• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Confirmation after sending rescission letter?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I sent the rescission letter last week after reading around here, but didn't see if there's anything else I can/should do to try and confirm that they're processing it?

Thanks for helping save us a lot :)

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent the rescission letter last week after reading around here, but didn't see if there's anything else I can/should do to try and confirm that they're processing it?

They have no obligation to confirm or update or do anything beyond processing a timely submitted and correctly addressed rescission and issuing a 100% refund within 45 days (although it probably won't take that long).
It's the law, not a voluntary act of kindness or benevolence on their part; they will comply.

Do not call for a status update; no good can possibly come from any such (legally meaningless) phone conversation.
I assume you sent your rescission by certified U.S. mail, obtaining documentation of postmark date. Be patient. ;)

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad you found TUG in time to save a fortune!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...but didn't see if there's anything else I can/should do to try and confirm that they're processing it

If you paid with a credit card, you could monitor your card's activity to see if the money has been refunded.

But as was said before, be patient. It could legally take up to 45 days. In addition to not calling for any updates, as was also suggested above, watch out for any unknown phone calls coming your way. It could possibly be someone from the resort (after receiving your rescission letter) trying to convince you to change your mind about rescinding.

Jstowell555

Reaction score
Hi all,

We are sending a letter tomorrow. May I ask what wording you used? I’m so nervous about not saying the right thing in the letter. We are within our days and I am mailing it certified. People have told me to keep it very short.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are sending a letter tomorrow. May I ask what wording you used? I’m so nervous about not saying the right thing in the letter. We are within our days and I am mailing it certified. People have told me to keep it very short.
Just keep it simple. No explanations necessary. Just, I/We wish to cancel Contract #_________ dated __/__/____.
Signed__________Husband
Signed__________Wife

It really needn't be any more complex than this. Send a COPY of the signature page for ID purposes. Say that you'll send back their promotional materials under separate cover, ship it cheapest means. Mail the letter USPS Certified w/return receipt.

Go out for a drink.

Jim

Jstowell555

Reaction score
Just keep it simple. No explanations necessary. Just, I/We wish to cancel Contract #_________ dated __/__/____.
Signed__________Husband
Signed__________Wife

It really needn't be any more complex than this. Send a COPY of the signature page for ID purposes. Say that you'll send back their promotional materials under separate cover, ship it cheapest means. Mail the letter USPS Certified w/return receipt.

Go out for a drink.

Jim
Thank you so much!

Cooldon

Reaction score
I am currently on vacation in Vegas, I signed up SAPPHIRE RESORTS 5k credit EOY with $138 MF incl RCA for $2995. Not sure whether it is a good deal or not. Still debating l, if I decided to cancel can I hand deliver rescission to the address

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the number one reason to rescind is so you can take your time and do your research!

no matter what deal you were offered, it will ALWAYS be available to you a week/month/etc down the road, what will NOT be available to you after a few short days is the ability to cancel.

Cooldon

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. Can I hand deliver, I am currently staying couple blocks from sapphire resort office?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am currently on vacation in Vegas, I signed up SAPPHIRE RESORTS 5k credit EOY with $138 MF incl RCA for $2995. Not sure whether it is a good deal or not. Still debating l, if I decided to cancel can I hand deliver rescission to the address
Don't debate - CANCEL / RESCIND

RESCIND - prior TUG post by buyers of Sapphire Resorts** are not good.
Make sure you mail certified with a USPS return receipt .( as per information above ) KEEP ALL COPIES

Date mailed (proof is via dated receipt) is the requirement.

Hand deliver a (2nd copy) if you wish - BUT !!!
1) you will have no proof of receipt
2) someone will try to talk you into keeping this deal .

**- I believe Sapphire is a sub brand of Geo Holidays .
In my opinion - Geo is at best a third tier timeshare operation .
You can get Geo Points for $1 on ebay or similar and often with all transfer fees and a year or more's worth of point thrown in
for free .

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. Can I hand deliver, I am currently staying couple blocks from sapphire resort office?
Do you REALLY want them to have another shot at selling you? Do what you want, but I'd mail it Certified- that way you have proof of the mailing & postmark. Hand carrying it all you get is (hopefully) a signature that someone took it (who?)

Nevada has one of the shortest rescission periods and a whole passel of 'creative' ways to separate you from your money.

It's your call, and your money.

Jim

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will mail it and hand deliver. I am pretty much decided so now can change my mind now.

As Jim/Passepartout said, "It's your call, and your money." But if you hand deliver it, the people there will likely do the same to you as they did at the sales presentation. Except they will probably hound you into believing (albeit falsely) that you will face serious legal and financial consequences if you rescind. Or they will try to sweeten the deal by offering you some very low-value incentives if you change your mind.

If you follow the directions outlined by mailing your letter certified, then that will suffice. Going to the office will just complicate matters.

Reactions: DrQ

Balaji

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a similar question related to this thread...

Yes.. i was coerced into signing up for a vacation ownership plan with vistana on the 28th of January 2019 while on vacation to Orlando, Florida.
I returned back on the 30th and after some research (thanks to tugbbs) soon realized that what i had signed up for was not worth..so i sent in my rescind mail (certified USPS post) on the 2nd February, which was delivered on the 5th of February (well within the 10 day policy for rescinding)
Today i.e 11th February i get a mail from Vistana, asking me to complete the bank detail formalities for the loan processing.
I dont know what to make of it - should i keep quiet and ignore that? or should i call them and check on the status of my rescind request?

Thanks for helping...

Sparky16

Reaction score
As Jim/Passepartout said, "It's your call, and your money." But if you hand deliver it, the people there will likely do the same to you as they did at the sales presentation. Except they will probably hound you into believing (albeit falsely) that you will face serious legal and financial consequences if you rescind. Or they will try to sweeten the deal by offering you some very low-value incentives if you change your mind.

If you follow the directions outlined by mailing your letter certified, then that will suffice. Going to the office will just complicate matters.
I had same experience but missed 5 day window. What can I do now ??

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had same experience but missed 5 day window. What can I do now ??

It doesn't hurt to try. Send in your rescission letter anyway. What we do not recommend is looking for these companies that say they can "help" you get out of your contract.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
They have no obligation to confirm or update or do anything beyond processing a timely submitted and correctly addressed rescission and issuing a 100% refund within 45 days (although it probably won't take that long).
It's the law, not a voluntary act of kindness or benevolence on their part; they will comply.

Do not call for a status update; no good can possibly come from any such (legally meaningless) phone conversation.
I assume you sent your rescission by certified U.S. mail, obtaining documentation of postmark date. Be patient. ;)
My wife and I sent ours in before the 10 day period and today got the welcome email from Westgate I called and they said they received it and our account is inactive. Does that mean we are in the Blue and everything is good and we canceled it?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You should expect something in writing - a phone call means nothing, and we don't recommend calling them again.