• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the photos.
So sad to see over 1 year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Has anyone yet received 2019 maintenance fee statements for WSJ?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you hear any of the locals talking about the three donkeys and a dog that were shot over the weekend?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Did you hear any of the locals talking about the three donkeys and a dog that were shot over the weekend?

I saw that on a Facebook group. So upsetting.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

USPS informed delivery shows I should receive my SVV bill today, but nothing from WSJ yet.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Sadly.
Two donkeys - one was pregnant.
Dog was suffocated with plastic bag and left at ACC.
I hope they catch this Psychopath soon.

OCsun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom and Robin,
Thank you so much for all the great pictures and many suggestions. There is always a certain feel of adventure when we go to St. John, which is part of it's charm. Thanks to your detailed insight of what is happening on the island, we are looking forward to our annual family vacation in April.
Pam

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom and Robin,
Thank you so much for all the great pictures and many suggestions. There is always a certain feel of adventure when we go to St. John, which is part of it's charm. Thanks to your detailed insight of what is happening on the island, we are looking forward to our annual family vacation in April.
Pam

Pam

We had a great time and I am sure you will too. Once the Westin is open, the island will feel more "normal" with tourists on the island. The vegetation damage will take time.....3-5 years from now the trees will be doing so much better. I am not sure of the timetable for beaches like Cinnamon and Trunk, which needs the National Park Service to rebuild. By April. all the Cruz Bay waterfront shops will be done and open.

Tom

bonsai27

Reaction score

Nothing in WA area. Has anyone see or heard anything about opening on time? January or February? Kept my week in April but still uncertain.

Any updates?

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Bay Vista Statements and Assessments are up on the website

3 Bedroom Bay Vista Annual - $2763.81
3 Bedroom Bay Vista Bi-Annual (odd) - $1381.90

Overall an increase of $255.66/unit week a 12.4% increase compared to 2017 (final year before hurricane) -- Ouch, along with the $25/day tax (means 1 week x 7 x 25 - $175) means $425/year increase

Insurance Expense +$59 (expected)
Front Office Wages +58.30 - driven by allocation changes of hotel conversion (# of doors)
Housekeeping Wages +45.64 - driven by higher occupancy along with wage and benefit increases
Bad Deb Expense +$28 - increase in provision for non-paying accounts projected with hurricane
Engineering Wages $+28 - reflects in-house pool maintenance services along with merit increases

Additional notes - Sunset Bay has metal roofs to better withstand hurricanes. As you can recall they were trashed compared to other buildings. Can't believe they didn't think of this earlier...but not my phase of concern.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pool Villas $2,928.43

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sunset 2BR $3,167.77

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WSJ-VGV 2019 MFs just showed up online - they were not listed earlier today.
Due January 8th.

2Bd TH $2440.33
(2017: $2310.07)
5.54% increase as expected (over this 2 year period)

2016: $2332
2015: $2368
2014: $2383
2013: $2406
2012: $2449

So... about same MFs as 7 years ago.

Last edited:

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
$2,456.38 Coral Vista - 2 Bedroom
Was pleasantly surprised on this one, was anticipating more like Sunset Bay

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
$2,456.38 Coral Vista - 2 Bedroom
Was pleasantly surprised on this one, was anticipating more like Sunset Bay

It would be good to know what the 2017 comparison would be?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
With the reopening just around the corner, do we know what buildings are going to be open and what is still down and when those would reopen??

On a side note, I still have not yet received my WSJ SB MF notice yet....

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
On a side note, I still have not yet received my WSJ SB MF notice yet....

+1 or VGV MF statement (Or should I have said -1 :doh:). But I never received my tax bill either...

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail that the resort is opening in January:

Quote:

We couldn’t be more excited to reopen The Westin St. John Resort Villas in January after undergoing restoration to repair damage caused by Hurricanes Irma and Maria in September 2017. While the resort will reopen Jan. 4, 2019, there will be ongoing recovery through May.

