• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Currently at Harborside.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Thanks for the info on Harborside. It sounds like we can do everything at Atlantis in 5 days.

Since we are flying from California we would spend at least a week to 10 days in the Caribbean. What do you suggest as a good next stop for 3 - 5 days? e.g. Miami, St John, Barbados, Aruba, or other? I am asking in terms of ease transfer flight schedules and cost from Nassau.

If you want to spend time in the Caribbean, try the Westin Lagunamar in Cancun. Lagunamar might be easier to find vacancies than other places like St John. Plus, you will be on your way home to CA if you go west. Nassau is not in the Caribbean Sea.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, full access to Atlantis without additional cost. The one thing you won't get by renting through an owner is internet access. That's part of Atlantis' $50/day 'resort fee'. Harborside owners (or renters from owners) don't pay the resort fee but if they want wifi they have to pay for it, something like $25 a day. You can prepay for 7 days or buy day by day.
I think you can buy the meal plan, but it doesn't make financial sense. Its doesn't really offer any discount versus menu prices. And since you have a functional kitchenette at HRA, most people do breakfast in their
unit. The meal plan is priced as if you were going to eat a full breakfast buffet every single morning and a full three course meal every single night. If you take it easy just one meal of the week, you're usually better off paying ala carte.
if you book with Staroptions, do you have to pay the $50/ day resort fee?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thanks for the info on Harborside. It sounds like we can do everything at Atlantis in 5 days.

Since we are flying from California we would spend at least a week to 10 days in the Caribbean. What do you suggest as a good next stop for 3 - 5 days? e.g. Miami, St John, Barbados, Aruba, or other? I am asking in terms of ease transfer flight schedules and cost from Nassau.

We are flying to Ft Lauderdale first and then taking Bahamas Air to Nassau two days later. We like it there and didn’t want to take a red eye to Nassau.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
if you book with Staroptions, do you have to pay the $50/ day resort fee?

No resort fee, but be prepared that they will put a $100/day hold on your credit card when you check in.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
No resort fee, but be prepared that they will put a $100/day hold on your credit card when you check in.

So if you rent from an owner, you would be considered an owner with a guest cert. and would not have the internet resort fee and the Atlantis bands are included, correct?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
So if you rent from an owner, you would be considered an owner with a guest cert. and would not have the internet resort fee and the Atlantis bands are included, correct?

Correct. (Although I have never done this.)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
so no internet fee either for staroption bookings?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
so no internet fee either for staroption bookings?

:eek::confused:o_O:doh:Oh no, no internet. Last I checked it was $25/day. I didn't even bother checking this time. Lots of restaurants have free wi-fi if you just need to check your email or FB. Senor Frogs, Margaritaville, Dunkin Donuts. Guess I should have said no mandatory resort fee.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Last time I was there the internet quality was terrible. I complained and got a refund. They said they would fix it, but nothing was ever done. My advice is don't sign up for a long term commitment - try it for a day or two and see if you really want to pay for it.

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
May I suggest flying back to Ft Lauderdale or Miami and then renting a car and going down to the Keys??? Key West is a blast and there are timeshares there, depending on the season you are traveling..........

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Last time I was there the internet quality was terrible. I complained and got a refund. They said they would fix it, but nothing was ever done. My advice is don't sign up for a long term commitment - try it for a day or two and see if you really want to pay for it.

Also, there is no discount for the longer term packages. As such, even if you know you want it for the full duration, it still makes sense to sign up daily since you may not be using it at the moment when each 24-hour period expires. This results in a short period each day when you aren’t signed up, and in my experience reduces the number of packages needed by 1 or 2 days.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
We're at Harborside now. The cost of internet is ridiculous.

Our AT&T mobile plan has an International Day pass for $10/day per device... and it uses your regular data plan (ours is unlimited). So we're using my tablet as a Hotspot to get internet access for less than 1/2 of what's charged by the resort. My tablet Hotspot allows up to 10 devices to connect. There are 5 adults with us and everyone agreed to pitch in...so just $2/day per person. Much more reasonable!

Sent from my TB-X704A using Tapatalk

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We're at Harborside now. The cost of internet is ridiculous.

Our AT&T mobile plan has an International Day pass for $10/day per device... and it uses your regular data plan (ours is unlimited). So we're using my tablet as a Hotspot to get internet access for less than 1/2 of what's charged by the resort. My tablet Hotspot allows up to 10 devices to connect. There are 5 adults with us and everyone agreed to pitch in...so just $2/day per person. Much more reasonable!

Sent from my TB-X704A using Tapatalk
Plus you're probably getting faster speeds. When I was on the resort's internet, I could't even stream a video without constant buffering delays. It was only good for e-mail and social media.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For basic internet, we go over to Anthony's Grill in the Paradise Island Shopping Plaza (across the street from Marina Village) during Happy Hour from 4-6PM. We enjoy their $9 calamari, shrimp, and wings, 1/2 price beer and cocktails, and their free wifi to check up on all the news from home - and TUG!

Last edited: