• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MONTAUK MANOR, Montauk New York

winos2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
We are going to Montauk Manor in June. Tugs reviews gives it high ranks but little information. Has any TUGGERS gone recently. Thanks for any information. :cheer:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, from California to Montauk :eek:

I've never stay'd but i'd LOVE to hear your experience when you get back...i live on Long Island...so i've been to Montauk a few times...Great little night life during certain times of the year

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.montaukchamber.com/

Montauk is one of my favorite towns on Long Island, the other is Greenport on the North fork. We have stayed at many places in Montauk, including Montauk Manor. Its a peaceful setting, castle like and most of the rooms are privately owned. The room sizes vary, from studios to 3 bedroom. You have restaurant on site, food was good, however you have so many options in Montauk once you venture out..Tennis anyone? courts and views. WOW, would suggest bikes. we took our own but rentals are available in town..
MM is really not walking distance to the beach, however they did have shuttle service..you might want to ask when you check in. Montauk is BIG on fishing, deep sea for a day, also SPA treatments at many places including MM. Tons of restaurant choices too, low end: http://www.thehideawaymontauk.com/Home.html Mexican food hidden at the Diamond Cove Marina, and higher cost: http://harvest2000.com/hfp/
Harvest on Fort Pond, a must for our visits..and hopefully yours too.
Bring your sunscreen and good walking shoes/flip flops, Welcome to Montauk, the END. (that's a local popular bumper sticker)

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Did you trade in? What did you use to get the trade? What exchange company did you use?

Thnx,
H

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there last year for 2 nights thru an off season newspaper ad, it's a spectacular property and our room was large and nicely appointed (always wanted to use that word). It's located about equidistant from the harbor and the beach, a few minutes drive to either. It's up a hill so there are some views, ours was of Fort Pond. This place is much nicer than most of the motel type places that Montauk is overrun with, the only downside for us is the location off the water.

winos2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
Montauk Manor

Liborn2 Thank you for the useful information. We make one trip to the East coast each year and are looking forward to Montauk, New York.

We received a one bedroom, full kitchen with a RCI Points exchange.
It is a RCI weeks resort. They state very limited??

The tugs review rating was 9.75.

winos2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
MONTAUK MANOR, Montauk, New York

Thanks you SILVER FOX for the information. Anxious to check out the appointments. :wave:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
A studio here just popped up for a week on RCI for 1/21/2019. I added it to the sightings section.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
A studio here just popped up for a week on RCI for 1/21/2019. I added it to the sightings section.

Montauk in January is NOT Montauk in July. We live on Long Island and from June thru September there is probably no place better in the world. However, January in Montauk is not an ideal vacation spot unless you love cold whether, winter jackets, hats, gloves, and possibly boots, snow shovels, snow brushes.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I live in NY and was only on Montauk once when I was a teen. The summer traffic getting there has always been a discouragement for me- same with going to the New Jersey Shore. One thing at least you don't have to worry about as much in January, but for sure in June.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I got an exchange about 4 years ago for May. It was a studio unit and it felt like I was staying at my old grammas house. Very dated. Clean but everything g was very very old. So beware as these are individually owned units and there is no way to know what you are going to get.