• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelling TLC Vacation Club

Sheena molina

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tlc vacation club
after reading all these posts, what I’m not understanding is how these can not be cancelled after several years. It’s a contract yes, but no where does it state a time frame between parties. No where does it state an early cancellation fee. Unless TLC failed to send me a bunch of paperwork, the only agreement I have is a 3 year contract with RCI. I have no contract with TLC except to pay them for the timeshare which is already paid in full and to pay maintenance fees while in contract. It does say I have a right to cancel within 5 days but it does not say anywhere that I can not cancel any other time. This contract is less legal than my contracts with my insureds. What it also doesn’t say is that they have the right to report me if I don’t pay maintenance fees. Has anyone had success cancelling a tlc membership? We were totally scammed into this in the first place, it’s completely useless. We can’t sell it or even give it away. The fees are killing us. The contract I signed is literally nothing.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.....Has anyone had success cancelling a tlc membership? We were totally scammed into this in the first place, it’s completely useless. We can’t sell it or even give it away. The fees are killing us. The contract I signed is literally nothing.

Can you post more details on TLC Vacation Club .
who - what - were ?

It sounds like you have a contract that gets you RCI access
points or weeks ?
how many ?
what is the cost yearly ?

Why is it completely useless?

It sounds like you may have a non- deeded membership
somewhat similar to a (long term) fitness / gym club membership.

TLC can likely put you in collection for non-payment .
If that were to happen - is that a problem ?

More information will help someone on this forum give you a better answer
to your question .

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I understand correctly, this is a vacation club and not a TS which would be deeded property. If that is the case, many "owners" like you terminate their membership by simply stopping payments. You said that they have the right to report you. That does not necessarily mean they will report you.

In the Mexico forum, there is a thread (you will have to search) discussing what happens when people stop payments on their right-to-uses or memberships. The results are not desirable but they are not catastrophic. You will have to decide what you want to do after reading that thread.

But the one thing that we generally emphasize here on TUG is to not pay any of these companies or law firms that claim they can cancel or exit you from your timeshare or, in your case, travel club membership.

And BTW, you said, "It does say [you] have a right to cancel within 5 days but it does not say anywhere that [you] can not cancel any other time." That's a typical legal right in Mexico when you sign a contract for a timeshare, right-to-use, or travel club membership. Mexican law gives buyers a 5-day cooling-off or rescission period. It allows buyers to legally cancel or rescind their purchase without any penalty. But you only have five days to do it. The rescission period varies from country to country and state to state.

John Jacobs

Reaction score
Any update on what you decided to do, and what the ultimate outcome was? We're about 5 years in to our TLC membership, and I've yet to use any of my points, just paying maintenance fees year after year for nothing. I'd like to cancel since my initial purchase price is paid off, just not sure if I can, or how to go about doing so.
Thanks for any help!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any update on what you decided to do, and what the ultimate outcome was? We're about 5 years in to our TLC membership, and I've yet to use any of my points, just paying maintenance fees year after year for nothing. I'd like to cancel since my initial purchase price is paid off, just not sure if I can, or how to go about doing so.
Thanks for any help!

Can you please inform us here on TUG as to where the TLC Membership is located ? Is it Mexico ?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for any help!
John, If you have a deed to some Real Property, you can give it away, sell it, whatever. But I suspect this is just a 'Vacation Club' in which you actually OWN nothing. If you want out, just quit paying. They will cancel your membership. It has no teeth to charge you with anything. There is no property to foreclose on, so go on about your life, hopefully wiser. Unfortunately, poorer.

Jim

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will add to what Jim said. You might face a bunch of threatening collection calls and letters if you stop paying. You might face a hit or ding on your credit rating. Those should go away after a while.

Just be careful about, or actually don't use, any of these firms that claim they can cancel or sell your membership. They'll charge you thousands of dollars to do something you can do yourself.

ncf1108

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TLC Resorts, Las Vegas
After reading all of the comments regarding TLC, no one has ever stated their individual outcome for canceling their membership. I too have just started the process of canceling my membership. Mine also states that it's a 3-year membership. It would be nice to hear from others on their outcome. Did you write any letters? Did you just stop paying the dues? If so, did they try any strong-arm tactics? Anything would be nice to hear. Thanks

maek77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TLC
@ncf1108, if you successfully escape, please let me know how it goes. I'm in the same boat. Been paying them and RCI fees for years and only gotten one vacation out of it because it's too difficult and expensive to use.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been looking people who have entered a contract with TLC Resorts Vacation Club, I just started the arbitration process and wondered if I could get some insight on the process leading up to your presentation and the presentation itself. If anyone is willing to provide a statement to assist me in presenting my case, I would greatly appreciate it. I will keep you all updated on the outcome, so far, the law is on our side! The arbitration agreement itself has been deemed to have several flaws as found by the American Arbitration Association and have already cost TLC a few thousand to correct. Every bit of information you all can provide will greatly impact the overall outcome of this process and hopefully reward us all. Thank you in advance!

tinampage

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TLC Vacation Club Membership aquired in las vegas
I was Made to believe in my meeting when I got into the Vaction Club that I could sell if I ever didnt want it any more. I have paid in full for the membership and just paying anual fees but the dates and prices just keep getting crazier its useless at this point it cheaper to book the hotel directly or through other online sources. I have been told I cant sell, I also cant ever talk to my rep. When asking if i can sell he said to donate it! So donate $16,000 for a vaction plan that i maybe used three times because the dates never worked for me. This is Crazy I have no idea what to do and I can not just not pay it will destroy my credit and ruin me purchasing a house.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been told I cant sell, I also cant ever talk to my rep. When asking if i can sell, he said to donate it!

Take a deep breath. Stop paying and see what happens. If they already have $16,000 of your money, I suspect they will just go away. If the original purchase price was $16,000 and you still owe them a significant part of it, you need to see a lawyer...

George