• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Still the happiest place on earth ... not in my experience.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...That's why many attractions (like Spaceship Earth) that seldom used to have a wait now have fairly sizeable wait times now that they have a FP line.

I can't remember when it was, but recently at Spaceship Earth, our FP didn't start for 15 min; meanwhile, stand-by was only 10. We cancelled our FP and used it for somethin' else (Mission: Space, I think).

If you're on you're 'puter at 7AM ET, 30 days out, and flexible with your time, you can score FP's for some high-demand rides (Na'vi River, Frozen, Soarin').

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
At this moment 30 days out, the only rides that are unavailable are Mine Train, Slinky Dog, Avatar Flights of Passage, and Kali River Rapids (which is under refurbishment). The only attractions without morning availability at MK are Belle and Peter Pan, at Epcot is Frozen, DHS the rest all have morning FP available, and AK Navi and Kilimanjaro Safaris availability starts in the noon hour. Admittedly, February 11 is a pretty slow time even in this era of no slow times, but I could easily make a workable touring plan out of that.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this moment 30 days out, the only rides that are unavailable are Mine Train, Slinky Dog, Avatar Flights of Passage, and Kali River Rapids (which is under refurbishment). The only attractions without morning availability at MK are Belle and Peter Pan, at Epcot is Frozen, DHS the rest all have morning FP available, and AK Navi and Kilimanjaro Safaris availability starts in the noon hour. Admittedly, February 11 is a pretty slow time even in this era of no slow times, but I could easily make a workable touring plan out of that.

I think it is interesting that the list not available at 30 days out is every new thing since my last visit quite a while ago. Frozen may be in that category if you consider it new as opposed to a refurb of an old ride.

fiat1bmw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney is making price part of the product. The fact that it now costs so much is bragging rights to all your friends and neighbors that you were able to afford to go to DW.

Glad we took our daughter there 12 years ago (and since then) before the tickets went through the roof. My understanding is that the only way to buy multi-day tickets is to use them within a 10-day window or so. No more buying a 7-day all-park ticket and using them over a few years - which is exactly the intent.

BOZO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney World is getting so expensive that it's pricing out the middle class
Steve Cameron

Jan. 2, 2019, 5:43 PM
  • Disney World raised its prices twice in 2018 and switched to a dynamic pricing model that charges higher prices during peak summer months and winter holidays.
  • This is the fourth time in park history that annual pass prices were raised twice in the same year.
  • The new model prices out many of its pass holders in the middle class — the old model doesn't work in the modern US economy anymore.
  • According to Robert Niles, the editor of Theme Park Insider, Disney Parks wants to use pricing and promotions to equalize crowds throughout the year.

In 2018, Disney World raised its ticket prices, twice. Take the park's platinum pass for example, it's the standard option that grants access to all four parks with no blackout dates. In February, the price went from $779 to $849, then in October its price jumped from $849 to $894, as Disney unveiled its dynamic pricing model. That's a 15% increase in just one year.

This is the fourth time in park history that annual pass prices were raised twice in the same year. The first time was 1997 in anticipation of Animal Kingdom's 1998 opening. Similarly, the price markups in 2018 are in advance of Disney World and Disneyland's 14-acre "Star Wars" theme lands, called Galaxy's Edge. And Disney parks expansion doesn't stop there. Hong Kong Disneyland is spending $1.4 billion on "Avengers"- and "Frozen"-themed attractions. On top of that, it's adding capacity to Tokyo DisneySea and updating Epcot and Disney Studio park at Disneyland Paris.

Despite all the costly expansions, Disney Parks and Resorts reported a $4.5 billion operating profit for the 2018 fiscal year. That's over 100% increase from 2013. So, if it is steadily profiting, why are Disney Parks becoming so expensive?

From the mid-'80s into the early 2000s, Disney Parks pulled way ahead of its competition. In 2002, Magic Kingdom's attendance alone nearly doubled its closest non-Disney competitor, MGM Studios. But in 2010, that changed when Universal opened the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

This is what I found for last August, which is high season. I am very perplexed as to why some of us have an easy time booking what we want and some of have a hard time. It should be consistent, I would think. I am re-planning my trip for May and I have had very little problems with re-booking rooms and changing dining reservations. It is too early for FPs but I assume it will be easier now since mid-May is less popular than early August when kids are out of school.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Disney is making price part of the product. The fact that it now costs so much is bragging rights to all your friends and neighbors that you were able to afford to go to DW.

Glad we took our daughter there 12 years ago (and since then) before the tickets went through the roof. My understanding is that the only way to buy multi-day tickets is to use them within a 10-day window or so. No more buying a 7-day all-park ticket and using them over a few years - which is exactly the intent.

Bragging rights! Yah! Thank you Mr you know who.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it is interesting that the list not available at 30 days out is every new thing since my last visit quite a while ago. Frozen may be in that category if you consider it new as opposed to a refurb of an old ride.

I am confused by your comment. What do you mean by “the list”?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I am confused by your comment. What do you mean by “the list”?

I think the intent was: "the list [of] not available [rides]..."

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Of which there were three. Three unavailable rides out of four parks is pretty good, I would think!

