• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching photo files to posts

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
[Moved from Disney Aulani - loved it! (pictures) thread in the DVC forum.]

We had a 2 Br, Beautiful side view of the ocean, Ewa Tower Long Wing. I would love to upload, resized it, but still can't upload.:shrug: Any suggestions?? Thanks![/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
@lovetotravel77
Two suggestions:

Check the pixel size of your photo to make sure you are not exceeding the max width and height as seen below AND make sure the file you want to load is of one of the file types noted below. Most software and / or websites will allow you to specify the max pixel width and height while exporting photos.

ss 1.jpeg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
@lovetotravel77
Two suggestions:

Check the pixel size of your photo to make sure you are not exceeding the max width and height as seen below AND make sure the file you want to load is of one of the file types noted below. Most software and / or websites will allow you to specify the max pixel width and height while exporting photos.

View attachment 10554
Thank you, when I get some free moments I will try again. Does TUG have any restrictions on number of posts or anything like that BEFORE you can post a photo?:shrug: Thanks again! I tried again, jpg, resized it to 800 by 600. Strange, when I select upload file, still fails.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Thank you, when I get some free moments I will try again. Does TUG have any restrictions on number of posts or anything like that BEFORE you can post a photo?:shrug: Thanks again! I tried again, jpg, resized it to 800 by 600. Strange, when I select upload file, still fails.

TUG might indeed have some restriction as you mention - let's copy Brian and Doug to verify that question @TUGBrian @Makai Guy

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

In the meantime, another way to check this out would be to try and upload the same file that I am going to upload here.
In my daytime job, my students are currently working on a state project and we have visited the official website of each of the 50 United States.
Let's use the state of Wyoming for this example. Their official state website is http://www.wyo.gov
Under the About Wyoming header, there is a Facts and Symbols tab. Click that (or, here is the direct link: http://www.wyo.gov/about-wyoming/wyoming-facts-and-symbols )
Try downloading the Wyoming State Flag. (To download this image, point your mouse on top of the image, then right mouse click. One of the options you should then see will be Save Image (I am assuming you are a Windows user....). Save the image to your desktop (for easy later location and cleanup after you attempt to upload).
Then come back here and in a reply to this thread, see if you can upload that photo. It should look like this:

flag.jpg

Here is some more info on that file and a screen shot of where to find it - and yes, I am a Mac user!

ss 1.jpeg

ss 3.jpeg

At any rate, if you can upload a small file like this - one we know that works - then that would suggest something about the upload you are attempting still is not within TUG's allowable parameters.

Good luck on this!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Does TUG have any restrictions on number of posts or anything like that BEFORE you can post a photo?:shrug: Thanks again! I tried again, jpg, resized it to 800 by 600. Strange, when I select upload file, still fails.
Once you're a registered user of TUGBBS, there are no restrictions on attaching files based on length of registration or number of posts. See this post in the BBS Help section re adding images: http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/.248810/

If you still are having trouble, please capture the full text of any error message you receive and send it to us via either 1) a new reply to this thread, or 2) via the Contact BBS Admin link at the bottom of any TUGBBS page.

For future reference, answers to most of your BBS operational questions can be found via the yellow BBS Help link in the blue navigation bar near the top of all bbs pages. This link takes you to the "Bulletin Board Help" sticky thread in the About TUG BBS forum.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the forum will resize your photo to be displayed on your post...so the pixel size/width wont matter.

there is a size limitation for uploads, but if i recall its something very large like 5mb (and if your photo is bigger than that, you just need to shrink it as thats really...REALLY large for a photo)

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the forum will resize your photo to be displayed on your post...so the pixel size/width wont matter.

there is a size limitation for uploads, but if i recall its something very large like 5mb (and if your photo is bigger than that, you just need to shrink it as thats really...REALLY large for a photo)
The maximum file size accepted is shown on the upload dialog, as shown on bbodb1's attachment, back a few posts:
View attachment 10554
We're currently set to accept up to a ridiculously large number, 50,000 KB. At 1024 KB/MB, that comes to 48.8 MB as shown.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok yea...49megs...if your pic is bigger than that we really need you to shrink it =)

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
In the meantime, another way to check this out would be to try and upload the same file that I am going to upload here.
In my daytime job, my students are currently working on a state project and we have visited the official website of each of the 50 United States.
Let's use the state of Wyoming for this example. Their official state website is http://www.wyo.gov
Under the About Wyoming header, there is a Facts and Symbols tab. Click that (or, here is the direct link: http://www.wyo.gov/about-wyoming/wyoming-facts-and-symbols )
Try downloading the Wyoming State Flag. (To download this image, point your mouse on top of the image, then right mouse click. One of the options you should then see will be Save Image (I am assuming you are a Windows user....). Save the image to your desktop (for easy later location and cleanup after you attempt to upload).
Then come back here and in a reply to this thread, see if you can upload that photo. It should look like this:

View attachment 10662
...or charge admission???? o_O

Here is some more info on that file and a screen shot of where to find it - and yes, I am a Mac user!

View attachment 10663

View attachment 10664

At any rate, if you can upload a small file like this - one we know that works - then that would suggest something about the upload you are attempting still is not within TUG's allowable parameters.

Good luck on this!

View attachment 10662

View attachment 10663

View attachment 10664

Good luck on this!
Thank you, you have provided very specific instructions. Even with uploading "the Wyoming Flag", which the dimensions are 199 by 127, JPG File Size, 10.9 KB, the same error message keeps coming up, "there was a problem uploading your file". Additionally, I resized other photos, 800 by 600 JPG, and all of them when uploading a file(at the bottom of this reply(first one says post reply, then upload a file, then more options, I am clicking on upload a file) still give me the same message, "there was a problem uploading your file", UUGH!:eek:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Animal Kingdom
Thank you to Makai guy and TugBrian for your replies. Please see above message.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
email the photo to tug@tug2.net and ill take a look at it for you.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Try uploading now. I've turned off the "flash uploader" which calls your operating system's file choosing routine. This has been reported to fix similar problems on other Xenforo (our bbs software) installations. I've done a couple of test uploads and this seems to work okay. The downside is that one cannot select multiple files to upload together, but must repeat the operation for each file.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Makai Guy - did you ever hear if your change solved the problem?
Just curious.....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I never got an email of the photo to look at or try.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Makai Guy - did you ever hear if your change solved the problem?
Just curious.....
Nope. But since I've never seen the problem myself, I'd have to hear from lovetotravel77 who WAS having the problem.

But perhaps more importantly, I haven't heard from anyone having new problems since we made the change.