• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Kaua'i Beach Club

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Aloha! In a few short weeks, we're checking in for 8 nights at the Kaua'i Beach Club. I booked as a hotel guest (was looking to book a Air+Hotel package at Kauai Marriott, and saw that I could upgrade to a one bedroom OF villa at KBC for $100/nt, so ... yes of course!)

We're Vistana owners also - WKORV, Sheraton Flex and SVV. Looking forward to the merger with MVC and whatever that brings. We've really enjoyed Marriott hotels since the buy/merge with Starwood. We stayed at the Westin Princeville two years ago, and of course, fell in love with Kauai. So we're coming back as part of our grand ten year anniversary gala. We grabbed lunch at Duke's after a scuba trip and toured the resort while walking off the Hula pie, and decided that it was tops on our list for a return visit.

So, what are the favorite activities there among you all? We will definitely repeat a Napali sunset cruise with Captain Andy. And the north coast beach tour, via Shaka Guide, with a stop at the Dolphin Fish Market and Sushi Bar. We enjoy exploring the sights and wonders of Hawaii - and good food. Is there a place to rent beach and snorkel gear? How is the snorkeling at this beach?

Are there laundry facilities in the villas? Or at least on site? Our stay will be nights 9 through 17 of our 23 night, 3 island adventure, and we'll need to do some wash during that time. Are hotel bookings given daily housekeeping in the villas - are personal amenities refreshed daily? The kitchenettes don't appear to be true kitchenettes, correct? Just a microwave, mini-fridge and a sink - so no way to really cook a meal? What's a favorite, nearby grocery store where we can grab sandwich fixings and snacks?

What other questions should I be asking?

TIA!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Aloha! In a few short weeks, we're checking in for 8 nights at the Kaua'i Beach Club. I booked as a hotel guest (was looking to book a Air+Hotel package at Kauai Marriott, and saw that I could upgrade to a one bedroom OF villa at KBC for $100/nt, so ... yes of course!)

We're Vistana owners also - WKORV, Sheraton Flex and SVV. Looking forward to the merger with MVC and whatever that brings. We've really enjoyed Marriott hotels since the buy/merge with Starwood. We stayed at the Westin Princeville two years ago, and of course, fell in love with Kauai. So we're coming back as part of our grand ten year anniversary gala. We grabbed lunch at Duke's after a scuba trip and toured the resort while walking off the Hula pie, and decided that it was tops on our list for a return visit.

So, what are the favorite activities there among you all? We will definitely repeat a Napali sunset cruise with Captain Andy. And the north coast beach tour, via Shaka Guide, with a stop at the Dolphin Fish Market and Sushi Bar. We enjoy exploring the sights and wonders of Hawaii - and good food. Is there a place to rent beach and snorkel gear? How is the snorkeling at this beach?

Are there laundry facilities in the villas? Or at least on site? Our stay will be nights 9 through 17 of our 23 night, 3 island adventure, and we'll need to do some wash during that time. Are hotel bookings given daily housekeeping in the villas - are personal amenities refreshed daily? The kitchenettes don't appear to be true kitchenettes, correct? Just a microwave, mini-fridge and a sink - so no way to really cook a meal? What's a favorite, nearby grocery store where we can grab sandwich fixings and snacks?
TIA!

Shoot for the TOP FLOOR (call now!!!) just behind the big pool------overlooking the gorgeous pool, beach, & mountains
out over the cove....if you're lucky enough to get that, you'll wake up each morning to the prettiest view you
will ever see.

1. Allerton Garden (National Tropical Botanical Garden).....amazing tour, and after you see it
you'll know why I recommended it.....
My wife said, "A Botanical Garden Tour, are you kidding? what a waste while we're in Hawaii!".
Well, afterward, she had to eat her words, and began singing its praises, and it was definitely a highlight.
Too many cool things you'll see! Our teen kids (at the time) loved it too.
Jurassic Park I & II were filmed there on the grounds, and you'll see why. A must-do!

https://ntbg.org/gardens/allerton

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...67079-Allerton_Garden-Poipu_Kauai_Hawaii.html

2. Ke'e Beach ....a small but famous beach on the north shore just past Princeville----totally worth it.
13 Hollywood movies have been filmed on Kaua'i, and several were in the area of Ke'e Beach....
South Pacific was, and so was the final scene, ie, the last 30 seconds, of the thriller movie "Body Heat".

I actually recognized the view right away, screamed "I've been there!!!", and did a rewind several times because it was so cool.
That was two nights ago while watching the movie. Amazing view of the 2-3 mountain peaks that BEGIN
the Napali peaks on the northern-most end.
I then went to GoogleMaps and looked at the same view, and it was EXACTLY there.
I had to dig online to find the credits given to that filming location for the movie, but I did confirm it.
Once you take the Napali Coast Boat tour, you'll also forever recognize it, and then you'll always crane your neck
to try to peek around the mountains in the scene, altho you can't.
Check this out:
(and btw, what a movie!!!!!)

3. Napali Coast Boat Tour....yes, already doing it? Great, it's amazing. We used the same tour company and loved it.

4. Ride up to Princeville and walk around the Princeville Resort Kaua'i to see the incredible views off the cliffs,
looking out to sea and also looking down on the famous Hanalei Bay..... As beautiful a vista as you'll see in Hawaii.
https://goo.gl/maps/tJCUoBdEQzC2

5. An authentic Luau...not sure of the companies now, but we did Smith's and liked it.

6. Eat at Duke's, upstairs (2nd floor for that view and that restaurant)....
a short 5-6 minute walk down the beach from KBC along the sidewalk.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The road just past Hanalei is still closed so I don’t think you can get to Ke’e Beach. I don’t think the road was opening anytime soon either.

Tahiya

TUG Member
Reaction score

TIA!
Although I'm not a birder, I enjoy the Kilauea Lighthouse, which has views of a number of large bird species, including albatross. They're fun to watch landing; very clumsy.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Shoot for the TOP FLOOR (call now!!!) just behind the big pool------overlooking the gorgeous pool, beach, & mountains
out over the cove....if you're lucky enough to get that, you'll wake up each morning to the prettiest view you
will ever see.

What you want is a unit on a high floor in the Kilohana building; the building is all OF and largely one bedroom units. Anything on the 8th floor or higher has the same view -- which is spectacular (I've stayed in those units a half dozen times; the building is about 12 floors total).

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
What you want is a unit in the Kilohana building; the building is all OF and largely one bedroom units. Anything on the 8th floor or higher has the same view -- which is spectacular (I've stayed in those units a half dozen times; the building is about 12 floors total).
We stayed in this building once and the view was really nice and almost looked like a postcard. I know that the units have been refurbished since then so will look different now.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-mZt2L

I just looked up the album and we stayed on the 7th floor and that view was excellent too. When we looked down, we saw the roof garden of the building in front of it that wasn't as high as ours.

On top of that, we could see how busy the restaurant was upstairs and it thinned out later at night so we walked right over. The salad bar was very good but it was buffet style. The dinners were served a la carte and we enjoyed the service. I normally try to avoid buffets but the salad was exactly what we both wanted.

I hope that this is posted properly and the link of the photo album shows OK too.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
What you want is a unit in the Kilohana building; the building is all OF and largely one bedroom units. Anything on the 8th floor or higher has the same view -- which is spectacular (I've stayed in those units a half dozen times; the building is about 12 floors total).

Thanks, I see now that he originally thought he would do the hotel, but upgraded to a 1BR villa....and you're right.
Sometimes I read too fast. It is a fantastic view from up high, tho. Appreciate the correction.

I thought about upgrading too, but the deal using Rewards Points back then was just too sweet to pass up, especially when we wanted to stay 10 nights, and the hotel room was fine.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
First Congratulations. This is Patti's favorite Island. Do not know what you like to do. Down south you have Waimea Canyon. To do this properly is about a day. Take a picnic lunch. Drive to the top. Resist the turn outs. Drive as far as you can and then hike past the top parking a bit. There are several View Points up there. Have your picnic lunch in the Park at the top. Then stop at all or most of the View Points on your way down. There is the Kauai Coffee Planation. There is zip lining in Koloa. There is an inner tube float down the old sugar cane canals in Lihue. There is Poipu Beach. There is the Alakai Swamp Trail. There are Cruises out of Hanalei Bay to the Napali Cliffs and snorkeling. There is the Spouting Horn. There is the Mala'ulepu Trail that starts on the top of the Cliffs just north of Shipwreck Beach. There is the Makauwahi Cave. Almost forgot about the light house - a National Park. Also a bird nesting area. Luau: some of the large Hotels have Luau. The two I would recommend are Kilohana just outside of Lihue or Smith Family by Kapa'a. Kilohana has the more traditional entertainment telling the Polynesian story through song and dance. Smith Family has greater diversity to honor the many people that have emigrated to the Islands. Remember Poi is not a dish by itself but to dip your Pork. There is Anini Beach. The town of Hanalei. The beach at Hanalei. The Road to Ke'e Beach (end of road) is not open. There were major storms last April that caused a lot of damage on the north shore. Kayaking up the Wailua River to the Fern Grotto and Secret Falls. It is about a mile hike to the falls. Sometimes the trail is very muddy. In Lihue there is a Costco. Cheapest gas on the Island by a lot. Great Fish Tacos at the Food Truck by Hanalei Pier. Some of the best Chili Pepper Chicken is at the Chevron Station in Priceville. Best Loco Moco is at the Food Shack on the side of the Sueoka Market in Koloa. Other thing to see Queens Bath.

Places to snorkle Hideaways Beach (hike down cliff/steep hill take all supplies for day) Poipu Beach, Lawai Beach, Anini Beach, Koloa Landing into Hanakaape Bay, etc.

Get a copy of Kauai Revealed.

Last edited:

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
is there an onsite parking fee for KBC for exchangers?

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
I never want to leave!
e922be951d3789769ce39e501eea30f3.jpg

Last edited:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I never want to leave!
e922be951d3789769ce39e501eea30f3.jpg

Great photo. While I love the views from Maui Ocean Club, and Ko Olina Beach Club.....the view from Kauai Beach Club I think still remains the best postcard view of all! Love it.

Suggest you post in the View from the Balcony thread.