• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reviews- how many have you done? Are you the leader of the pack?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just was wondering who among us that are currently active on TUG has written the most timeshare reviews. I love reading the reviews and write one everywhere I go. It amazes me I have written 43 since 9/28/2015. I can just imagine what my number would be if I wrote one since Tug started but I was just a looker in the old days not a participator.

So how many have you written? I know there are many that have written many more then me. And if you haven’t written any recently, here’s my nudge. I want more to read.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have done a review, but I have posted videos of two places that had no videos for TUG to use on the main site.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not written that many reviews because we really enjoyed going back to our home resort in Virginia and traveling to SC.

I disliked to drive more than six (6) hours one way to a resort and the cost of flying have more than triple in the past twenty years . Plus, the number of direct flights to our final destination are becoming very limited out of the Norfolk, Virginia airport. IMHO.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It looks like I have done 17 of them starting in 2009. I rarely exchange, but I do try to keep writing reviews of our home resorts anyway, as things can change for better or worse each year.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think I have done a review, but I have posted videos of two places that had no videos for TUG to use on the main site.
I am sure your reviews with be great if you did them. Your posts are always interesting.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I'm at 30. I regularly use the reviews when deciding where to go, so I try to repay the favor. TUG reviews are the best because you can tell that they are real.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm at 30. I regularly use the reviews when deciding where to go, so I try to repay the favor. TUG reviews are the best because you can tell that they are real.
I agree they are the best and if more tuggers did them it would even be better...that is why occasionally I post about them to give a nudge.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
~30 or so. Maybe a few more. I find I visit the same places a lot of folks go to, so I can't add much to what has already been written. If I have something occur that I think will give someone else a head's up, I'll make sure to bring it up in my review. But to stay in the same place (and often, even the same unit number) as the person before me, I have little to add to the conversation. I often add motel or hotel nights in conjunction with timeshare stays, so a lot of my vacations aren't fully represented on Tug.

If I'm considering booking a resort, I'll read the recent Tug reviews to find out if there are "exchanger beware" warnings, or specific unit numbers to request (or avoid), so I can make the most of the time spent there. But to be completely honest, I am not much for hanging around the resort all day, regardless how nice it may be. I'm an "on the go" vacationer, so I'm more interested in things to see and do in the area, than I am about resort activities. Give me a comfortable bed, a hot shower, a microwave and a good coffee pot, and I'm pretty easy to please. Views and such are important, but are rarely critical. Nice, of course, but not a deal breaker, if I'm staying there because of what's in the area, and not spending much time on the resort grounds. Case in point: I owned at Kauai Beach Villas for more than 10 years, and stayed there about a dozen times. I never once used a barbecue or swam in the resort pool. (What does that say about me? LOL!)

Dave

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
~30 or so. Maybe a few more. I find I visit the same places a lot of folks go to, so I can't add much to what has already been written. If I have something occur that I think will give someone else a head's up, I'll make sure to bring it up in my review. But to stay in the same place (and often, even the same unit number) as the person before me, I have little to add to the conversation. I often add motel or hotel nights in conjunction with timeshare stays, so a lot of my vacations aren't fully represented on Tug.

If I'm considering booking a resort, I'll read the recent Tug reviews to find out if there are "exchanger beware" warnings, or specific unit numbers to request (or avoid), so I can make the most of the time spent there. But to be completely honest, I am not much for hanging around the resort all day, regardless how nice it may be. I'm an "on the go" vacationer, so I'm more interested in things to see and do in the area, than I am about resort activities. Give me a comfortable bed, a hot shower, a microwave and a good coffee pot, and I'm pretty easy to please. Views and such are important, but are rarely critical. Nice, of course, but not a deal breaker, if I'm staying there because of what's in the area, and not spending much time on the resort grounds. Case in point: I owned at Kauai Beach Villas for more than 10 years, and stayed there about a dozen times. I never once used a barbecue or swam in the resort pool. (What does that say about me? LOL!)

Dave
If I read a review that you wrote that said I don’t have anything to add, I agree with the last 2 reviews that too would be helpful. It would be another opinion if it’s good or bad. The more people that say good or bad the more validity the reviews have.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

Dave
I agree with you on this. I can see a review worthy when:
  • There is a change (good or bad)
  • Realistically setting expectations (lots of negative reviews for a humble resort)
  • There has not been a review in a long time
I don't see value in "me too"

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
More than I remembered writing - 15 reviews since 2016.

Mary Ann's point about reviewing the same resort is one of the reasons I tried to review the places we have stayed at more than once as well. Things can (and do) change over time at resorts and reading reviews over time about the same resort written by the same person gives me a better feel for a resort in many cases. Especially if the reviews provide details and not just the "we so enjoyed Resort Delta and want to come back every year!!" rah-rah.

I also strongly agree with Katherine's point above as well - I've found some very good reviews on TUG and want to pay it forward as much as I can as well.

@TUGBrian - just a thought here (one we have probably tossed at you before) but it would be a nice addition if users could 'like' reviews. In my mind, a review could be "liked" if a reader found it helpful, contained useful insights and/or was filled with a lot of detail. Is there someway registered TUG users could like reviews in this manner? If that were possible, I could imagine a reader looking at Resort Delta could filter (in some way) and only see those reviews that were liked...... Just an idea.....

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started writing them a couple years ago. So far, 9 in 2 years. I have missed some.

I just returned from a frequently visited resort, but have already done 2 for that same resort and nothing has changed, so I won’t do another.

I have a template in word with paragraph topics. I find it easier to go to that. It reminds me of points to comment on. Then I just cut and paste into tug

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at 31 to date, but you just reminded me that I haven't finished our Christmas timeshare review yet. I still owe TUG a couple more.

I also think it's paying it forward, because timeshare reviews by timeshare owners are a lot more meaningful to me than TripAdvisor reviews. It's the first place I look.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
More than I remembered writing - 15 reviews since 2016.

For some reason you aren’t getting credit for your reviews because you haven’t made the TUG Review Crew highlight (or at least it isn’t shown under your user name).

Edited - someone fixed it because you are now a Tug Review Veteran!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's my chance to get to the top!
Since mid-2015 we've been to (and haven't reviewed)

Wyndham Santa Barbara, Pompano Beach, FL (#3871)
Kuleana Club, Maui, HI (#0030)
Ventura at Boca Raton, FL (#0636)
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham, Naples, FL (#D753)
Greenlinks Golf Resort, Naples, FL (#8848)
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at McAlpin, Miami Beach, FL (#4865)
Washington D.C. Hilton (#D733)
Wyndham Midtown 45, NYC (#D736)
Bonita Resort and Club, FL (#1680)
Cottages at Shipyard, Hilton Head Island (#3298)
Sea Pines Plantation, Hilton Head Island (#0040)
Ona Aucanada, Mallorca (#2821)
Ona Cala Pi Club, Mallorca (#2967)
Torrent Bay Club/Marina Palace, Ibiza (#1418/#4183)
Sandrift Resort, Naples, FL (#5143)
Thurnham Hall, Lancaster, England (#4128)
Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club, Fife, Scotland (#0493)
Sutton Hall Timeshare Club, North Yorkshire, England (#0804)
Royal Haciendas, Playa del Carmen, MX
Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes, Killiney, Ireland (#0513)

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Okay, I can't resist this one.........

@Conan - what is best in life?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just started writing them a couple years ago. So far, 9 in 2 years. I have missed some.

I just returned from a frequently visited resort, but have already done 2 for that same resort and nothing has changed, so I won’t do another.

I have a template in word with paragraph topics. I find it easier to go to that. It reminds me of points to comment on. Then I just cut and paste into tug

This has been mentioned previously in this thread, but I would suggest you consider there is value in doing another review on the resort you previously visited (even if nothing changed) because if that resort is highly rated, consistency at the high level would increase the attractiveness of the resort if this were a resort I was considering.

At the same time, if your previous reviews were at something less than a high level, and those problems still exist, that tells me the management is not addressing areas of need.

Just a thought.....

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's my chance to get to the top!
Since mid-2015 we've been to (and haven't reviewed)

Wyndham Santa Barbara, Pompano Beach, FL (#3871)
Kuleana Club, Maui, HI (#0030)
Ventura at Boca Raton, FL (#0636)
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham, Naples, FL (#D753)
Greenlinks Golf Resort, Naples, FL (#8848)
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at McAlpin, Miami Beach, FL (#4865)
Washington D.C. Hilton (#D733)
Wyndham Midtown 45, NYC (#D736)
Bonita Resort and Club, FL (#1680)
Cottages at Shipyard, Hilton Head Island (#3298)
Sea Pines Plantation, Hilton Head Island (#0040)
Ona Aucanada, Mallorca (#2821)
Ona Cala Pi Club, Mallorca (#2967)
Torrent Bay Club/Marina Palace, Ibiza (#1418/#4183)
Sandrift Resort, Naples, FL (#5143)
Thurnham Hall, Lancaster, England (#4128)
Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club, Fife, Scotland (#0493)
Sutton Hall Timeshare Club, North Yorkshire, England (#0804)
Royal Haciendas, Playa del Carmen, MX
Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes, Killiney, Ireland (#0513)
Now start climbing, your almost there. I look forward to reading them all.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For some reason you aren’t getting credit for your reviews because you haven’t made the TUG Review Crew highlight (or at least it isn’t shown under your user name).

Edited - someone fixed it because you are now a Tug Review Veteran!

Thank you for noting that, RX8 and TUGBrian (if I had to guess) for fixing that!

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I can't resist this one.........

@Conan - what is best in life?

I would give top marks to Craigendarroch Scotland, Westin St. John, and Hilton Club NYC.

More broadly, the best timeshares are those that let us stay a week, at a good price in reasonable comfort, in an area we might otherwise have missed:

Camelback Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona (#1150)
Tristram's Landing, Nantucket, Massachusetts (#0052)
Little Gull, Longboat Key, Florida (#0865)
Villas at Banyan Bay, San Pedro Island, Belize (#5946)
Stouts Hill, Gloucestershire, England (#0939)
Langdale, Cumbria, England (#0813)
Anfi Beach Club, Gran Canaria (#3081)
Macdonald Villacana, Estepona, Spain (#1847)
Four Seasons Vilamoura, Portugal (#2062)
Il Poggio, Tuscany, Italy (#4182)
I Gioielli del Doge, Venice, Italy (#3577)
Hotel Deutschmeister, Vienna, Austria (#1870)
Grand Hyatt, Istanbul, Turkey (#C151)
Anezina Village, Paros, Greece (#4806)
Candia Park Village, Agios Nikolaos, Crete (#3232)
Marriott's Phuket Beach Club, Thailand (MPU)
Nepean Country Club, Victoria, Australia (#1169)

Last edited: