• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NEED help sounds like decent deal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
We have owned a week @ Woodstone Massanutten for 13 years. We have never Considered buying anything else because we use it. This deeded unit has MF of $436/ year and 1 week every year. We have noticed over last few years it’s harder to get where we want to go we always bank it with RCI and less options. We have been interested in points.
We did the “talk yesterday “ and are currently trying to decide by today if we want this deal.
The are offering us Woodstone luxury unit 2 BR P ( partial kitchen deed ) every other year. To bank RCI points of 43,500 every other year. MF $452 every other or $226 every year.
So essentially 21,750 points every year.
The cost $6000 Out the door.Then we can also keep or current unit and decide year to year to keep it as week or BANK it for 42,000 RCI points. This giving us 63,750 RCI pts each year for total MF OF $663 Per year. I struggle with the 6,000 Becuaee I know you can pick up at almost nothing.
However I can’t find anything with MF of $226 on any point buy. PLEASE HELP SOON AS POSSIBLE

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I would pass on that offer and look for a resale contract at Vacation Villages @ Grandview Las Vegas. Triennial contract maintenance fees are under $200/yr. I get 16333 points annually, but I believe there are other contracts that give more points for the same cost.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’ve seen Woodstone biennial points units for sale periodically, but set up at twice the usage (base units are really 4 BR LOs), so you get a 2 BR every year with a MF of ~$400. From what I’ve seen, it’s a bit more efficient on a $ MF per point basis than Grandview. Plus, Massanutten does the trading power boost thing for MF payment early. No need to be in a hurry in any case, you can wait for either resale rather than buying from them.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
Thank you for quick response. I will search some Grandview sales. I was on line for hours yesterday and don’t see anything with MF in the $200s. We always trade our “bought week “ the benefit on this we could add current week 42,000 pts to new purchase 21,750. I love the $226 maintance fee but struggle with $6000.
I’ve seen many for sale @ Massanutten for the $400 MF like we are paying but none for $226

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
I’ve seen Woodstone biennial points units for sale periodically, but set up at twice the usage (base units are really 4 BR LOs), so you get a 2 BR every year with a MF of ~$400. From what I’ve seen, it’s a bit more efficient on a $ MF per point basis than Grandview. Plus, Massanutten does the trading power boost thing for MF payment early. No need to be in a hurry in any case, you can wait for either resale rather than buying from them.

Thank you for quick response. I will search some Grandview sales. I was on line for hours yesterday and don’t see anything with MF in the $200s. We always trade our “bought week “ the benefit on this we could add current week 42,000 pts to new purchase 21,750. I love the $226 maintance fee but struggle with $6000.
I’ve seen many for sale @ Massanutten for the $400 MF like we are paying but none for $226 have you seen ones for that ?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The GREAT deals are snapped up quickly. CHILL OUT ... calm down.

PS If your real name is your "log on" here ... consider changing it to a 'handle' for the world wide web. Private Message a moderator to do that for you.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Read through your contract. Make sure they are converting your current week along with the new purchase. Both your current week and the new week are a little over a penny a point in terms of MF's so not the best. You still may have luck giving it away if need be. What is the underlying week for both your current week and the new week. Also keep in mind your RCI membership will go up about $20 per year. RCI points membership is a little more than a weeks membership. You really won't be getting 63,700 per year. You will be getting 43,500 one year and then 85,500 the next but you can bank and borrow so that may not make that much difference.

How many tpu's do you currently get? Where do you normally exchange to or would you like to exchange to but haven't been able to?

I've never heard of them offering an every other year partial luxury 1/2 unit. Again double check the paperwork to make sure it isn't an every 3 year Casa unit.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
Read through your contract. Make sure they are converting your current week along with the new purchase. Both your current week and the new week are a little over a penny a point in terms of MF's so not the best. You still may have luck giving it away if need be. What is the underlying week for both your current week and the new week. Also keep in mind your RCI membership will go up about $20 per year. RCI points membership is a little more than a weeks membership. You really won't be getting 63,700 per year. You will be getting 43,500 one year and then 85,500 the next but you can bank and borrow so that may not make that much difference.

How many tpu's do you currently get? Where do you normally exchange to or would you like to exchange to but haven't been able to?

I've never heard of them offering an every other year partial luxury 1/2 unit. Again double check the paperwork to make sure it isn't an every 3 year Casa unit.

Hi there
Yes we have seen the paper work and they let us leave and think about it. We have owned here for 13 Years and every talk we say no because we don’t want to add to maintance fees. They say to keep manintance fees down it would be 2 BR luxury Woodstone PARTIAL every other year MF $452 or $226 every year. Yes after total $452 MF paid they would deposit 43,5000 Pts in RCI then each each would could choose to keep our current Woodstone Unit As weeks or bank for the 42,000 pts every year. They are not converting but giving us a yearly option of keeping the week or making it Rci points. (this Never had been offered before )
We struggle with things like BEACH in the summer. I couldn’t get outterbanka last year in summer. ( can get in the winter ) but not summer.
Our current owned week is 11 TPU

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi there
Yes we have seen the paper work and they let us leave and think about it. We have owned here for 13 Years and every talk we say no because we don’t want to add to maintance fees. They say to keep manintance fees down it would be 2 BR luxury Woodstone PARTIAL every other year MF $452 or $226 every year. Yes after total $452 MF paid they would deposit 43,5000 Pts in RCI then each each would could choose to keep our current Woodstone Unit As weeks or bank for the 42,000 pts every year. They are not converting but giving us a yearly option of keeping the week or making it Rci points. (this Never had been offered before )
We struggle with things like BEACH in the summer. I couldn’t get outterbanka last year in summer. ( can get in the winter ) but not summer.

There is no such thing as not converting and letting you use woodstone as rci points on a year to year basis. If you owned Summit or non rci points resort you could do points for deposit on a year to year basis for an extra small yearly fee.
If you can get points for you current woodstone the only way to do so would be if they converted that unit to points. You would then have the option to reserve and use your home week or it would auto deposit into points at 12 months prior but not to bank it as an rci week (tpu's).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
There is no such thing as not converting and letting you use woodstone as rci points on a year to year basis. If you owned Summit or non rci points resort you could do points for deposit on a year to year basis for an extra small yearly fee.
If you can get points for you current woodstone the only way to do so would be if they converted that unit to points. You would then have the option to reserve and use your home week or it would auto deposit into points at 12 months prior but not to bank it as an rci week (tpu's).

They are saying it would automatically deposit as points unless we told them NOT and we wanted to use it as weeks that year.
That’s what they are saying ???

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
The GREAT deals are snapped up quickly. CHILL OUT ... calm down.

PS If your real name is your "log on" here ... consider changing it to a 'handle' for the world wide web. Private Message a moderator to do that for you.

How can I change my name ?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also it doesn't matter what they say, it matters what is written in the paperwork. What does it say you are buying? Does it mention anything about converting your other unit in the paperwork? What is the deeded unit number and week you are purchasing?

It sounds like they are describing a conversion. It auto deposits as points but if you let them know prior to 12 months you can have it as a week to use just not to bank as a week with RCI.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The worst case scenario is they are selling you a worthless points membership and not converting your current week into the rci points program. You would then have too few RCI points to be usable in the way you want and you would still have a fixed week that can't get you what you want. If you think you could give away your current week or deed it back to the association for free or under $500. You could likely get a better RCI points deal on the resale market for under the $6000 you are paying now.
Even if converted you would likely still have difficulty giving away the converted weeks because they are over a penny a point.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen many for sale @ Massanutten for the $400 MF like we are paying but none for $226 have you seen ones for that ?

You were online for hours and couldn't find anything with MF in the $200s. Maybe there is a reason. Timeshare salesman will tell you anything. As stated previously, what the timeshare salesmen tell you is of no consequence. Everything that you have been told needs to be in the contract or it means nothing. And don't even get me started on paying $6000 for this "deal". I'm sure they will be more than happy to lighten your wallet. They would be getting the "deal", not you. They don't really care about anything they tell you to make the sale, and especially not you. They are not looking to do you any favors. Move on from this "deal".

We have noticed over last few years it’s harder to get where we want to go we always bank it with RCI and less options. We have been interested in points.

We did the “talk yesterday “ and are currently trying to decide by today if we want this deal.

Decide by today???? :rolleyes: As you have been told, "Chill out." Nothing that they have offered will go away if you decide to later pursue this. They would not turn down your $6000 because it's not a "deal," except for them. Good advice from Vacationhopeful.

You have noticed over last few years, it's harder to get where you want to go. Spending $6,000 won't change that most likely. To get optimal trades requires effort and planning way in advance if you're looking for high demand with limited availability. Yes, you need additional TPUs or points, but there's way better options for accomplishing this.

Reread this post. She knows what she's talking about. She has never heard of what is being offered to you. Were the sales persons' lips moving? These folks don't know anything about the truth. It's all about taking your money. They aren't in the business of helping potential marks. Only the commission is important to them.

We have owned here for 13 Years and every talk we say no because we don’t want to add to maintance fees. They say to keep manintance fees down it would be 2 BR luxury Woodstone PARTIAL every other year MF $452 or $226 every year. Yes after total $452 MF paid they would deposit 43,5000 Pts in RCI then each each would could choose to keep our current Woodstone Unit As weeks or bank for the 42,000 pts every year. They are not converting but giving us a yearly option of keeping the week or making it Rci points. (this Never had been offered before )

Again, you are relying on what they told you. Once you have committed to this and are past any rescind period, you're out of luck. It won't matter what you were told, only what is in the contract. You better go through that contract carefully and understand it. Do not rely on salesman speak.

OBX is high demand with limited availability. Not only do you not have enough TPUs for such a trade, but you have to be searching (or placing an ongoing search) at least 12 months in advance for summer weeks on OBX or any such places/time frames.

I believe there are way better options at a pittance of the cost of what you're considering. You need to think this through and be on your game, and for goodness sake don't be rushed into this decision. The same deal will be available next week if you want to go that route.

Best wishes on your decision.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you don't want to be bothered trying to get rid of your current timeshare at Woodstone -which could take some real time and effort and are ok with spending $6000 now plus MF OF $663 Per year plus rci fees for 63,500 points, then it is an ok deal.

You can get an overall better deal in terms of MF and points for less than $6000 (more points and even lower total MF's) but it would still require you to get rid of your current week.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
As someone mentioned earlier, Massanutten offers bonus TPU each year for paying MFs early. You can also purchase additional 8 or 9 TPUs (@ $15 per TPU) from Massanutten if you need more. The bonus and add'l purchased TPUs have a short life span but can be combined (for a fee) if you need more trading power for those summer beach weeks. Although it requires fees, it will take years to come close to $6000.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I would look at it this way. A one bedroom annual points week at Grandview Las Vegas would give you 49,000 points and the maintenance fees would be $417.50. An every other year points week pays $208.75 for 49,000 every other year points or 24,500 points a year. With this deal you would be paying $436 for 42,000 points on the week you already have and $226 for the every other year with 43,500 every other year points or 21,750 a year. So spending $6k to pay $663 a year and have 63750 points a year vs paying $626.25 a year for 73,500 points a year with Grandview. You could easily get those weeks at Grandview for well under $1k and save yourself $5k. Grandview also has triennial weeks too.

A little extra information. Every other year points come into your account every other year, not half this year and half the next year. However you can borrow points from your next use year but if you do that you will have to pay the next year's maintenance fees now instead of January 1, 2020. If they go up you will have to pay that additional amount when they would normally be due. When you have a points week and want to use the underlying week you own you need to do that at something like 13 months out and you wouldn't pay an exchange fee.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Woodstone Massanutten
Also it doesn't matter what they say, it matters what is written in the paperwork. What does it say you are buying? Does it mention anything about converting your other unit in the paperwork? What is the deeded unit number and week you are purchasing?

It sounds like they are describing a conversion. It auto deposits as points but if you let them know prior to 12 months you can have it as a week to use just not to bank as a week with RCI.

Thank you everyone !!!! We decided not to buy and wait to look for a re-sale.
Thank you !!!!