• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Park City, UT in Summer

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked this in another thread. What are your opinions on visiting Park City during late July/early August (without kids). If recommended, how many days (5, 6 or 7) would suffice? And I’d think Summitwatch which is in town would be the better MVCI property? I may apply an encore package to the visit or save the encore for another trip and just use DC points for this trip.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend it, as I am going myself this summer. End of July.

flnewbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smoketree Lodge, Banner Elk NC, Cranberry Gold Resort, Ontario, Canada Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Williamsburg
I lived in Park City for 7 years and the summer, early fall was always my favorite time of the year. The weather is near perfect, no crowds and so much to see and do in the surrounding area. Have fun!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I lived in Park City for 7 years and the summer, early fall was always my favorite time of the year. The weather is near perfect, no crowds and so much to see and do in the surrounding area. Have fun!
What is there to do in the surrounding area?

flnewbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smoketree Lodge, Banner Elk NC, Cranberry Gold Resort, Ontario, Canada Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Williamsburg
Mirror Lake, Sundance, Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon, mountain bike trails, sightseeing in SLC,

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Loved Park City in the summer. Went in July for a week. Lots to do. We hiked, biked, Olympic Village, Sundance and great restaurants. We then drove on to Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. A Memorable two weeks.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just wondering about the amount of days. Is there white water rafting nearby? Lakes where you can rent a pontoon boat? Any train rides like Durango or Leadville? Horseback riding? Hot springs? Other nearby mountain towns of interest?

flnewbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I recommend it, as I am going myself this summer. End of July.
We'll get it all ready for your Steve as we will be there in June.
We are staying in other properties (NOT MVC) but I saw this thread with info on Park City and it caught my attention.

We went to southern Utah (St. George, Zion) last year, and we wanted to give the northern part of the state a look.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we visited 3 years ago we had a terrific time hiking and sightseeing. We missed out on visiting the Timpanganos Cave because it had been fully booked. Something you might want to look into before your arrival.

https://www.nps.gov/tica/index.htm

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll get it all ready for your Steve as we will be there in June.
We are staying in other properties (NOT MVC) but I saw this thread with info on Park City and it caught my attention.

We went to southern Utah (St. George, Zion) last year, and we wanted to give the northern part of the state a look.

Funny, as we are going to go to Zion as well on a second week!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
With inspiration from this thread I looked in II and there are many cheap weeks available in May and June at the Marriotts in Getaways or using ACs!! Too bad I have enough vacations planned already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
I am going to Park city in June. My wife and I went there 3 years ago and loved it. Take a day or two for a trip to Moab and visit Canyonlands and Arches National Park.

We stayed at the Mountainside resort and this time will be at Summit Watch.

Delicate Arch

TUG Member
Reaction score
As someone who lives in Utah here are some other thoughts:
The outlet mall is, well, outlets. Some people like that on vacation.
Stop at the Whole Foods in Kimball Junction (as you turn off I-80). It is screamingly expensive but is seriously the nicest WF I have ever seen.
The Natural History Museum in SLC (near the University campus just north of where I-80 comes into the SLC valley) has some great exhibits. I like the ones that focus on geology as it will give you the "lay of the land" helping you to understand the rest of what you see as you drive around. you could stop there between the airport and heading to Park City. Also, the number of prehistoric creatures they have there found right here in UT is amazing.
If you are driving south and want to spend a night in Cedar City (near Cedar Breaks National Park, about 3.5 hours south of SLC on I-15), they will have the Utah Shakespeare festival going on. There are plays by the Bard but also musicals and dramas/comedy pretty much every night. The quality of production is very, very high. If you do go there the pizza place on Center St (Centro Woodfired) is amazing and has more than just pizza.
You will be on the west side of the Wasatch range in Park City. The ski areas on the east side are also great to visit in the summer. If you go to Snowbird, you can take the tram to to top of the ski area. You will essentially be on the "other side" of the range from Park City and can look over. You will be higher than the top of the Park City ski area. If your quads are in great shape, you can walk down from the top, but if you so, stairs will remind you of this walk for several days!
I would second visiting the Olympic Ski area in Park city. If you time it right (check the website) you might see people practicing aeriels, landing in the pool.
There's things to do in Heber/Miday - you might also look at activities listed for the Homestead Resort in Heber to get some ideas of what they are suggesting.
Provo Canyon, where Bridal Veil Falls and Timpanagos Cave is also has Sundance Resort/ski area. You might see if there are any screenings or fun things going at at the Sundance Institute that is housed there (there are also some nice hikes on the Sundance ski area).
During the year there are various free screenings of Sundance films for locals in Park City and SLC. You might check the Sundance film festival website to see if there are any while you are in town.
The symphony plays at Deer Valley on and off during the summer. You might look into that.
Finally, if anyone is going to come over Labor Day weekend you MUST stop over at the sheepdog trials in Soldier Hollow. It is a TOTAL hoot. What amazing animals. It may be hot out in the sun. Next time we go I am bringing an umbrella for the sun.
Apropos of this last comment, do not come to Utah, winter, fall, summer or spring without good sunscreen.
And stay hydrated.

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Take the drive over the mountain above Park City by way of Guardsmen Pass, and drop down to Silver Lake. Walk around the lake looking out for moose. Return back and take some hikes starting at Guardsmen Pass.

Hire a guide to take you fly fishing on the Upper Provo River.

Drive to the Mirror Lake, Trial Lake, or Crystal Lake areas in the High Uintah Mountain range and go on many different trail hikes. Be prepared with good topo trail maps and a compass to find the many high mountain lakes. Take a swim in the cold water lakes.

In July, attend the many outdoor concerts in Park City.

Watch or enjoy kiteboarding on Deer Creek Reservoir.

Rent a boat and go out on Jordanelle Reservoir.