• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Value of your Worldmark points.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in what you pay for maintenance fees per worldmark point? I know that more points would mean higher mfs. With Wyndham I found that different resorts charge different maintenance fees. How does it work with Worldmark? or is there no difference.....a point costs the same across the board?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark does not operate under a “home resort” concept. You do not own real property deeded at a resort like most timeshares, including Wyndham

Rather you are a member of a club that owns the properties. And your membership entitled you to the use of those properties

So maintenance fees are assessed according to the same formula for all members

As a side note. While of course the more “use” you own, the more you pay; the more you own the less you pay per credit. That’s because every account is assessed a certain base fee. No matter the size and then every credit is assessed the same maintenance fee

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Since WM credits are the same across all owners, the fees you pay are based on how much you own. I thought higher credit accounts were discounted, compared to lower accounts? Am I mistaken? My 12K account cost for 2019 is about 8 cents per credit. Is that what everyone is paying?

Dave

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I
Since WM credits are the same across all owners, the fees you pay are based on how much you own. Higher credit accounts are discounted, compared to lower accounts. My 12K account cost fior 2019 is about .08 per credit.

Dave
Its not really a discount

Every owner pays the same per credit charge and the same per account charge

It seems like a discount because of that account charge, it’s the same for a 6000 credit account and a 100,000 credit account

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I

Its not really a discount

Every owner pays the same per credit charge and the same per account charge

It seems like a discount because of that account charge, it’s the same for a 6000 credit account and a 100,000 credit account

I edited my post to make more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Dave

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
As your annual allotment credit amount goes higher MF per credit goes down slightly. Really small accounts get dinged the highest MF per credit. It’s also wise to make sure your account size is close to the end of that MF credit bracket. I originally had a 21K account but that had me just a few credits to the next bracket. I later added 6K to that account to drop my fees on the 6K account and put my new 27K account at almost the end of that credit bracket to get the most efficient MF.

Below is MF chart for 2019: You can see 2018 cost and 2019 cost. I only posted amounts up to 135K size accounts.

B96BE7B1-0A6C-4F49-B064-AA145FA66A73.jpeg

Also if anyone is interested I do have a 12K WM account for sell on WMOwners under same user I’d as tug. Trying to par down my WM and Wyndham holdings to offset my added MF for two Hyatt’s I recently purchased.

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
As your annual allotment credit amount goes higher MF per credit goes down slightly. Really small accounts get dinged the highest MF per credit. It’s also wise to make sure your account size is close to the end of that MF credit bracket. I originally had a 21K account but that had me just a few credits to the next bracket. I later added 6K to that account to drop my fees on the 6K account and put my new 27K account at almost the end of that credit bracket to get the most efficient MF.

Below is MF chart for 2019: You can see 2018 cost and 2019 cost. I only posted amounts up to 135K size accounts.

View attachment 10255
Also if anyone is interested I do have a 12K WM account for sell on WMOwners under same user I’d as tug. Trying to par down my WM and Wyndham holdings to offset my added MF for two Hyatt’s I recently purchased.
What is the column to the left - is that more charges on unused points or ? and you are selling some points?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
What is the column to the left - is that more charges on unused points or ? and you are selling some points?
If your asking about Monthly impact fee. I have no idea what that is - they have never billed me for it on any accounts.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think the Monthly Impact fee is the difference between Last Year MF and This Year MF, divided by 12. Ergo, the "monthly impact" of the new MF.

Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I think the Monthly Impact fee is the difference between Last Year MF and This Year MF, divided by 12. Ergo, the "monthly impact" of the new MF.

Dave

This is correct.

NotNew

Reaction score

View attachment 10255

I found the credit charts to be more helpful when planning and trying to navigate the points. Not sure where else this is available, but this is the one I always use:

https://www.sellingtimeshares.net/resorts/worldmark-by-wyndham/point-charts/

This also shows you the relative value of points related to locations you might want to stay.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I found the credit charts to be more helpful when planning and trying to navigate the points. Not sure where else this is available, but this is the one I always use:

https://www.sellingtimeshares.net/resorts/worldmark-by-wyndham/point-charts/

This also shows you the relative value of points related to locations you might want to stay.
I see no value reading point charts from a 3rd party, which must be updated annually for changes, versus the official resort page for each property directly from the Worldmark website?? Link: http://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts

NotNew

Reaction score
Its just all in one place rather than having to bounce around. Personal preference.

This was simply for quick comparison shop. You dont have to select n scroll, scroll, scroll.