• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can someone update the MVCI weeks FAQ thread with current II prices?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Near as I can tell, it's $99 for a year now, $209 for a non Marriott exchange, $154 for a MVCI => MVCI week, non enrolled.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I did some editing so the section on II costs now reads as:
>>II fees for exchanges of non-DC-enrolled Weeks (based on what resorts are included in the exchange request): Marriott only - $154; include non-Marriotts within your country of residence - $209; include non-Marriotts outside your country of residence - $209. (Add $20 more for non-Marriott requests made over the phone)<<

I don't see where the FAQ says anything about annual II fees? Also, a couple more questions -
- Does the $20 "over the phone" still apply?
- Can someone please confirm the new upsize fees and I'll edit to add those?

Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The additional telephone surcharge no longer applies. Upgrade fees are unchanged.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The additional telephone surcharge no longer applies. Upgrade fees are unchanged.

$20 surcharge is gone. :)

On the upsize fees I don't know what they are and don't see them in the FAQ? If you tell me what they are I'll add them. Thanks!

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Current as of 1/13/19 II upgrade fees:

$99 per step for standard membership

$59 per step for platinum

$79 per step for gold

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
$20 surcharge is gone. :)

On the upsize fees I don't know what they are and don't see them in the FAQ? If you tell me what they are I'll add them. Thanks!
This was what I paid for my most recent unit size upgrade and to my knowledge still the current fee
(the last I have seen published anyway)
Unit-Size Upgrade (Per Step)
$99 Interval International Membership
$79 Interval Gold Membership
$59 Interval Platinum Membership
https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/pdf/IIFeesthru123117.pdf

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
>>II fees for exchanges of non-DC-enrolled Weeks (based on what resorts are included in the exchange request): Marriott only - $154; include non-Marriotts within your country of residence - $209; include non-Marriotts outside your country of residence - $209. (Add $20 more for non-Marriott requests made over the phone)<<

I don't see where the FAQ says anything about annual II fees? Also, a couple more questions -

Thanks!

II annual fee is $99 for 1 year basic membership
Plus $64 for gold
Or plus $139 for platnum
Discount for multi year purchase- a year free if you purchase 5 year (396 basic, plus 256 gold or plus 556 platnum).
3 years is 252 basic, plus 1663 gold or 354 platnum.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort

Thanks!
What is the $270 member fee for Chairman's level?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

That applies to DC point ownership/membership and not related to II.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I added annual membership and upsize fees to the FAQ. A couple more questions:

- Can someone refresh my memory on when upsize fees are charged? Does the Basic exchange fee cover a Studio and every additional BR is charged a Step fee? Or, are the Steps charged for any additional BR's over how many are in the unit you've deposited?

- The FAQ says the Guest Cert fee is $49 but bazzap's pdf (thank you!) says it's $59/free with II Plat. Which is it?

- The section I'm working in is the very last in the Weeks FAQ, if you want to take a look at it and let me know if more changes are necessary.

Thanks, all!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

From the DC Points FAQ:

~~ Other DC Costs ~~

- All Members must pay the annual Club Dues fee which is based on the number of DC Points that a Trust Member owns, or, for which an Exchange Member is eligible through all Enrolled Weeks, or, a combination of both. Effective with the 2019 invoices the fees are:

• $205 Owners and Select Members
  • $245 Executive and Presidential Members
  • $270 Chairman's Club Members

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I added annual membership and upsize fees to the FAQ. A couple more questions:

- Can someone refresh my memory on when upsize fees are charged? Does the Basic exchange fee cover a Studio and every additional BR is charged a Step fee? Or, are the Steps charged for any additional BR's over how many are in the unit you've deposited?

- The FAQ says the Guest Cert fee is $49 but bazzap's pdf (thank you!) says it's $59/free with II Plat. Which is it?

- The section I'm working in is the very last in the Weeks FAQ, if you want to take a look at it and let me know if more changes are necessary.

Thanks, all!

The basic exchange applies if the unit you are exchanging into has more BR than the one you deposited. So, a studio to a 2BR is 2 steps up from 0 and thus gets 2 unit upgrade fees. If you are exchanging a 2BR for a 2BR, there is no upgrade fee.

This fee does not apply within the Flexchange window.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks, all!
As I recall Steve Fatula separately supplied a link to the Interval Ts & Cs, which gives all the fees from 1st January 2019 including the latest Guest Certificate fee.
So it is now $69 for non Platinum members, wheras it was $59 prior to this.

https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1006

“10. If a Guest Certificate is requested by any Member other than an Interval Platinum Member, an additional fee of US$69 per Confirmation will be required to be paid at the time the certificate is requested. If II does not issue a Confirmation for which the Guest Certificate has been purchased, the certificate fee will be refunded. Guest Certificate fees will not be refunded under any other circumstances. Interval Platinum Members are not required to pay a fee to request a Guest Certificate”

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, gold is more than platinum! :oops:

Typo- sorry & thanks.

Should say-
3 years is 252 basic, plus 163 gold or 354 platnum

Guest certs are $69 basic & gold, for platnum
Getaways are $25 off for gold, $50 off for platinum

Last edited: