• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui and a Molokai Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
image.jpg

Beautiful sunny morning. Perfect day to enjoy the lanai and soak up some sun.

We did quite a few small projects yesterday. Today we will go in and talk to the property manager and check out the furniture store. My wife says new couch and chair so we’ll see what they have.

Probably some lunch in Kaunakakai and a stop at the tattoo shop. Probably steaks on the grill tonight. I’ll post more pictures tonight.

Reactions: Xan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We stopped at the property Manager today. We let her know what we’ve been doing and what we brought. We did tell her we want to go ahead and put in a new Lanai door and a new window next to it. The one we have is original. It still functions fine but a new one will be easier for my wife to operate.

No luck on a sofa and chair yet. We never made it to the store. I stopped by Young Brothers and picked up our two totes from Kauai. Only $56 to ship them. I was very happy with that and my wife is thrilled to have all our things here. I was happy that I was able to fit them both in the car. We have a four door Yaris. :)

Then we went to Righteous Tattoo for a couple hours. Awesome guy so we made a new friend. After that I was hungry so we just stopped at Molokai Burger. First time I was there. Good burgers and they have a pretty good menu so more than just burgers.

After that I took my wife east past WaveCrest. Here’s a short video. Sun was out nice today but it was a little windy.

Opps, I have to load the video first it will take me a minute. :)

Here we go.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
The fish is perfect there.

barefootnAR

Reaction score
Can't believe your week is over and you guys are enjoying the new condo on Molokai.Have fun in your new digs. Sorry our paths didn't cross. MY 25 yr old niece had me on the go..Haleakala, Hana, Helicopter, Lanai and many eats and lots of hikes. Did you get a unit map of the complex so you will know which two BR fits best for ya'll. Only the Third floor of the B building has the loft Masters. I even chose to stay down stairs and my guest went upstairs. Those are rather steep stairs.
The fish was amazing.. she did an expert job.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can't believe your week is over and you guys are enjoying the new condo on Molokai.Have fun in your new digs. Sorry our paths didn't cross. MY 25 yr old niece had me on the go..Haleakala, Hana, Helicopter, Lanai and many eats and lots of hikes. Did you get a unit map of the complex so you will know which two BR fits best for ya'll. Only the Third floor of the B building has the loft Masters. I even chose to stay down stairs and my guest went upstairs. Those are rather steep stairs.
The fish was amazing.. she did an expert job.

I’m sorry too. I stopped over and knocked a couple times but figured you were out and about. We’ll be back and hope to meet then. No, I didn’t get a unit map, I wish I had. We did the same as you. Our guest stayed upstairs. It was easier for them than my wife so it worked fine.

We took it easy so the week was nice. We’re even doing less here. If that’s possible. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
38250B6E-744A-4822-9D32-59EB7751DF6F.jpeg

It’s a little overcast this morning, can’t even see Maui. Still a nice 72 degrees though.

99098534-DE4E-4EEE-8734-407FD7F81C72.jpeg

Can still see Lanai and some whales jumping.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is that view from you condo?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that view from you condo?

No this is from the cabana by the pool. Lots of people come here in the morning to whale watch. They have been breaching all morning. Just starting to slow down now.

We’ve been meetings a couple other owners and some renters who have been coming to winter her for over 20 years.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Cabana and pool area was one of the reasons we loved the resort. We’re going to spend a lot of time here. It’s nice to meet and talk to people. Then if we want we can still see whales from our lanai if we want to stay in. Here’s some pictures of the pool cabana area.

26C5C04C-B273-4100-A139-535791664232.jpeg

4A9E8D5D-E6CB-4F57-86E8-18AFD7026429.jpeg

5E624F65-C0AD-48BA-92D4-897C0420D7D3.jpeg

F4B8F007-0274-4B2C-9868-7255AD977219.jpeg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Jeff - the pool area is lovely! I know you are going to enjoy your new condo!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Everyone I have meet so far have been coming for over 20 years. Most are renters that rent 4 to 8 weeks.

Sounds like February is owners month. Many owners come from all over and spend one ir two months beginning in February.

Whales were very active this morning. They were flapping and breaching up until we left at 11:45am.

My wife is having a hard time straightening out the place the way she wants it. We have too many things that we have to get out of here so we have more space. First thing is the big hutch.

AA1F46FC-2024-4951-9D3D-375FFA2A2624.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
22795505-8879-4BB7-8875-19F2C0D63D79.jpeg
CB9AA673-33D7-4A0A-A01C-0FCA13040068.jpeg
Another job done for today. I got the owners storage closet all cleaned out and put one of our totes in there. I already replaced the lock one Monday. So now all I have to do is haul the four garbage bags down to the dumpster.

My realtor stopped by to meet my wife. She had to stop over to another unit. We’re going to take a look it’s a two bedroom and they don’t come for sale that often. Sounds like they are remodeling most of it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mickey our realtor had to head back to Kaunakakai so we headed out to Goodz and Grindz for lunch. We brought it back and enjoyed it on the lanai. We had Fried Rice with Spam and Bacon, Pork Eggrolls, Cish and Chips and Chicken Katsu. It’s a nice little hole in the wall place 4 miles up the road.

BE92F112-AB07-45C0-9B92-72FDEA8AF6C9.jpeg

592EED12-7E92-4F97-961C-33E437544D62.jpeg

B3FEC58D-D016-41E4-89EB-48498E918DA5.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now that we rearranged everything and emptied the totes we have two pair of binoculars. We can see some buildings over on Maui with the binoculars.

It talking with the regulars here this morning, I found out that right in front of the A building, that’s the oceanfront one, there is a fish pond. You can see the gate to the west of the property. They said it’s dry shallow in front and it’s only waist deep way out there where the waves break past the reef. Sounds like the fishing is good right by the cabana.

There are also supposed to be a couple of holes out there before the break where the water is about 25 feet deep and there are a bunch of turtles, Manta Rays and a bunch of other fish there.

The first morning we were here we saw one kayak out in the water but none since. I found out that kayaker is another regular here and he went out to spread his wife’s ashes. They had been coming here for over 40 years.

barefootnAR

Reaction score
Your place is delightful..hope you can get settled in soon so you can just relax and enjoy. You have found some good gindz around there..yum yum.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your place is delightful..hope you can get settled in soon so you can just relax and enjoy. You have found some good gindz around there..yum yum.

I think my wife heard you because she fell asleep in the recliner after lunch. :)I’m still on the lanai. I’ll probably be napping in in a little bit. :)

We’re getting things situated a little at a time.

barefootnAR

Reaction score
Rained in Kihei off and on. NW Maui got more rain than we did. Our 2:30 Whale watch trip was cancelled. Did you get a lot of rain over there. From the West side it looked like you guys got a lot.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rained in Kihei off and on. NW Maui got more rain than we did. Our 2:30 Whale watch trip was cancelled. Did you get a lot of rain over there. From the West side it looked like you guys got a lot.

On and off most of the day. The rain was more of a mist most of the time. We stayed on the east side all day so We don’t know about the west side. That’s the drier side.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife cleaned out the linen closet in the bathroom already this morning. That only leaves the closet in the hallway to go through. She went through the kitchen cabinets earlier in the week. We should have brought more large garbage bags. :)

I have to make a few reservations for my Pono Kai weeks. I can’t believe all my one bedrooms for 2020 are rented out already. That’s a new record, it’s not even February yet. :thumbup:

We may head over to the west side today to check out a couple beaches my wife hasn’t seen yet. I’ll post some video and pictures later.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The purge continued, we had to do laundry anyway. I think k we are finally done going through everything. So after the laundry, off to the west side.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeff

Could you post or message me the info on the glass blowing class? DS is getting married on oahu in April and we are sending them to Maui and kauai for honeymoon...I think the glass blowing class would be a wonderful wedding Gift.

Your wifes fish is beautiful

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Jeff

Could you post or message me the info on the glass blowing class? DS is getting married on oahu in April and we are sending them to Maui and kauai for honeymoon...I think the glass blowing class would be a wonderful wedding Gift.

Your wifes fish is beautiful

I'm not Jeff but here it is: https://www.moanaglass.com

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The Fabiani's we have been going to is in the center right between Kihei and Wailea, where Monkeypod is located. Good to know the other location is good as well. We may have to try that one as well. In checking OpenTable it looks like there are a couple of places in the Kihei/Wailea area that have opened up since our last trip. There is now a Maui Brewing Company, also on Lipoa.
Just got back from Fabiani’s on Lipoa. Excellent, Thank You Luanne!!

:cool:

Thanks to both of you for mentioning Fabiani's! We'd planned on having noodles (I think called chow fun) at Blue Moon Cafe after our annual trek from Kaanapali to the outlet shop in Kihei. But they close between lunch and dinner and I remembered the talk of Fabiani's. I started with minestrone and had the fabulous meat lasagna and Cliff had chicken fettuccine. We had tiramisu and turtle cheesecake for dessert. Cliff took home a portion of his tiramisu so in order that he did not have to share that with me tomorrow, I made the supreme sacrifice and bought another turtle to go! Sorry Blue Moon, you have been permanently replaced with Fabiani's when we go to Kihei.