• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Understanding strategies for HRC?

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
I saw the Hyatt Ka’anapali offer and wanted to understand a bit more about the Hyatt program and how it compares to Vistana. In particular during the HRPP are you able to book at properties other than your own? If so , how does this work since you don’t enter the club period until 6 months after the Ownership week starts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I saw the Hyatt Ka’anapali offer and wanted to understand a bit more about the Hyatt program and how it compares to Vistana. In particular during the HRPP are you able to book at properties other than your own? If so , how does this work since you don’t enter the club period until 6 months after the Ownership week starts?

We own both. Hyatt is a better value as far as exchanging in II. It is fairly easy to exchange within Hyatt except for resorts such as Northstar and Siesta Key which have fewer units. Hyatt has more fees than Vistana reservation fees, split week fees and cancellation fees but if we were to buy a 4th week we would pick up another Hyatt because it goes further when exchanging. But who knows how this will change when Marriott decides how to mix it up

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland

To add on to my post we typically find units to exchange internally at 6 months out. There is also a wait list which works quite well. You can get on it before your points come through though your request wont be filled until you have your points and have paid your MFs

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score

During HRPP you are able to give up your deeded week and make the HRPP points CUP. If your MF’s are paid you are able to do this easily on line.

My deeded weeks are 26 and 29 and I have to call in to pay my fees so I can book units internally at the beginning of HRPP period.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
During HRPP you are able to give up your deeded week and make the HRPP points CUP. If your MF’s are paid you are able to do this easily on line.

My deeded weeks are 26 and 29 and I have to call in to pay my fees so I can book units internally at the beginning of HRPP period.

OK, so you can try and book a unit at another HRC property 12-6 months out, but if you do so, you lose your ability to take your specified/owned week with any guarantee. Is that right?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, so you can try and book a unit at another HRC property 12-6 months out, but if you do so, you lose your ability to take your specified/owned week with any guarantee. Is that right?

Yes during HRPP you can book another HRC property. Once you book you lose the right to use your deeded week and any leftovers become CUP points.

While you are looking you still have your week in HRPP if that is what you want.

There are other nuances such as you may book your deeded week as a split week using the midweek days and using the points from a part of your week. If you own a two bedroom lock off you can book the studio and use the leftover points to book other HRC properties. So there are many different things you can do depending on your deeded unit and points available.

My preference is to never let points go to LCUP. It is too restrictive to use the points last minute. I prefer to transfer them to EEE to use in Interval International.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes during HRPP you can book another HRC property. Once you book you lose the right to use your deeded week and any leftovers become CUP points.

While you are looking you still have your week in HRPP if that is what you want.

There are other nuances such as you may book your deeded week as a split week using the midweek days and using the points from a part of your week. If you own a two bedroom lock off you can book the studio and use the leftover points to book other HRC properties. So there are many different things you can do depending on your deeded unit and points available.

My preference is to never let points go to LCUP. It is too restrictive to use the points last minute. I prefer to transfer them to EEE to use in Interval International.

What is EEE?