• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX Vidanta Grand Luxxe trades?

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried SFX about a decade ago - but never got what I was looking for. I'm wondering if anyone has had good experience with them trading into Grand Luxxe NV or RM for Xmas or New Years weeks in 2 bedroom or larger units. I thought about depositing a week with them to try for those weeks, but don't want to lose a trading week if the exchange just isn't going to happen.
Thanks in advance for any information!

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried SFX about a decade ago - but never got what I was looking for. I'm wondering if anyone has had good experience with them trading into Grand Luxxe NV or RM for Xmas or New Years weeks in 2 bedroom or larger units. I thought about depositing a week with them to try for those weeks, but don't want to lose a trading week if the exchange just isn't going to happen.
Not gonna happen for those weeks, other except Easter probably

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! I can almost always get these through RCI or II, so I have avoided SFX. I received a mailer from SFX recently and thought about giving them a try...

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I got a Christmas week in a 2 BR Grand Luxxe suite in NV for this year. Made the reservation on March 12th using an SFX bonus week. Cost a bit more than a normal exchange since it’s Xmas, but I expected that.

They’re more likely to have suites in NV than anything else because Vidanta really only does bulk deposits with them up to that level to satisfy owner needs for privilege weeks, where they act as a gatekeeper for the holiday weeks. They get availability about one year in advance, so it’s not worth checking before that. Probably not worth checking until a couple months into the year to let them get past owner privilege week requests, too. You can always call in the spring to see if they have availability before depositing a week with them.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a Christmas week in a 2 BR Grand Luxxe suite in NV for this year. Made the reservation on March 12th using an SFX bonus week. Cost a bit more than a normal exchange since it’s Xmas, but I expected that.

They’re more likely to have suites in NV than anything else because Vidanta really only does bulk deposits with them up to that level to satisfy owner needs for privilege weeks, where they act as a gatekeeper for the holiday weeks. They get availability about one year in advance, so it’s not worth checking before that. Probably not worth checking until a couple months into the year to let them get past owner privilege week requests, too. You can always call in the spring to see if they have availability before depositing a week with them.
Thanks!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've almost always gotten Christmas or New Years 2 BR GM weeks (Grand Bliss even). But I request at LEAST a year in advance.
I have gotten a GL once (?) for a 2 BR, but i booked late (like 9 months in advance) and there is an upcharge for holidays as well as the $299 upcharge for GL.

To be honest, getting Christmas weeks pretty much anywhere requires advance (as far as possible) booking.
You could also probably even call, see what's *currently* available and if there's something there, they'd probably hold it for you while you made your deposit.

But I'd start now for Christmas 2019.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I plan WAY in advance. I usually start my searches right at 2 years out for winter break. I'll be setting up my 2020 search in a few weeks. :). (High school teacher - I know when all my breaks are...)