• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two new Interval A/Cs dropped in account.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but two more A/Cs dropped into my interval account in the last few days. Haven't had any activity that would trigger it I don't think.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
What do you own? I joined last year, own Marriott Surf Club and have never gotten an AC. I’ve also not exchanged. I did buy a Getaway tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
I got two today too! My Harbor Ridge timeshare close to Bar Harbor ME is the source, I believe. I was told by staff that a high demand resort can negotiate for the AC's by being exclusive to II.

My Certificates
Certificate #000
accommodation-certificate-logo.jpg

Eligible Travel Dates
10 Jan 2019 - 30 Jun 2019
Expires
07 Jul 2019
Unit Details
3 BedroomsSleeps 8 Total, 8 PrivateFull Kitchen
Status
Unredeemed
#000[/paste:font]

Eligible Travel Dates
Expires
07 Jul 2019
Unit Details
Status
Unredeemed
#00029139351[/paste:font]

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Same here; two new ACs showed up this afternoon in our account. They are good thru July 7. There was a 2bd Marriott Grand Ocean available for this weekend, so I clicked thru to get a price....$229. Most availability for winter check in dates in low demand areas.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Think of A/C's as a promotional device by II to encourage exchanges for low-demand weeks that might otherwise go unused. Remember that, if you use an A/C, you're going to cough up a nearly $300 exchange fee to II. Yes, that's a cheap price for a week's accommodations, but it's also better for both II and the resort if the unit is used than if it goes unused.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Got the same. The existing certificate had a $289 fee. The two new ones are $229 and $299. The $229 one can see significantly less inventory than the other two.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I got two as well. Too bad they weren't issued sooner as I could've used one for an upcoming week, but I've already
booked something else.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I got two today too! My Harbor Ridge timeshare close to Bar Harbor ME is the source, I believe. I was told by staff that a high demand resort can negotiate for the AC's by being exclusive to II.

My Certificates
Certificate #000

Eligible Travel Dates
Expires
07 Jul 2019
Unit Details
Status
Unredeemed
#000[/paste:font]

Eligible Travel Dates
Expires
07 Jul 2019
Unit Details
Status
Unredeemed
#00029139351[/paste:font]

I received one new AC, same dates as above... I guess they know there is no way I could use 2 AC's

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Got 2 new ones too. These freebies usually pull better last minute items. But I know have 5, might be time to share some of them with family/friends as I won’t go through them all myself.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Nothing in my stepfather’s Cypress Harbour account either and he exchanged his week. Maybe this one wasn’t for Marriott owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of them landed in my account also. Nothing of interest yet, but mainly because I like to go to the desert in low season (May-Sept). Hoping they get extended as June gets closer, and that some CA/AZ entries show up.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Mom and Dad got two in one of their accounts (Stormy Point in Branson) but not in the other (Lakewood at Lake of the Ozarks) and I don't have any in my brand new II account. I think Mom and Dad are getting ready to use one of the $289 ones for a week in late April for Branson. Great deal for a 3BR!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have been an interval member since mid-July. I just got one in the Vistana corporate account and one in the individual account

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have 2 in each of my 3 accounts. The $289 one which I had for awhile (not sure how long) and now also the $299. yawn.
Would have liked at least one of the $229 just to see what was available.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
And done. They got a 2BR sleeps 8 at Surrey (which they like) for $289 April 28-May 5. They are so happy! And to think that we didn't even know what those certificates were until you folks told me. :)

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
No new ones for me. :( I deposited a Thanksgiving week at Marriott Shadow Ridge Villages too, I would think that would qualify.

These two new ones are not associated with deposits, they are just random ones that II drops in your account.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have been an interval member since mid-July. I just got one in the Vistana corporate account and one in the individual account

Now that you are a Lincoln fan....I have used these Freebie ACs to pull Pollard Brook many times. Sometimes we just use them for 3/4 night stays. Still extremely cost effective.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick search shows some interesting last minute availability -- Beachcomer Inn (one of my favorites) in Tahoe -- Riviera Shores in Capistrano Beach, CA. Both a bargain at less than $50 / night.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Two in mine also, Welk Owner, for $229. This is not the first time I've had seemingly random ACs show up in my II account. Another time I've gotten a couple for writing reviews on II though, I know that. And ya'll We'll prolly just use ours for a getaway in Branson since we're midwest with a toddler.... Driving more than 4-6 hours becomes a real pain so these ACs are great for us.
I was gonna start a threat about this, glad I didn't duplicate, but I do have a new path of discussion: Why do some people bash the hell out of II/RCI's ACs and "bonus weeks"? I've used them successfully and because of these I will prolly take 3, 5-7 day vacations and only use at most, 1/2 of my owned points of a 2br in Branson.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Two in mine also, Welk Owner, for $229. This is not the first time I've had seemingly random ACs show up in my II account. Another time I've gotten a couple for writing reviews on II though, I know that. And ya'll We'll prolly just use ours for a getaway in Branson since we're midwest with a toddler.... Driving more than 4-6 hours becomes a real pain so these ACs are great for us.
I was gonna start a threat about this, glad I didn't duplicate, but I do have a new path of discussion: Why do some people bash the hell out of II/RCI's ACs and "bonus weeks"? I've used them successfully and because of these I will prolly take 3, 5-7 day vacations and only use at most, 1/2 of my owned points of a 2br in Branson.

I call if the GOF effect, the older we get the easier it becomes to complain about every little thing. GOF - grumpy old fart.

I got my 2 also, for a unit I no longer own that Interval would love me to deposit apparently. :)

I just used one in December so I needed a resupply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Hahaha GOF effect. I like it!
In my, albeit limitted experience in the professional world (I'm 31), no matter how good things are, some people will always find something to whine about.....
But these new ACs are pretty weak. The AC I got for renewing my membership with II has literally 5x as many options. Even in the same area (Branson).