• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at Lagunamar

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back for New year's week, weather is much better than last year.

Happy to answer any questions

gcole

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning our July trip. What is the best place for groceries and alcohol?
Our group: my husband and I, two adult children and spouse's and four grands, 5-15 years old.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back for New year's week, weather is much better than last year.

Happy to answer any questions
do you own week 52? Some Tuggers reported to have had a hard time booking week 52 even if they tried at midnight 12 months ahead

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We walk up to Sorianos at the mall for both food and alcohol. We carry our perishables back on the bus with us, and have everything else delivered.

Can you post water temps, both the pool and the Caribbean? The water here at Marco is around 65 degrees.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We walk up to Sorianos at the mall for both food and alcohol. We carry our perishables back on the bus with us, and have everything else delivered.

Can you post water temps, both the pool and the Caribbean? The water here at Marco is around 65 degrees.
Not sure where to find the temp

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
do you own week 52? Some Tuggers reported to have had a hard time booking week 52 even if they tried at midnight 12 months ahead
No we don't own week 52, just platinum+. Last year we were at the Royal Islander. This year found a great price on a studio at WLR and then booked 26 more days with my SVV options

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning our July trip. What is the best place for groceries and alcohol?
Our group: my husband and I, two adult children and spouse's and four grands, 5-15 years old.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
You can combine a grocery stop with your airport shuttle, if you book on advance. Around $30. We went to Costco for the beef and because we will be here awhile. There is also a Walmart and Sam's club, I believe.

Or as mentioned you can go to the soriana , we just walked there to pick up a few things.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I own week 51 - Christmas - at Lagunamar and have recently in the last few years just to try and move the event week block just a few days into week 52 or bump the time 1 week to get week 52. No dice. I used to be able to move it 12 months out and go New Years, but not anymore. I suspect they sold out all the week 52 event week inventory and it’s booked out rented out. Staroption inventory is now probably very rare.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own week 51 - Christmas - at Lagunamar and have recently in the last few years just to try and move the event week block just a few days into week 52 or bump the time 1 week to get week 52. No dice. I used to be able to move it 12 months out and go New Years, but not anymore. I suspect they sold out all the week 52 event week inventory and it’s booked out rented out. Staroption inventory is now probably very rare.
as far as i know only 1/2 of the 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'll be there in four weeks. Hopefully "winter" will be over by then.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
as far as i know only 1/2 of the 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks

I think you are right. It wouldn’t surprise me if Vistana or Marriott take the other 1/2.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
You can combine a grocery stop with your airport shuttle, if you book on advance. Around $30. We went to Costco for the beef and because we will be here awhile. There is also a Walmart and Sam's club, I believe.

Or as mentioned you can go to the soriana , we just walked there to pick up a few things.

We also schedule a stop at Costco on the way to the resort from the airport. We pick up beef, bacon and other large items like the mango juice. All other groceries we just walk down to Soriana at the mall.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This thread is funny to me. There are 2 conversations going on - one about grocery shopping and another about week 52. And neither discussion overlaps in content. Am I the only one who finds this humorous?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
In phase 1, half of weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks. In phase 2, ALL of weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
In phase 1, half of weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks. In phase 2, ALL of weeks 51 and 52 were sold as event weeks.
deleted

Last edited:

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should we do the owners update?
20000 points or $100 resort credit is the offer along with
2 breakfasts

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did one 2 years ago. $200 to be used towards excursions. We used it for Xel-Ha. We were right on 90 mins. No pressure to purchase.
2 breakfasts

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have also noticed a fairly significant rise in menu prices. My wife's favourite fig salad( Duo garden) was ,$145 last year and $250 this year.

I will try to post menu pics for Duna

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will try and get better pics. But looks 50 to 70% higher

Attachments

• IMG_6690.JPG
    IMG_6690.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have also noticed a fairly significant rise in menu prices. My wife's favourite fig salad( Duo garden) was ,$145 last year and $250 this year.

I will try to post menu pics for Duna
That is a big increase. It seems the resolution of the photos is pretty low, so I can't read the amounts even if I increase the size. We will be there in a little over a week and not looking forward to big increases like that. Though we rarely eat at the resort. We have done the Mexican buffet and breakfast buffet, but will probably skip them this time around. We might have an order of guacamole around the pool, but I may make some again this trip after picking up some avocados at Soriana. My only issue with that is they are usually rock hard and take four or five days to get soft enough for guacamole, that means we will be about ready to go home by they time I can make it.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
2 breakfasts
We always take the update there. It is very low pressure and the resort credit easily goes toward the special events we go to, like the Mexican Fiesta.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I agree that the owner's updates at Lagunamar are pretty low pressure.

My husband and I will be there in a couple of days. I would love to meet some Tuggers. If you would like to meet and chat pool side, please send me a PM.

Glorian

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished the update. They offered to take both of our EOY Units at Lagunamar as trade for 176000 Adventouras points, only needed to pay$32000.

Second offer was to swap one of our EOY for 148000 flex options and requalify our other EOY. Price was around $15000

Finally offered explorer 210000 hotel points and 1 week in a one bedroom for $2500ish. We thought about that as he said he could book us for wk 52 next year as he had inventory available, hmm