• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club Waikoloa Closing

Brian_F

Reaction score
Want to ask if anyone has experience how long closing should take. I bought an EOY on eBay from a seller that I researched on here and saw nothing but good stuff, they have over a thousand positives on eBay so not worried about that. The only thing I wonder about is the seller told me the resort ( not HGVC) has ROFR and it could take 30 days. He initially told me I would get a closing pack within a week after I signed the contract. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
What is the resort and who is the seller? I just purchased Bay Club but the contract took an incredible amount of time to close. About 90 days and I think that is the upper end. It is usually 60-90 days.

Brian_F

Reaction score
What is the resort and who is the seller? I just purchased Bay Club but the contract took an incredible amount of time to close. About 90 days and I think that is the upper end. It is usually 60-90 days.

It’s Bay Club and seller is T Ochoa (no concerns, they have been very responsive). I really was just surprised by ROFR. They said it was a formality and it would pass but I just thought it did not exist at Bay Club. It’s been a couple weeks so I guess if 60 days is common I’m fine.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Even though Bay Club does not have rofr it still has to be submitted to HGVC to verify and provide an estoppel.

If you get it completed in 45-60 days consider it normal and be happy. I purchased a Bay Club on eBay for $50 back in 2008, it took about 60 days.

The broker sometimes are the hold up, they have so many units juggling in auctions. I’ve had an eBay purchase take 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brian_F

Reaction score
Okay, mine was $99. I asked for the estoppel and they told me it would take 30 days so HGVC being a delay makes sense now. The contract had language that protected in case anything was not as presented so I went ahead w/o estoppel.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
It’s Bay Club and seller is T Ochoa (no concerns, they have been very responsive). I really was just surprised by ROFR. They said it was a formality and it would pass but I just thought it did not exist at Bay Club. It’s been a couple weeks so I guess if 60 days is common I’m fine.

My Flamingo purchase (no ROFR) went to HGVC and we were supplied with a letter stating that ROFR was not exercised. I think they put that out there hoping to maintain the illusion that there is ROFR.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Ochoas generally come through althiugh you should stay on top of them due to their volume. Squeeky wheel and all. You should be fine,

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons

I do not know anything about the Ochoas but I had a good experience with Diane Nadeau who was on top of it and she walked me through the contract. My hold up was the sellers had taken title in an unusual manner and getting all parties to sign off took a bit. My contract was also submitted for ROFR and it passed but it added a few weeks.