• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
When did you pay it with the credit card? Online or did you mail in the slip?

I have not rec'd my MF statement (and never got tax bill either) - can someone tell me when MF bill due - can we do online?

Mailed in the slip to avoid the bogus late fee. (But mailing it with certified delivery/returned signature ended up costing the equivalent of the late fee:doh:)
Same situation here, haven't/didn't receive either...
You can see the MF statement in the dashboard of the VSE page. Click Dashboard/Ownership Information/Maintenance Fee Details & Statements

tperleberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John and Harborside
Harborside at Atlantis
$2,456.38 Coral Vista - 2 Bedroom
Was pleasantly surprised on this one, was anticipating more like Sunset Bay

My Coral Vista- 2 bedroom was $1,847.55

2017- $1,808.82

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
On Vistana.com

THE WESTIN ST. JOHN RESORT VILLAS IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR ARRIVALS BEGINNING JANUARY 4, 2019.

Progress in paradise: this beautiful Caribbean resort has been rebuilding, and will be back soon and ready to enjoy.

The Westin St. John Resort Villas is happy to welcome Owners and Guests back to beautiful St. John. Many repairs and updates have been made — with more currently ongoing — to bring back this slice of Caribbean paradise. Some things will be restored, while others have even been improved upon or are brand new.

FASTER, EASIER ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
New ferry and van transportation options for more comfortable, quicker rides and more frequent departures
New dockside Westin Waterfront Desk for seamless, time-saving check-in and check-out while Guests wait for their ferry
Taxi service and car rentals will be available

RESORT IMPROVEMENTS AND UPDATES
New balconies added to Studio villas in the Coral Vista phase
All villas feature brand-new furniture and Westin Heavenly Showers
Buildings in the Sunset Bay phase will have new metal roofs, improving storm sustainability and insulation
Internet, television and door lock upgrades are underway
Landscape is growing back well, with much of it newly-planted

GUEST FAVORITES AND DINING
Snorkles Bar & Grill will be open as well as Mango Deli, the resort’s on-the-go marketplace, and a new food and beverage concept slated for opening in 2019.
In-room grocery deliveries and pre-stock will be available
The quarter-acre resort pool and private white-sand beach are ready to enjoy
Island tours and excursions, non-motorized water sports equipment use, and resort activities will be available just as before
The WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio is loaded with brand-new equipment, including a TRX strength-training station
The Spa and Westin Family Kids Club will be operational as before

Discover St. John for the first time, or return home to your favorite island paradise, beginning January 4, 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Where can I find a resort map for WSJ? I have searched but seem to find one.

Thank you.

Mike

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This will of course be revised because there is no lobby or knox and Ollie’s anymore

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
When did you pay it with the credit card? Online or did you mail in the slip?

I have not rec'd my MF statement (and never got tax bill either) - can someone tell me when MF bill due - can we do online?

MF bill is arriving today according to USPS informed delivery digest...

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Just paid the bill. Have to call because the website is not working.
BTW, I've never received this year's bill.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
WSJ reopens tomorrow (1/4/19) any Tuggers going to be there?? We arrive on March 1!! Can't wait. :banana:

sachia007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Either DaveandRobin or TomandRobin posted a while ago how one would find the person who uses the same WJS unit the week before we use our week. Something about the numbers posted on the tax bill?

Anyone know how to do this? We have a week 8 Sunday check in and in a few years (2022) that will be President's week. I work for a school in the N.East and we get the week after President's day off. I'd love to contact the owner and see if they'd be able to switch that week with us.

Any help appreciated.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Either DaveandRobin or TomandRobin posted a while ago how one would find the person who uses the same WJS unit the week before we use our week. Something about the numbers posted on the tax bill?

Anyone know how to do this? We have a week 8 Sunday check in and in a few years (2022) that will be President's week. I work for a school in the N.East and we get the week after President's day off. I'd love to contact the owner and see if they'd be able to switch that week with us.

Any help appreciated.

It was a while ago, and had to some sleuthing.
Find your Parcel Number (Tax Bill?) - the PN should end in 2 letters (e.g.
xxxxx-CD).
To find adjacent weeks - search for xxxxx-CC and xxxxx-CE using the parcel finder (?) on the USVI site. Could be same site as searching for Prop Tax (?).
Be aware that often the Name or other info is missing from the listings.

I was lucky in that I had their LLC name, State and County and was able to find them on a google search.
I asked them if they ever wanted to sell their 2nd week (same villa), then to contact me which they did a few years later.

I was also in communication with them about maintenance issues (that started the original WSJ thread). We even offered to buy a new sleeper/sofa as it was in deplorable condition, but then the refurbishment went thru.
(that lead to the infamous ‘lawsuit’, and the election of Bob/Phil).

kastis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We own 1 bedroom at Virgin Grand, week 18. Bought 2017 from owner. Our MF went from 770$ for 2017 to 1554$ for 2018 ( I excluding reserves replacement).
Could anybody explain such increase ?

thanks

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Hi,
We own 1 bedroom at Virgin Grand, week 18. Bought 2017 from owner. Our MF went from 770$ for 2017 to 1554$ for 2018 ( I excluding reserves replacement).

thanks
I believe the maintenance fees were cut in half while the resort was down due to the hurricane. What you are seeing is a return to the normal fee.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I believe the maintenance fees were cut in half while the resort was down due to the hurricane. What you are seeing is a return to the normal fee.

Correct - compare to 2017 and not to 2018. 2018 MFs were reduced (~65% iirc) due to the resort being closed.

I used our 2018 WSJ SOs to stay for 17 nites in a 1Bd at WPORV last June.
I think it ended up costing ~$110/nite total (bargain).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi,

thanks

See above...
Who got the 2018 SOs?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi,

thanks
Did the seller disclose the 2016 MFs when selling or just the 2017 fees? Possibly sounds like a shifty seller if they only disclosed the lower fees from 2017 and not that they had been reduced for one year only because of the hurricane and the resort being closed.

kastis

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you, I actually bought in 2016, first year usage in 2017.

tammymacb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm thankful I checked TUG today. I never paid my taxes because I also never got a bill. I went to the tax site and can see the amount but can't see a way to pay them online. Every time I click around it freezes my computer... What's the best way to fix this. Also, I've been living in a new house for 4 years and they have yet to correct my address although I've mentioned it and changed the address every time I have paid a bill. Is there anyone in the office I might ask for who knows what they're doing?