the cost for us. Still a great deal.

I rent for pretty close to my cost per point, just so I don't lose money each year. It's worked okay. It's work I do for very little money, so I do not recommend getting sucked into a large number of points because they are cheap. You just cannot rent timeshares for a good profit, not the Shell ones, anyway.

Last edited:

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've noticed Peacock Suites is kind of hard for Wyndham owners to book. Perhaps
because it is priced so reasonably. I found a 6-night stay in a 2BR in November.
The weekend nights are 18,000 Wyndham points, and weeknights 11,000 points.

Most frugal owners pay around $6/1,000 points in Maintenance Fees, so those nights
are about $108 and $66, respectively.

I've had better luck with Wyndham points booking at Wyndham Anaheim, but even
so summer months may require booking at 10 months out or even 13 months out
if you own that resort or have access to advance booking through RARP.

The 2BR rate for November at Wyndham Anaheim looks to be 52,200 points for weekends
and 31,600 points for weeknights. (Thus about $313/$190 in MFs.) . I believe that
the reason it is so much more expensive is because it is a newer resort, and the point costs
on the recently built resorts are always higher.

Many here would advise you to *rent* your first couple of stays from another owner
before committing to ownership - and certainly *don't* pay retail for ownership.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I've noticed Peacock Suites is kind of hard for Wyndham owners to book. Perhaps
because it is priced so reasonably. I found a 6-night stay in a 2BR in November.
The weekend nights are 18,000 Wyndham points, and weeknights 11,000 points.

Most frugal owners pay around $6/1,000 points in Maintenance Fees, so those nights
are about $108 and $66, respectively.

I've had better luck with Wyndham points booking at Wyndham Anaheim, but even
so summer months may require booking at 10 months out or even 13 months out
if you own that resort or have access to advance booking through RARP.

The 2BR rate for November at Wyndham Anaheim looks to be 52,200 points for weekends
and 31,600 points for weeknights. (Thus about $313/$190 in MFs.) . I believe that
the reason it is so much more expensive is because it is a newer resort, and the MFs
on the recently built resorts are always higher.

Many here would advise you to *rent* your first couple of stays from another owner
before committing to ownership - and certainly *don't* pay retail for ownership.

Peacock Suites through Shell direct is just easier and cheaper than what Wyndham can do for you. Our daughter rents Wyndham points, and she rarely sees Peacock Suites available. Just buy what you want to use and don't buy extra. It's just not rentable for a big profit. I make less than 10% profit.

I just happened to think that I probably should start booking a bunch of units for the new grand opening of Galaxy's Edge. I would bet the hotels will be packed. I am not going to charge more than my 2 cent pp profit because I absolutely don't care about making money. I just want to get my MF's back.

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites is a Shell resort, managed by Wyndham. Shell points are absolutely free. I have no idea how Wyndham is handling sales, but I do know that Peacock Suites is a very inexpensive product to reserve with Shell points. My Shell points are right around .26 per point. The most expensive weeks to book at Peacock Suites are 2 bedrooms (better than the 3 bedrooms for layout), and they are 3,900 points in prime season, less in off-season times of year. So $.26 X 3,900 points + $17.50 for a transaction fee, and you have a reservation for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, prime season. One bedrooms with two queen beds or one king bed (plus sofa sleeper) are 2,550 points per week. Do the math, and you are talking .26 X 2,550, or about $663 + $17.50 transaction fee + $80 cleaning fee to Wyndham.

But it gets better. If you can go just Sun-Thur, your price during prime season, it is much less. I advertise my Peacock Suites one bedrooms for weekdays as starting price of $72, but I have often rented for less than $50 per night.

It's only 1,250 points for Sun-Thur, so five nights. The weekend nights are 650 points each night, Fri-Sat. So the weekend is the bulk of the cost of a week, and Disneyland is much busier during the weekend, so why go then?

The other resorts in the Shell system are not cheap to book. I think maybe the Scottsdale/Phoenix resorts might be inexpensive to book, have yet to do that, but Vino Bello is very expensive. While a 2 bedroom at Peacock is max of 3,900 points, a 2 bedroom at Vino Bello is 9,050 for prime season, 6,700 for low season. Do the math on that! Crazy. But the units are nice.

One bedrooms at Vino Bello for full weeks are 5,900 in high season, weeknights are less, 600-800 (M-W, 600, Th and Sun 800).
Studios at Vino Bello are 3,250 points in high season.

I would probably stay in a studio during silver season, weeknights only, and that would be reasonable, 1,300 points for five nights X .26 = $338 + $17.50 + $80 cleaning fee. That is pretty cheap. The weekend adds 1,000 more points. So another $260 for two more nights.

There are things with Shell that are annoying, and I can think of two right now that I do not like.

1) I have six housekeeping fees included per year. I never know when Shell will charge for those, so I tell my guests that they will absolutely have to pay the housekeeping fees at the end of their stays. I don't want to promise anyone that they will get it free, because I have no idea when it will be free.

2) The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and you cannot get any answers via phone calls. So for example, I have a guest who wanted 4/2-4/9, but I could only get 4/3-4/9 a couple of days ago, so I got it first thing in the morning. Then about 2 PM that same day, I saw a 4/2 for the same resort, same unit type, and I called Shell to add that night. "Nope, you will lose 20% of your points, if you cancel it now and re-book the 7 nights together." Really? You cannot add a night? Nope. So I said, "let's go ahead and book the additional night as a separate reservation." He booked it for me, and then I asked, "What about housekeeping?" He said my guest will be charged two HK fees, most likely. I asked, "What can I do to keep him from paying two fees?" He told me to call Peacock Suites and tell them this is all one reservation. I called the front desk, but Peacock Suites says the information not to charge the HK fee has to come from Shell. ARRGHH!

What to do? I don't know what I can do, but if I call Shell again, it's another $25 transaction fee (over the phone fee) to get him or her to do anything. The cleaning fee is $80. I may have to wait until I have another guest to call again. I will definitely pay the $25 over the $17.50 to book the next thing, just so I can maybe get someone to help me at Shell.

Mostly I like Shell. I just have no way out of my ownership that won't cost me a lot. I was going to try to sell my Shell points but found out that all of my future reservations would be cancelled, should I sell even a portion of my ownership.

The weeknights are very cheap to book. Disneyland is less busy weekdays, so it works okay for us. Sometimes, Rick and I stay at Peacock Suites for $20 per night because some times of year are just cheap to stay. The $80 cleaning fee almost doubles the cost for us. Still a great deal.

I rent for pretty close to my cost per point, just so I don't lose money each year. It's worked okay. It's work I do for very little money, so I do not recommend getting sucked into a large number of points because they are cheap. You just cannot rent timeshares for a good profit, not the Shell ones, anyway.
Thanks so much! Do you rent 2 bedrooms at Peacock?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I own a couple of Hilton Grand Vacation timeshares but is limited to 5 or 6 cities. Wyndham Extra Holidays - Disneyland - Peacock Suites for example - are $329 USD a night to rent. Any idea how much would cost me to get points to use and how many points would take per night? And where to buy the points for "pennies on the dollar" as I have read on here?

Look in TUG bargain sub- forum - under Buying - Selling - Renting
also see TUG marketplace

Wyndham Points are also regularly on ebay

I would suggest you read some of the TUG Wyndham Forum threads - so you understand
various. nuances .
CWA -points / CWP points / UDI points

At the 10 month booking window - points are points .
if you want lowest MF per point versus earlier home resort ARP
it is best to read & learn details before bidding or buying a specific Wyndham contract.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The most expensive weeks to book at Peacock Suites are 2 bedrooms (better than the 3 bedrooms for layout)

What is the layout of the 2 bedrooms like? We've only ever booked a 3 bedroom, since it's the same points cost as a 2 bedroom. The common area is very small though. We're going again in January and I'm about to book, so if there's a compelling reason why the 2 bedroom units are better I'd love to hear it!

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am just starting - I bought my Hilton 2 annual ones based on low yearly maintenance fees and have been able to book what I wanted - seems to be enough available. I did look at the classifieds - looks like points are almost free if take over the maintanence fees which look to be around 1/2 cent per point? And premium 2 bedroom looks to be 262,000 points so around $1,300 for a week - 1/2 of what costs if book at the hotel site BUT will have to see what can rent for off of the forum etc

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am just starting - I bought my Hilton 2 annual ones based on low yearly maintenance fees and have been able to book what I wanted - seems to be enough available. I did look at the classifieds - looks like points are almost free if take over the maintanence fees which look to be around 1/2 cent per point? And premium 2 bedroom looks to be 262,000 points so around $1,300 for a week - 1/2 of what costs if book at the hotel site BUT will have to see what can rent for off of the forum etc

1) Yes - Wyndham points can be had for almost free .
(Shell points as well are almost free / resale cost)

2) Wyndham charges a a $299 transfer fee - which is often paid by the buyer on a "free /$1 " purchase . Therefore it can make more sense to buy one 210 K point contract then 2 contracts of 105 K .

3) There a program fee on CWA ( Club Wyndham Access) & other contracts - with a minimum dollar charge .I believe the efficiency point is around 240 K point contracts or higher .

4) The point requirements per unit size / per season will not change , BUT your cost per point can vary ; depending on the contract bought .

5) Most of the free contracts will be at mid to high MF cost per point . THis likely won't matter much initially . BUT- the difference on a million points per year over 20 years can make it worthwhile to learn enough now - before owning . The $ 6 per thousand mentioned by Cindy is a good reference point .

Happy vacations

Last edited: