• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Eplus strategy

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I think as long as you are outside that 59- or 60-day window, you can extend it for one year. Also, I didn't have to pay for the replacement week, but of course I lose the fees paid on the week that I couldn't use.
Thank you.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had to do this. It works... best case scenario. I had used up my three ePlus trades. I was 62 days out, and got a cancellation replacement week, unrestricted. :banana:

I recently did something similar. I exchanged to outside 60 days, exhausted my free retrades, and I am not flex restricted for another full fee retrade.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this strategy work with an expiring week? Example, if my week expires in May, can I trade for a week in May then re-trade twice more to get an exchange through September? And if I cancel the 3rd week, will they give me a flex change replacement week good til the following September? Or would I have to pay to extend the week in addition?

I think as long as you are outside that 59- or 60-day window, you can extend it for one year. Also, I didn't have to pay for the replacement week, but of course I lose the fees paid on the week that I couldn't use.

No, you do not need to pay to extend the deposit. It would be pay to extend OR cancel and get the replacement, but both is a waste of money and unessesary. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure there is nothing place that validates the deposit expiration for an exchange cancellation replacement. The cancellation wipes out the previous deposit and replaces it with a 1 year replacement deposit.

E-plus also acts as a shell that temporarily removes the deposit expiration. The original deposit expiration only returns once the E-plus retrades are exhausted, but the final exchange remains and could be well past the original expiration.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
No, you do not need to pay to extend the deposit. It would be pay to extend OR cancel and get the replacement, but both is a waste of money and unessesary. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure there is nothing place that validates the deposit expiration for an exchange cancellation replacement. The cancellation wipes out the previous deposit and replaces it with a 1 year replacement deposit.

E-plus also acts as a shell that temporarily removes the deposit expiration. The original deposit expiration only returns once the E-plus retrades are exhausted, but the final exchange remains and could be well past the original expiration.
Thank you.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's another question. Having the non-restricted replacement week, can you add ePlus to it? I was looking at Hilton Head, many weeks available, but I wasn't planning on going there until after my replacement week expires.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's another question. Having the non-restricted replacement week, can you add ePlus to it? I was looking at Hilton Head, many weeks available, but I wasn't planning on going there until after my replacement week expires.

You can always add E-Plus to a replacement week because it is actually a brand new deposit in the system. The old goes away and it is replaced. This had been verified by myself and others.

Has it been confirmed that you can extend a replacement week expiration by adding E-plus? Originally you could not extend even with a regular deposit but after so many complaints about the false advertising they changed it to be the full year regardless. I am pretty sure this would apply to the replacement week as well but I do not want to give bad advice.

Keep in mind that even though we talk about "extending" expiration dates with E-Plus it is not a permanent extension. It only works while E-Plus is in play. When you exhaust E-Plus retrades it reverts to the original expiration.

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add my two cents about the benefits of the E-plus program. I reserved a two bedroom at Ocean Pointe for Oct. 1-8 with my lockoff one bedroom MGV, but was only able to get a studio at Ocean Pointe for Sept. 30-Oct. 7 with the studio part of my MGV. I got the E-plus for the studio. We went ahead and got plane tickets for Oct. 1-8. Later on, managed to do an E-plus trade for studio to a one bedroom, but still Sept. 30-Oct. 7. Just last week a two bedroom Oct. 1-8 appeared and I grabbed it! Well worth the extra money for the E-plus and the two upgrade fees! I should note that I checked every single day to see what was available.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had to do this. It works... best case scenario. I had used up my three ePlus trades. I was 62 days out, and got a cancellation replacement week, unrestricted. :banana:

Just an fyi on hopping forward to escape a flex restricted replacement week. We now know it works but if the original deposit is flex restricted it might not work because the deposit or exchange will stay flagged as flex restricted. An originating deposit that is not flex restricted looks different once E-Plus trades are exhausted because it no longer contains the flex restricted message.

Originally adding E-plus to a flex restricted deposit did not replace the restricted window with the new E-plus type flex restriction. Many people cried foul as the rules clearly went against what was advertised so they programmed the E-Plus restricted shell on top of the original deposit flex restriction. It is now possible to add E-Plus to a flex restricted deposit and hop forward. This makes E-Plus extremely valuable for flex restricted deposits.

It is still very possible that a rep will see that the cancelled exchange is further than 59 days out and issue a normal replacement deposit. This is a test that we are still waiting on.

Ambrosia920

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WGSM
Does this strategy work with an expiring week? Example, if my week expires in May, can I trade for a week in May then re-trade twice more to get an exchange through September? And if I cancel the 3rd week, will they give me a flex change replacement week good til the following September? Or would I have to pay to extend the week in addition?
Yep. Have used E-plus twice now to "salvage" weeks we were about to lose, then have used the E-plus cancellations to extend even further. No additional charges, no hassle. Well worth the E-plus purchase price.

Ambrosia920

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WGSM
Just wanted to add my two cents about the benefits of the E-plus program. I reserved a two bedroom at Ocean Pointe for Oct. 1-8 with my lockoff one bedroom MGV, but was only able to get a studio at Ocean Pointe for Sept. 30-Oct. 7 with the studio part of my MGV. I got the E-plus for the studio. We went ahead and got plane tickets for Oct. 1-8. Later on, managed to do an E-plus trade for studio to a one bedroom, but still Sept. 30-Oct. 7. Just last week a two bedroom Oct. 1-8 appeared and I grabbed it! Well worth the extra money for the E-plus and the two upgrade fees! I should note that I checked every single day to see what was available.
Yep. I have learned to keep watching for newly released inventory right up until you are about to travel, and then use the E-plus trading to upgrade to a better deal or nicer resort!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What works fantastic is upgrading a studio to a 2BR or 3BR with no upgrade fees. It isn't feasible some places and times but for a place like Orlando it works like a charm. You trade studio to studio early on and then sit tight until 59 days out and check every early morning for the free upgrades.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend has a current deposit which expires 5/9/19. She knows she cannot use the deposit by 5/2/19. Summer would be the first opportunity to use it.
If she makes a dummy trade now, the latest date she can get is check-in date of 5/2/19 (best case.)
Then e-plus1 would get her to check-in date of 6/30/19 (best case).

This is where I get confused. Will she be able to see exchanges as far as 6/30 if she does the e-plus right now, or should she wait to make the dummy trade and e-plus1 closer to 5/2/19 ?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My friend has a current deposit which expires 5/9/19. She knows she cannot use the deposit by 5/2/19. Summer would be the first opportunity to use it.
If she makes a dummy trade now, the latest date she can get is check-in date of 5/2/19 (best case.)
Then e-plus1 would get her to check-in date of 6/30/19 (best case).

This is where I get confused. Will she be able to see exchanges as far as 6/30 if she does the e-plus right now, or should she wait to make the dummy trade and e-plus1 closer to 5/2/19 ?
If she adds eplus she can do all of the retrades now, each one going another 59 days or so out. Waiting doesn't extend the dates at all, because with eplus it goes by the check in date that is current not by today;s date.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TSchwa2:
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate some advice please. Have perused this thread, but not sure how to apply it :)
In Oct 2018, I deposited a Feb 2019 week. I exchanged and then e-plus re-traded all 3 times. The final exchange is for May 25, 2019 and it turns out I will be unable to use it.
What options are available to me?
Sincere thanks for any help!

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think what would happen is that you can get a cancellation week. If you do this before the 30 day window (before April 25) I think you get the 59 day restriction on your cancellation week. If you wait less than 30 days (on or after April 25), you may be restricted to a 30 day reservation window. The cancellation week will be good for a year from the date of cancellation. you will have to pay a new fee when you do the exchange the cancellation week.
Alternatively, if you have an exchange in mind, you can retrade now (with payment of new exchange fee), but within the 59 days from May 25, 2019.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are out of retrades, you can only get a cancellation replacement or a full fee retrade. A cancellation replacement may be optimal since when you make your first exchange against that, you can again add EPlus to get three new retrades. However, you won't be able to get out very far because you are now restricted inside the flexchange window.

However, to perhaps get the most time out of it, would be to do a full fee retrade now for as far out as you can. As long as your new checkin is outside of the 59 day window, I THINK then that you can cancel and get a cancellation replacement that won't have a flexchange restriction. The only problem with this is that you have to end up paying two more exchange fees one for the retrade, then one when you make the trade with the cancellation replacement. I would however want to verify with someone who has more experience than me, such as @Saintsfanfl to confirm that this actually works as I explained it.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be careful with this, as you can't get a second cancellation replacement week from a cancellation replacement week. So the full fee retrade might count as the first cancellation replacement week.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why is there an issue? Oct 2018 is more than 59 days out from the check-in date of Feb 2019 so you are not subject to flextrade and can book a year out. What are you seeing?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Why is there an issue? Oct 2018 is more than 59 days out from the check-in date of Feb 2019 so you are not subject to flextrade and can book a year out. What are you seeing?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
The problem is that once you are within 59 days of checkin, you can only search for retrades within 59 days of the checkin date. Now that they are out of EPlus retrades, they might even be stuck with a retrade inside of 59 days from the current date and my plan mentioned above may not work since they won't be able to retrade outside of 59 days from current date.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is that once you are within 59 days of checkin, you can only search for retrades within 59 days of the checkin date. Now that they are out of EPlus retrades, they might even be stuck with a retrade inside of 59 days from the current date and my plan mentioned above may not work since they won't be able to retrade outside of 59 days from current date.
Thanks all. That’s pretty much how I thought it should work. However, I spoke to 2 reps who said that I had 2 options-give it away or use it by the end of June. Both used almost identical terminology. Sounds like I should make another call. Either there’s been a change in policy or they were both mis-informed.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks all. That’s pretty much how I thought it should work. However, I spoke to 2 reps who said that I had 2 options-give it away or use it by the end of June. Both used almost identical terminology. Sounds like I should make another call. Either there’s been a change in policy or they were both mis-informed.
You may want to reach out to Mark Delcampo, the TUG rep at II. Here is his email address: tugmembers@intervalintl.com and a link to the thread in the exchanging forum https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...s-direct-email-for-tug-member-support.198023/

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HappyMum:
Be ready to log in and have the dates of all your retrades handy. Mark will most likely call you as soon as he gets the email.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tschwa2:
update to my post #37 in this thread: My friend was able to make a dummy trade, then added e-plus and immediately retraded for a week in New Zealand in an area they planned to explore during their upcoming trip in June.

Last edited: