• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When you travel, where is your favourite cheap dive restaurant?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
62b8d94972f20d134157b7723799ecfa.jpg

Do any of you have a cheap, must go to drive inn or restaurant when you travel to a certain place?

Whenever I go to Honolulu, I just have to go to Rainbow Drive Inn. I just love their Loco Moco. Their hamburgers are pretty darn good too. Yup, the food is cheap, greasy, and tasty. All key things to feed an addiction to return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Ahi Assassin in Honolulu for poke.

Ala Moana food court and the Asian food court in the same mall. Not really a dive but inexpensive casual food with plenty of variety.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
The lolos in Grand Case, St. Martin. They are small, locally run stands with picnic tables and grills. Great plates with ribs or chicken and sides of rice with beans, etc. Fresh food for a reasonable price and sometimes a great view of the water.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Once place I can think of was the original Five Guys in Alexandria. It's no longer there, and we only went once, but we all declared it the best burger we'd ever had.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Does In-N-Out count?
It’s an every-other-year or less opportunity for us, so we try to make it happen when we can.

Yes, there are a bunch of them in Vegas.

Speaking of Vegas, when you are in town try Naked City Pizza. The Meatball Pizza is to die for. The place is in a divey part of Vegas so I would go in daylight.

Reactions: DrQ

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chamicos on the beach, Soliman Bay, Mexico. Feet in the sand, plastic tables, no electricity, wood fire grill, ice cold cervesa, and delicious fish that was swimming that morning. Turquoise blue water waves washing up a few feet away, choice of hammocks after lunch, and a scene in front of you that looks like paradise.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Chamicos on the beach, Soliman Bay, Mexico. Feet in the sand, plastic tables, no electricity, wood fire grill, ice cold cervesa, and delicious fish that was swimming that morning. Turquoise blue water waves washing up a few feet away, choice of hammocks after lunch, and a scene in front of you that looks like paradise.

Oh yeah baby. That’s for me.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Pono Market in Kapaa. Small market we grab plate lunches at and either take them to the beach or back to our lanai.

On Maui, we like Dollies in Kahana. They have the best pizza we’ve had in Hawaii. It’s just a small bar/restaurant but we ate there a few times after we first found it. We will be going next week too. :thumbup:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Pono Market in Kapaa. Small market we grab plate lunches at and either take them to the beach or back to our lanai.

On Maui, we like Dollies in Kahana. They have the best pizza we’ve had in Hawaii. It’s just a small bar/restaurant but we ate there a few times after we first found it. We will be going next week too. :thumbup:

Nice. If you see one, try puka dog. Great hot dogs. Oh, and don’t forget to wash that dog with a freshly squeezed done right in front of you cold lemonade. All that comes to mind is Mahalo.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Amigos Tortilla Bar In Key West, inexpensive, good food and great gluten free options for me.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Nice. If you see one, try puka dog. Great hot dogs. Oh, and don’t forget to wash that dog with a freshly squeezed done right in front of you cold lemonade. All that comes to mind is Mahalo.

Yep, we’ve had many Puka Dogs.:thumbup:

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Steamboat Springs has a bunch. A few I’ve been known to patronize

Big House Burgers and Bottle Cap Bar
Moe’s Original BBQ
Dude and Dan’s
Back Door Grill

And on the mountain
T-Bar (aka 5 Star Dive Bar)

Lots of higher level and really high level places as well. Of course cheap is a relative term at a ski town;)

Cheers

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Charlotte’s Lobster Pound/Shack....Southwest Harbor, ME. I love the lobster roll here. It is off the beaten path; outside dining at picnic tables.
6EF0E4D2-F90E-426F-A40D-6333E2DAEE5D.jpeg

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I love old diners in the downtown.

In Charlotte NC, we love Krazy Fish
DSC_0329-1030x685.jpg

In Galveston TX:
Cajun Greek
o.jpg

Olympia Grill on the Seawall
o.jpg

Mosquito Cafe (Not a dive)
o.jpg

Benno's on the Seawall
o.jpg
Anywhere:
Whataburger​

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Eaton Street Market in Key West, best cheap lobster dinner you will ever have
Always buy my raw fish there but never sat down and ate outside. Need to check it out, have no idea how much a lobster dinner is.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Always buy my raw fish there but never sat down and ate outside. Need to check it out, have no idea how much a lobster dinner is.

They literally only have a few picnic tables to eat at but the lobster dinner is $15 and its great. Their lobster roll is also out of this world...Plus we always buy a ton os seafood to cook at the condo

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh, when in LA you gotta go to Langers. Best ruben sandwich. I always make an Uber pilgrimage. Not cheap. But outstanding. The place is in old LA and been there for ages. Be prepared to wait. There are usually lineups.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Guss Tacos in Cabo San Lucas. Shimp tacos to die for. Only $2,50 each. Yelp it.

Our travels seem to take us to Cabo alot; I’m going to try it out.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Guss Tacos in Cabo San Lucas. Shimp tacos to die for. Only $2,50 each. Yelp it.

Yes. I can vouch for that one

When in Puerto Vallarta try Mariscos tacos. Its a street place in old town. Popular with the locals. Freshly caught fish taco (usually Marlin) is 35 pesos each. Guys walk by with fresh caught oysters for 15 pesos. Squeeze some lime and hello. At Mariscos i get their shrimp taco for 50 pesos. Yes you sit on plastic chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Oh, when in LA you gotta go to Langers. Best ruben sandwich. I always make an Uber pilgrimage. Not cheap. But outstanding. The place is in old LA and been there for ages. Be prepared to wait. There are usually lineups.

Hi Fred,

When in Seattle, check out Market House Meats for a fantastic Reuben Sandwich. www.markethousemeats.com

Richard