• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help me to price my timeshare.

ivysun99

TUG Member
Reaction score
not sure if this is allowed. Pls delete if not. I honestly try to get an opinion on how much I can get my timeshare for.

I have liki tiki 2 bedroom week for July 4th (paid 13k). The week can be converted to points. I paid for 2018 but saved the points. I also have 2 weeks banked with interval international that will expire this summer. 2019 maintenance fee is due soon I think. Thanks for any advice.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
not sure if this is allowed. Pls delete if not. I honestly try to get an opinion on how much I can get my timeshare for.

I have liki tiki 2 bedroom week for July 4th (paid 13k). The week can be converted to points. I paid for 2018 but saved the points. I also have 2 weeks banked with interval international that will expire this summer. 2019 maintenance fee is due soon I think. Thanks for any advice.

Not sure - probably $ 0 -if you are trying to sell .

Most timeshares "value " is in use / whether that be at the resort owned or by using to exchange .

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few sold on ebay for .01 cents plus a $300 bonus, so you have to pay someone to take it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
$0 or pay someone who will take it from you.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking a bit closer at the ebay listings, you'll have to make sure the maintenance fee are paid up, pay all the transfer fees and closing costs, and add a cash bonus.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Have you stayed there yet? Have you used RCI ? Before you give it away see if you can get some use out of it since you paid $13,000.
Good Luck!
Silentg

ivysun99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice!! I was expecting at least a few thousand, definitely surprised I will probably have to pay to get rid of it. But I haven’t play the timeshare game for a long long time so have no idea.

It is sad that the same company is still selling units to new clients for a high price. Why is that?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Most people don't know about cheap resales. Their first introduction to timesharing is when they are on vacation and are talked into a sales presentation for some kind of a prize or incentive. Then they spend 4 hours with a fast talking sales person, and BOOM - they own a timeshare!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice!! I was expecting at least a few thousand, definitely surprised I will probably have to pay to get rid of it. But I haven’t play the timeshare game for a long long time so have no idea.

It is sad that the same company is still selling units to new clients for a high price. Why is that?

Think back when you bought your timeshare. It wasn't "worth" any more than it is now, but you still paid thousands.

You probably didn't know you could get it free, and neither do the people buying today.

I don't know your timeshare system, but some will deed back a paid-for unit, so you could see if they have some kind of program like that.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, you could have sold it for something. But the bottom dropped out of the timeshare resale market. Now, the vast majority of timeshares must be given away.

Your first call should be to the resort's management company to see if they will take it back. I just went to the website and saw that it is now a Diamond resort. Diamond was taking their units back. Here is the thread with all the info:
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...resorts-timeshare.224859/page-26#post-1926019

----
Only if the Diamond take-back doesn't work:
You know what you'll get on ebay, so only sell there if you are in a hurry to get rid of it.

You may get more (i.e. still give away, but not have to pay the bonus) if you advertise on your neighborhood forum "Nextdoor" or Craigslist, or a Facebook page for that resort. Since you have a holiday week, perhaps it converts to more points than a non-hoilday week? That could be used as a plus when marketing.

Last edited: