• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2018 Rollover Nights [Discontinued?]

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
If Marriott Rewards is going to eliminate Rollover Nights, why would they have left it on the Nights Detail page under Bonus Nights on Marriott.com?

I don't recall the nights ever being zeroed out at midnight on 12/31 like they did last week. Yet, the Rollover Nights column was left in place. And it specifically says "2018 rollover".

Perhaps it wasn't eliminated as previously reported?

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see it on there but it shows zero nights. I would have had roll over nights.

hhoope01

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is removing the reference to roll-over nights is down toward the bottom of their list of things to fix/do. Marriott is still working out bugs from the merger. And it looks like Marriott really is moving forward with rebranding Marriott Rewards to the "Bonvoy" program. Yesterday, I noticed my status level on the mobile app for a few hours was listed as "Titanium". So I'm guessing they are doing a lot of coding/testing for that right now.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
My guess is removing the reference to roll-over nights is down toward the bottom of their list of things to fix/do. Marriott is still working out bugs from the merger. And it looks like Marriott really is moving forward with rebranding Marriott Rewards to the "Bonvoy" program. Yesterday, I noticed my status level on the mobile app for a few hours was listed as "Titanium". So I'm guessing they are doing a lot of coding/testing for that right now.

I'm still PPE.

hpy2go

Reaction score
I realize that this may not be helping answer dualrated2's original question, but somewhere in my memory I thought that the concept of rollover nights was not continued past 2018.

I was quite sad, but did account for this in my thinking and planning.

Of course, as I had 120 nights last year, I'd be quite happy about a rollover! :) The only value to me would be if they counted to the 50 and 75 night "bonuses".

Anyone else remembering it that way?

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that they were discontinuing them, too.

I would be happy if they continue another year, as I had 109 nights in 2018 and would love some of those to count towards this year.

But my 2018 usage pushed me over 600 nights, so I'm now Lifetime Platinum, so nights aren't going to mean as much to me anymore.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I switched to the new rewards visa card in August and it looks like doing so, I lost my 15 nights elite credit for 2018-- I normally get them in Dec.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
From this Marriott page (bolding mine)

>>Elite Rollover Nights:
This is the last year members can earn Elite Rollover nights. This means any 2017 nights earned in excess of Elite requirements will roll over to 2018 but excess nights earned in 2018 will not roll over to 2019.<<

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This year everything is topsy-turvy but remember, in prior years the year-end changes to our accounts sometimes happened over a period of days/weeks so if you're seeing one change it may not be the last of them. Usually all of the changes are finished towards the end of January/beginning of February.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I was thinking that they were discontinuing them, too.

I would be happy if they continue another year, as I had 109 nights in 2018 and would love some of those to count towards this year.

But my 2018 usage pushed me over 600 nights, so I'm now Lifetime Platinum, so nights aren't going to mean as much to me anymore.
Isn't it 600 nights and 10 years as a platinum member also to get lifetime plat? My account in Dec 2018 shows 1300 nights and 9 years as platinum. Just wondering regarding the plat premiere rules would qualify for the lifetime plat premiere since i have 10yrs and 1300+ nights as of dec 31 2018?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't it 600 nights and 10 years as a platinum member also to get lifetime plat? My account in Dec 2018 shows 1300 nights and 9 years as platinum. Just wondering regarding the plat premiere rules would qualify for the lifetime plat premiere since i have 10yrs and 1300+ nights as of dec 31 2018?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Didn't lifetime Platinum Premier also have a lifetime points requirement?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Didn't lifetime Platinum Premier also have a lifetime points requirement?
I thought when reading the rules it could be under the old Marriott requirements knights and points). But you could also qualify under the new terms(years and nights) by Dec 31.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought when reading the rules it could be under the old Marriott requirements knights and points). But you could also qualify under the new terms(years and nights) by Dec 31.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That’s right. I think the new Years/nights requirement is 750 nights and 10 years platinum elite