• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at Lagunamar

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw some reports a while back of crime/people coming into villas at the resort, which made me a little hesitant. Do you feel safe there?

We go every year for a week to Cancun and have NEVER felt unsafe. I actually feel unsafe sometimes here in the USA, and one of my daughters is a teacher. That REALLY worries me :(:(. Had a nephew shot and killed in a random shooting about 2 miles from where we live about 7 years ago. :(. definitely no worries about Cancun and a lot of the other places we go.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
They wouldn't let us sign up for an Owner's Update. Well they would have, but were offering no incentives because we last did an update in October. No incentive, no update!
Emma (concierge) told us we would get 20,000 points for attending, slightly better than the 3 for 1 markup we received for our starpoints (was 6,500 of those last year). We may take her up on it. She said it was now 75 minutes, not 90.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Emma (concierge) told us we would get 20,000 points for attending, slightly better than the 3 for 1 markup we received for our starpoints (was 6,500 of those last year). We may take her up on it. She said it was now 75 minutes, not 90.
We were told today, 75 mins also, although we were told yesterday since we were not eligible for the full presentation, the length of update isn't mandatory, hmmmm.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We were told only 60 mins. But with no incentive, the time limit can be zero, which was our choice.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras

Is that incentive for a non-owner or existing owner? The incentive is usually less for an existing VSE owner.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Is that incentive for a non-owner or existing owner? The incentive is usually less for an existing VSE owner.
Existing owner...2 EOY ownerships at WLR (more at WSJ).

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.
my wife just noticed that the music playing by the small pool, was streaming from her phone. She had thought that the songs were similar to her playlist, and then the music stopped when she pressed pause.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
my wife just noticed that the music playing by the small pool, was streaming from her phone. She had thought that the songs were similar to her playlist, and then the music stopped when she pressed pause.

Glad she didn't receive a very personal phone call while at the small pool..... ;)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Did she go in to her Bluetooth settings to see if it was connected to anything?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
so this morning she brought her phone down to the pool deck and other music was playing, but as soon as she turned her wifi on the music changed to her playlist?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
so this morning she brought her phone down to the pool deck and other music was playing, but as soon as she turned her wifi on the music changed to her playlist?

And you're positive her Bluetooth is off?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Does anyone know if Lagunamar has completed moving HDMI and USB ports from behind TVs to the front?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

The only way that could happen would be if the stereo were Airplay compatible and she was using in iPhone. Airplay allows you to stream content from the phone via Wifi rather than Bluetooth. You can buy speakers and/or receivers that are airplay compatible.

Typically you have to select Airplay as your output. It doesn't usually default to Airplay. The next test if you're curious (if she doesn't have an iPhone forget this whole post), would be too have her turn off Bluetooth and turn off her wifi and try again.

What bar is it at? I'll be there next week and I'm gonna have some fun!

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only way that could happen would be if the stereo were Airplay compatible and she was using in iPhone. Airplay allows you to stream content from the phone via Wifi rather than Bluetooth. You can buy speakers and/or receivers that are airplay compatible.

Typically you have to select Airplay as your output. It doesn't usually default to Airplay. The next test if you're curious (if she doesn't have an iPhone forget this whole post), would be too have her turn off Bluetooth and turn off her wifi and try again.

What bar is it at? I'll be there next week and I'm gonna have some fun!
she does have an iphone
she says her blu tooth is off.
the music only plays when her wifi is on.
She is by the smaller pool

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
she does have an iphone
she says her blu tooth is off.
the music only plays when her wifi is on.
She is by the smaller pool

It’s connecting by Airplay then. She should be able to see a symbol in her music app showing the connection. That’s funny. I’m gonna rock the pool next week!

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s connecting by Airplay then. She should be able to see a symbol in her music app showing the connection. That’s funny. I’m gonna rock the pool next week!
hey
thanks for the help

she says that the music was still playing, even though she had signed out of Itunes, but still had wifi on?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Does anyone know if Lagunamar has completed moving HDMI and USB ports from behind TVs to the front?

Carl iPhone6 030.JPG

I LOVE this! About two years ago I could tell you that phase 1 around the big pool was done, but phase 2 around the smaller pool was not. It may be all done by now, not sure. Reminds me of our trip to Punta Cana where the TVs at the Westin were fixed mounted and I had to use my fingertips to try and find the HDMI ports on the back of the TV! Turned out not to be worth it because streaming is very limited out of the country due to license agreements. You just can't get everything you think you should. NETFLIX was OK, but DirecTV was not. We take an HDMI cable and a laptop everywhere we go! Don't expect to see everything you want when you're out of the country.

Last edited:

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Building 12 has been updated Here now. Got $125 for Owner update

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
hey
thanks for the help

she says that the music was still playing, even though she had signed out of Itunes, but still had wifi on?

I don’t know what you mean by signing out of iTunes. Basically, unless she hits the pause button, iTunes will happily play in the background.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Building 14 has them now. A couple years ago we didn't have them in building 9. So perhaps they have made their way through the whole resort.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what you mean by signing out of iTunes. Basically, unless she hits the pause button, iTunes will happily play in the background.
she isn't even playing her music on her phone. When she turns on the wifi, her music starts playing on the Lagunamar speakers?

I am so far from an iphone expert, lol

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Kind of embarrassing at the time, but a few years ago we rented a car. I turned on the radio and mentioned that I loved the music played on that channel. I finally realized it was connected to my phone Bluetooth. I owned a pre-Bluetooth car at the time and wasn’t familiar with it. Lots of eyerolls from my adult kids when I told them.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Since there was some discussion about Weeks 51 and 52, perhaps someone has an answer for me. A few years ago, I bought what I thought was a Plat Plus Lagunamar week resale. When the estoppel came in, it was a fixed Week 51 that floated Plat Plus. I was fine with that because my plan was to try to book Week 51 anyway. When I called for the reservation, another surprise was that it was a fixed Friday check-in. I asked her about the float option because I really wanted Saturday. She told me I’d have to give up my week and take my chances getting a Saturday. I have just taken my Friday week, and rented it and then rent a Saturday check-in from someone else. It’s really pretty easy and reliable. The point of this long story is since Lagunamar is a Voluntary Resort, do you think the float option is really applicable or did the broker just not know it didn’t apply after it was resold?