Before we welcome Owners and Guests back, we want you to know about some important changes to the resort:
  • Check-in: To enhance your arrival time there are now three check-in facilities for your convenience. You may choose to check in at the Westin® reception lounge at the airport on St. Thomas, and if you have registered for the Westin Ferry, the staff will accept your bags and transport them directly to the resort. In addition, the new dockside Westin Waterfront Desk has been installed for seamless check-in, while a facility has been added to the first floor of the administrative building (formerly where the gift shop was located). The former reception area is being converted to an open-air sun terrace with umbrellas, tables and chairs, and Wi-Fi. The terrace is anticipated to open late January.
  • Private Westin Ferry: We invite you to utilize the beautiful new private Westin Ferry and enjoy the exclusive services that come with it, including unlimited trips to and from St. Thomas for shopping and exploring, and air-conditioned transportation (with Wi-Fi) from the airport to the Red Hook ferry dock directly to the private Westin dock. Click here for ferry prices and times.
  • Amenities: The main pool and lower Iguana pool will reopen in January; the upper Iguana pool will reopen when buildings 33 and 34 become available for occupancy in May 2019. Please note that the Iguana pools are ONLY available to registered Guests and Virgin Grand Owners who are currently staying in the Virgin Grand phase. The tennis courts will reopen April 30, 2019, with two of the courts converted into one multi-use court. All water sports amenities will also be available. Non-motorized water sport activities are complimentary (fees apply for snorkel gear).
  • Dining: Snorkels Bar & Grill will be the only operational restaurant when the resort opens, offering daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Marketplace at Great Cruz Bay is going away and Mango Deli will reopen in its former location, offering breakfast sandwiches, light fare and sundries. A new restaurant will open later in the year in the space formerly known as Lemongrass. If you prefer to prepare meals in your villa, the local markets are fully stocked or you may utilize the grocery pre-stock from Mango Deli.
  • Transportation: Both taxi service and car rentals are available on St. John and at the resort. If you plan to rent a car, we recommend that you do it on St. John as the car barges running between St. Thomas and St. John are fewer and smaller than prior to the storm. Wait times may be more than two hours to board the car barge, especially during the peak periods of travel.
  • Additional Bedding: To accommodate extra Guests there are sleeper sofas in all villas, however, rollaway beds are no longer available.

To provide a smooth, quick and easy check-in experience for you, please fill out and submit our Diamond Lane pre-arrival form at least seven days prior to your arrival date.

While visitors are being welcomed to the island, there are still some services that are not fully restored. The on-island medical clinic is still closed and the hospital on St. Thomas operates in a very limited capacity. If you have medical concerns, we recommend subscribing to an air ambulance evacuation service. Contact Owner Services for the names of independent providers.

The support we have received from Owners during this time has been overwhelming and we can’t wait to get back to what we do best: providing unforgettable vacations.

Sincerely,
samuel_hugli_sig.png

Sam Hugli
General Manager

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
2019 pricing for the Westin Ferry

• Adult: $120 round trip
  • Youth (ages 4-17): $90 round trip
  • Children (3 and under): complimentary
Prices subject to change without notice. Note that the Owner discount is available for two adults per Owner reservation.

The private taxi and ferry operate on set schedules. While waiting, you are invited to relax in the Westin Airport Lounge.

Westin Ferry Schedule

FERRY DEPARTURE TIMES

DEPART WESTIN DOCK DEPART RED HOOK
5:15 a.m. 6:00 a.m.
7:00 a.m. 7:30 a.m.
8:00 a.m. 8:30 a.m.
11:00 a.m. 2:15 p.m.
3:15 p.m. 4:15 p.m.
4:45 p.m. 5:30 p.m.
6:15 p.m. 7:15 p.m.
8:45 p.m. 10:45 p.m.
11:40 p.m.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Just received notification from my CC that my VGV tax bill payment went through...wow that's island time for ya!

sachia007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received notification from my CC that my VGV tax bill payment went through...wow that's island time for ya!

When did you pay it with the credit card? Online or did you mail in the slip?

I have not rec'd my MF statement (and never got tax bill either) - can someone tell me when MF bill due - can we do online?