• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interested in purchasing at Sheraton Vistana Orlando Resort

goofygal531

Reaction score
Hello,

My family and I have been looking into purchasing a timeshare for years now. Our friends recently have purchased into Sheraton Vistana Orlando Resort and are very happy there. We like the resort and would like the most affordable way in but I’m not familiar with how it works. Our friends are older and just purchased thru the resort, we’d prefer a resale with options into other resorts. We also need flexible weeks. We’d prefer to purchase a 2bedroom for 2weeks.

Is Sheraton Vistana fixed or flex week? Do they use points? They are with RCI, correct?

Any guidance or direction would be appreciated.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for SVR, you can probably buy a unit for $1 or even free if you're patient. The ongoing maintenance fees (>$1000 yearly) are the thing that bites, and many people are looking to get out from under them after they've already spent 10-15 years vacationing in Orlando.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
If you are looking for SVR, you can probably buy a unit for $1 or even free if you're patient. The ongoing maintenance fees (>$1000 yearly) are the thing that bites, and many people are looking to get out from under them after they've already spent 10-15 years vacationing in Orlando.

While this is true, the most important issue is as vacationtime1 stated. To the OP, if you purchase the $1 timeshare, one day you will be in the same situation trying to rid your self of it for free or even having to pay someone to take it. The Bella and Key West sections are sold on the resale market WITH staroptions (meaning they have more value)!

rayreavis

Reaction score
Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I am wondering if the people who own in Orlando and are tired of spending time there couldn't get good exchanges? I have heard there is a lot of inventory in Orlando, is that what makes it difficult?

I'm looking at a 2 BR lockout at vistana myself. I can see myself going there every year (or most every year) for the next 6 or 7 years at least . However I'd like to know that I'd be able to exchange for something on occasion.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
"The most flexible of the Sheraton Orlando resorts would be Sheraton Vistana Villages -- but only the Bella and Key West sections.

But start here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-to-timesharing-or-starwood-start-here.63224/ " Advice from Vacationtime still applies. You want to make sure you purchase a mandatory section like Bella or Key West, because they come with Staroptions. With Staroptions you can trade within the Vistana System 8 months out. Check out all the available locations within Vistana to see if there any you would consider visiting. I have traded into Harborside, Nassau Bahamas at least 3 times now and also Sheraton Broadway Plantation in Myrtle Beach, a dozen times. The problem with any timeshare located in Orlando, is that the trading power is less than desirable in RCI or II because there are too many of them, supply exceeds demand and thus the low trading power. I have owned Vistana timeshares for over 12 years now and have never traded into RCI or II, Myrtle Beach, Atlantis and Orlando have suited my family needs, all within the Vistana Vacation System.
Let me add a few things you need to know, make sure whoever you buy it from states, 2 bedroom lockoff, annual--every year, prime season and comes with 95,700 star options, I am giving you a link, to the entire Vistana Network Staroptions chart, so you can see, where you can trade into and how many points it will take to get there, good luck!!!!

http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/assets/pdf/charts/staroptions_value_chart.pdf

Last edited:

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
Can you use the Staroptions to book a stay in Hawaii 8 months out?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Can you use the Staroptions to book a stay in Hawaii 8 months out?

Yes. That is one of the program's strengths. Hawaii reservations are difficult to get for the summer or school vacations at the eight month mark, but low season is readily available.