• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Information on Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are presently staying in the Hacienda and have been offered a membership which includes turning over our Grand Luxxe for 4 wks in a two bdrm. The pitch is we could trade back into the Rocky Pt GM for less than an owners ME. Any ideas as to positives for the HE & the sister resort Marina Fiesta. The prices for same room is less, but not to the Luxxe level for sure. This for any info.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We are presently staying in the Hacienda and have been offered a membership which includes turning over our Grand Luxxe for 4 wks in a two bdrm. The pitch is we could trade back into the Rocky Pt GM for less than an owners ME. Any ideas as to positives for the HE & the sister resort Marina Fiesta. The prices for same room is less, but not to the Luxxe level for sure. This for any info.

1)Trade-ins are usually smoke & mirrors .

2)Hacienda Encanatada will likely sell you their developer TS for the same $ cost without the trade in.

3)Your Grande Luxxe likely has MF on use only - so why get rid of it .

4) when you "trade back in " you will pay the Vidanta exchanger resort fee (PP is $420 resort fee / 2 bedroom MP on RCI )
so that will change the total cost . ( note GM - PP trades in II )

5) Call Vidanta Reservations and ask what your use cost per week is at Puerto Penasco when you "downgrade" to a Grand Mayan .
If it sounds too high - ask to be transferred to Vidanta Member Services . Explain to them what your being "offered" and ask that they work with you
on usage at Puerto Penasco since you can drive to it from your home in Mesa AZ and would like to use it at the Grand Mayan MF cost since there is no Grand Luxxe

6) Puerto Penasco / Rocky Point has peak use in the summer apparently . (Too hot for me as a Canadian - We went in October ) full price MF for summer probably makes sense .
You may want to find out if Member Services would consider any split week off season usage cost structure .(via an addendum .)

7) When you get home - read your contract / and all its options. You may already "own" the answer to effective $ cost PP usage .

8) I am pretty sure I have seen Hacinda Encanatada for a lot less than developer price on ebay and/or TUG Marketplace .

9) There are likely more reasons this "deal" is no deal & other TUG members will add them to this thread.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score

2)Hacienda Encanatada will likely sell you their developer TS for the same $ cost without the trade in.

4) when you "trade back in " you will pay the Vidanta exchanger resort fee (PP is $420 resort fee / 2 bedroom MP on RCI )

5) Call Vidanta Reservations and ask what your use cost per week is at Puerto Penasco when you "downgrade" to a Grand Mayan .
If it sounds too high - ask to be transferred to Vidanta Member Services . Explain to them what your being "offered" and ask that they work with you
on usage at Puerto Penasco since you can drive to it from your home in Mesa AZ and would like to use it at the Grand Mayan MF cost since there is no Grand Luxxe

6) Puerto Penasco / Rocky Point has peak use in the summer apparently . (Too hot for me as a Canadian - We went in October ) full price MF for summer probably makes sense .
You may want to find out if Member Services would consider any split week off season usage cost structure .(via an addendum .)

7) When you get home - read your contract / and all its options. You may already "own" the answer to effective $ cost PP usage .

8) I am pretty sure I have seen Hacinda Encanatada for a lot less than developer price on ebay and/or TUG Marketplace .

9) Ther

9) There are likely more reasons this "deal" is no deal & other TUG members will add them to this thread.

You may want to find out if Member Services would consider any split week off season usage cost structure .(via an addendum

