• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Playa Del Sol San Jose Del Cabo a Bel Air Resort now?

Reaction score
Hello, I have enjoyed reading the forums but have not posted before.

Looking for info on Playa Del Sol San Jose Del Cabo timeshare purchased in 2007 and if it is still useable.
I found a post relating to Play Del Sol timeshares in Neuvo Vallarta being part of Bel Air Collections (?) but nothing specific to the original Playa Del Sol San Jose Del Cabo. In searching the internet it looks like these properties are now Bel Air properties and the one in San Jose Del Cabo is now called Bel Air Cabos? Looking for confirmation one way or the other.
Some History: Daughter and Son-in-law whose father passed away just found a package/contract for 2 weeks studio at Playa Del Sol San Jose Del Cabo. Have not found much other info. Saw that Mtce fees were only due if used. Not sure if it has been used recently.
Have also seen some stuff on the internet about issues with fraud, etc from other Play Del Sol timeshares (Vallarta) but not much on Bel Air.
So, wondering if this is still useable and any other info someone may have about this timeshare.

Thanks in advance.
Bob

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Reaction score
Thanks the Bill, I have stayed at Coral Baja before so know the general area a little.

I see on Google maps where it shows both the Bel Air and the Reflect Krystal Grand, so I guess I need to contact them and see what the process is and how the 2 properties may be linked, or if they re the same.

If anyone has any experience with these properties would appreciate any comments.

Bob

Cabo4me!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cabo Villas and Hacienda Encantada
Thanks the Bill, I have stayed at Coral Baja before so know the general area a little.

I see on Google maps where it shows both the Bel Air and the Reflect Krystal Grand, so I guess I need to contact them and see what the process is and how the 2 properties may be linked, or if they re the same.

If anyone has any experience with these properties would appreciate any comments.

Bob
In 2007 I bought a timeshare week in a "to be built" two bedroom unit in Nuevo Vallarta from Playa del Sol. They never built those units and so I filed a complaint with Profeco (Mexican Govt agency that helps with timeshare fraud). They set up quarterly meetings with the resort representatives only to inform me that they did not show up and so a new meeting was scheduled the next quarter. This went on for about three years. Finally, the resort representative showed up and agreed to repay the $16K we had paid. This was supposed to be paid back within three months. It never happened. By then Playa del Sol had become Bel Air and Bel Air claimed to know nothing about the agreement. I finally took the initiative to call the last remaining Playa del Sol Resort Costa Sur. I spoke with someone in their legal department who said they would honor a $12K reimbursement to be made in periodic payments. It took until 2016 but I finally did receive the entire $12K not the $16K originally agreed upon through Profeco. I wish I could tell you that the Bel Air resorts are more reputable but I never stayed in a Bel Air owned resort and hope that they will honor the contract you referenced, if that is what is desired.

Reaction score
So sorry to hear. But glad you got something back! I believe that the father used the Los Cabos property several times, but don't know if he used it after it became Bel Air. Not even thinking that they will get anything but hopefully the use properties as shown in the contract he had with Play Del Sol. Hoping it got passed on down through the procurement process.