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of which there were three. Three unavailable rides out of four parks is pretty good, I would think!
Except if those are the only attractions you have never seen even though you were there 10 yrs ago. Then it is a list that says you can get fast passes for all the rides you have already done, but to see something new you will wait.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Very nice! I just looked and am seeing the same. It was nowhere near this easy in early December.

We will be back in May, so I’m hopeful that it’ll be as easy then. Although we will be in timeshares, I booked one night at Fort Wilderness partially so we can book a couple days of FPs 60 days out. We will make those two days AK and HS so we can get Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash. We will also be doing a Moonlight Magic through DVC.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am still perplexed as to why some people have so much trouble booking and some of us have it easy.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for giggles I checked the current wait times for the magic kingdom. I think we can agree that this is slow time. Every major attraction except It's a small world has an hour wait. The mine ride has a 2 hr wait. Sounds like fun to me.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Except if those are the only attractions you have never seen even though you were there 10 yrs ago. Then it is a list that says you can get fast passes for all the rides you have already done, but to see something new you will wait.

Stop being so negative! LOL

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I just looked and am seeing the same. It was nowhere near this easy in early December.

We will be back in May, so I’m hopeful that it’ll be as easy then. Although we will be in timeshares, I booked one night at Fort Wilderness partially so we can book a couple days of FPs 60 days out. We will make those two days AK and HS so we can get Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash. We will also be doing a Moonlight Magic through DVC.

That is a pro move. Can you still cancel and keep the fast passes?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just for giggles I checked the current wait times for the magic kingdom. I think we can agree that this is slow time. Every major attraction except It's a small world has an hour wait. The mine ride has a 2 hr wait. Sounds like fun to me.

Are those non-FP wait times? If so, an hour wait is great! LOL

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a pro move. Can you still cancel and keep the fast passes?

I’m not sure. POSSIBLY at exactly 30 days out. I don’t want to risk it. I don’t mind paying $80-100 for all of that.

We’ve done similar things at Universal and Aulani. We will stay at a timeshare (usually a 2BR Marriott) and book one night just to get access to the perks (Flash Pass at Universal ROCKS! and Aulani is incredible) for a couple days.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If the last time you were there was 10 years ago, then here's the list of attractions for which there are fastpasses available 30 days out that you've never seen:
  • MK - Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • MK - Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Epcot - Frozen Ever After
  • DHS - Alien Swirling Saucers
  • DHS - Frozen Singalong
  • AK - Na'vi River Journey
  • AK - Rivers of Light
I didn't include a number of new character meetings that have FP or new entertainment/shows that don't have FP (such as the delightful Muppets presentations on American history in MK). Soarin' has a new movie and Test Track has a completely new overlay and car design experience. For the three that don't have FP available at 30 days, it's very feasible to either visit them at rope drop or right before closing (depending on your early bird vs. night owl tendencies) and wait a more reasonable time, probably less than 90 minutes.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score

Definitely different perspectives here. Between rope drop, FPs, and knowing which attractions start getting busy at what times, we seldom wait even 15 minutes for anything. But it was much harder last month than we’ve ever seen.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • MK - Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • MK - Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Epcot - Frozen Ever After
  • DHS - Alien Swirling Saucers
  • DHS - Frozen Singalong
  • AK - Na'vi River Journey
  • AK - Rivers of Light

We did the Frozen Sing-Along for the first time last month (mainly to torment our oldest son who hates Frozen), and it was surprisingly good. Don’t need a FP for it.

Another first for us was the Muppets show outside of the Hall of Presidents. Never knew about it and not sure how long they’ve been doing it, but it was awesome!

(And of course Toy Story Land, which was awesome but crazy crowded.)

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think this is where our differences lie. After an hour or two in line I would not be able to walk and be in severe pain. Some of us have a hard time standing in one place for that long. Hour long waits are physically impossible for me past maybe two. In the past I have been able to go to a place I truly do love and be able to go on these rides with a few minutes wait and even a walk on at low crowd times. The top rides we were able to fast pass and therefore over a two week period we saw all the major attractions and looped others all day for our enjoyment. A good example is that buzz lightyear we would ride 10 times with no line. It currently has a 45 minute wait. I just checked our pictures and we were there at the exact same time. This is why I say it is a different and not better experience. Prices have risen considerably to do in a day what I used to be able to do in 30 minutes while being shut out of anything new.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A good example is that buzz lightyear we would ride 10 times with no line.

Ever since they added the ability to schedule your 4th+ fastpass in the app, we've been able to ride Buzz multiple times in a row with little wait. After you use your initial three fastpasses, you can use the app to get another one, and as soon as you tap into the FP line you can start searching for your next one. When my kid was gunning to score 999,999, I would frequently (typically in the early evening) be able to schedule my next Buzz fastpass after we had entered the fastpass line and before getting in the ride vehicle. Not 10 times, but 1-2 times in the afternoon, and 3-4 after dinner. Magic Kingdom is the best park for this, because the rides aren't separated into tiers, and there are so many of them. Granted, we don't travel at Christmas, Easter, or the height of summer (typically early March or late May), but we typically get ahead of my touring plans in MK because we've been able to keep booking fastpasses after our initial three.