This for your quick reply, I had forgotten about the app exchange fee.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I tried to send this in an earlier reply guess I messed up! Thxs for the quick reply - I had forgotten about the pp resort exchange.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Don't do it.
We own there and have owned or currently own 3 other TS resorts in Cabo. We like HE the best but as stated you can actually get a lower cost w/o a trade in as the sales staff do this to show you have equity and to help those who want to unload their toxic waste TSs. You have little or no real equity and their marketing costs to dispose of your TS costs YOU money so why not sell Vidanta on your own and make someone happy and still buy HE for a lot less in the secondary market. Studio and 1 bedroom contracts in Phase 1 and 2 are inexpensive (Phase 3 and 4 are more) and come up on Ebay occasionally. Be advised HE has a every 5 year refurb fee that is a double MF every 5 years so that 870/week MF for a one bedroom is really 870 +20% or 1044/week making them one of the most expensive 1 bedrooms in Cabo. If you like the residences at HE then you just have to bite the bullet and buy from the developer as they are the newest properties and seldom come up as the MFs are not mandatory unless you use a week.
Beautiful resort and excellent staff, management is a little slimy and you can book at Marina Fiesta if you want to stay a week in town. Resort food is average and more expensive than Paris with $6 bottled water served in the plastic bottle- classy (if you buy at HE, plan on taking the free shuttle to Marina Fiesta for dinner in town with better food choices and prices. HE owns Marina Fiesta and the Golden zone restaurants on the Marina.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thxs, You've help us make a decision, there was no mention in the pitch about the refurbish fee every 5yr. We'll be keeping ahold of the Vidanta unit.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thxs, You've help us make a decision, there was no mention in the pitch about the refurbish fee every 5yr. We'll be keeping ahold of the Vidanta unit.

That almost got me too and I've been on over 50 presentations in Cabo and have read many TS contracts. HE doesn't call it a refurb fee and the salesman supposedly didn't know there was one. For you folks considering HE including secondary purchases, see Article 4 of the contract....Quinquennial Fees.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We'll be keeping ahold of the Vidanta unit.

I would suggest you read your Vidanta contract when your home & speak to Member Services about Puerto Penasco / Rocky Point usage
that benefits you and them . remember Member Services works for all of Vidanta , including the " hotel side" that wants filled resorts .

Glad - oldbuyer gave you details on Hacienda E & Marina F usage & contracts .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
For you folks considering HE including secondary purchases, see Article 4 of the contract....Quinquennial Fees.

Great term / how many pages in was ARTICLE 4 ?

Careful -Don't give the other developers too many "good " ideas .

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
50 presentations paid me back for the first "bad buy". Mexico is not a place I would buy anything I couldn't take home with me. The contract laws are subject to interpretation and mordita. Thirty years as a buyer and I was scalped like a rookie- ONCE!

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oldbuyer, are you aware in the HE contract the clause "Liquidated Damages Clause" stating if the User rescinds the purchase agreement that all sums pd by the user shall be retained by the seller? I'm under the impression we have 5 days to rescind.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Contact profeco. That's probably not legal in Mexico. Also, was the contract in Spanish? I heard somewhere that it would have to be in order to really be enforceable in Mexico; that clause is probably there to try to scare you.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Oldbuyer, are you aware in the HE contract the clause "Liquidated Damages Clause" stating if the User rescinds the purchase agreement that all sums pd by the user shall be retained by the seller? I'm under the impression we have 5 days to rescind.
Yes you have five days to rescind. Here is a quote from Profeco:

"By law, you have five business days to cancel the contract after you have signed it. If you decide to cancel the purchase within this period, notify the developer by email and certified mail. Keep the receipt as evidence you cancelled on time.

You should receive a prompt refund of all the money you have paid, without any cancelling penalties, within fifteen business days.

If the developer refuses to do so or agruments you resigned to this rigth when signing the contract, you may contact extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx. To submit a formal complaint, you must send the following paperwork: a brief description of the problem, copy of the contract and of your ID.

You can change your mind"

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We ALMOST bought there. While reviewing the contract, I asked the sales guy to show us-in the contract-each thing he had promised. He couldn't. We walked. Ended up buying Grand Solmar. One thing I will say about HEC. Its available often on getaways. Good use of $700-$1000 for one off use-without the investment.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Mosab, If you are still within 5 days you get a full refund. The only damages they can claim (yet to be seen by me) is for services given in consideration that were not part of the presentation gifts. For example If you buy today we'll give you this nice shiny Rolex. IF you are still staying at the resort, hop on the free shuttle today to the marina and walk about halfway across the marina just past Solomans Landing and you will see the new office of tourism that has a Profeco representative inside. A very nice woman with good English language skills. She/they will help you draft and deliver the rescission letter. Don't go back to your salesman as he/she will try and BS you back into the sale. Once you decide to rescind then go with your gut and just do it. There will always be opportunities to buy later either direct or in the secondary market if you wish to be an owner there.
Once the rescission letter is written and delivered do not revisit the sales room but DO begin to finally sleep well and enjoy your remaining time at HE

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, we're still at HE and will be seeing them in the am to complete cancellation process.
Contact profeco. That's probably not legal in Mexico. Also, was the contract in Spanish? I heard somewhere that it would have to be in order to really be enforceable in Mexico; that clause is probably there to try to scare you.
All the paperwork was in E
Mosab, If you are still within 5 days you get a full refund. The only damages they can claim (yet to be seen by me) is for services given in consideration that were not part of the presentation gifts. For example If you buy today we'll give you this nice shiny Rolex. IF you are still staying at the resort, hop on the free shuttle today to the marina and walk about halfway across the marina just past Solomans Landing and you will see the new office of tourism that has a Profeco representative inside. A very nice woman with good English language skills. She/they will help you draft and deliver the rescission letter. Don't go back to your salesman as he/she will try and BS you back into the sale. Once you decide to rescind then go with your gut and just do it. There will always be opportunities to buy later either direct or in the secondary market if you wish to be an owner there.
Once the rescission letter is written and delivered do not revisit the sales room but DO begin to finally sleep well and enjoy your remaining time at HE
Thanks- we'll be on the shuttle shortly. I was scheduled to see the sales reps closer this am but I 'll see the Profeco rep instead. I appreciate your help. We'll sleep better tonight,

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score

Old Guy, we followed your advice and met with two gals with Perfecto an

Old guy, thanks for all the info we met with two gals from Profecto and submitted the paperwork, send the email, and certified letter. They were very helpful. We now will submit all the forms to Mex City when we return home. Thxs again!

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Old Guy, we followed your advice and met with two gals with Perfecto an

Old Buyer (almost old guy too), thanks for all the info we met with two gals from Profecto and submitted the paperwork, send the email, and certified letter. They were very helpful. We now will submit all the forms to Mex City when we return home. Thxs again!

You have just completed the gold standard method of rescission. You will not be bothered at the resort now that PROFECO has the case file. You should see your refund to your credit card company in 30-45 days. When you get home notify your card company that the sale was rescinded and reference the PROFECO filing and they will put the charge in dispute pending receiving a full credit from HE. If you do not receive a full refund (highly unlikely) then PROFECO will intervene on your behalf. PROFECO has no enforcement capability but all the legitimate TS companies like HE vs the pop up scammers selling air out of a temporary office comply because they don't want the negative publicity in their association.

TIP: PROFECO has hundreds of unsolved complaints from the air sellers (TS programs sold from rented offices and rooms). Law enforcement closes them down often but it's like wack a mole and the scams continue. I recommend only attending legitimate TS presentations that have buildings occupied with TS owners. Any operation that looks like a storefront IS A SCAM. Your bank and PROFECO may not be able to help you.

Mosab enjoy the rest of your vacation and do watch the whales go by.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have just completed the gold standard method of rescission. You will not be bothered at the resort now that PROFECO has the case file. You should see your refund to your credit card company in 30-45 days. When you get home notify your card company that the sale was rescinded and reference the PROFECO filing and they will put the charge in dispute pending receiving a full credit from HE. If you do not receive a full refund (highly unlikely) then PROFECO will intervene on your behalf. PROFECO has no enforcement capability but all the legitimate TS companies like HE vs the pop up scammers selling air out of a temporary office comply because they don't want the negative publicity in their association.

TIP: PROFECO has hundreds of unsolved complaints from the air sellers (TS programs sold from rented offices and rooms). Law enforcement closes them down often but it's like wack a mole and the scams continue. I recommend only attending legitimate TS presentations that have buildings occupied with TS owners. Any operation that looks like a storefront IS A SCAM. Your bank and PROFECO may not be able to help you.

Mosab enjoy the rest of your vacation and do watch the whales go by.
Thanks again- sorry for your handle miss name I guess I'm no better at typing on this table as I am with TS presentations!