• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flagged for no more points purchases

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
What the heck could prompt this?

I called in to make a developer purchase and I was told that they were not allowed to sell me points.

An aside: my sales rep has left Wyndham and I had a price lock

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
You doing it through a resort or telesales?
I can not imagine why they would not allow you to make a developer purchase, even more so if you have a price lock deal. Price lock should not go away just because rep did.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Have you ever rescinded on a purchase? If so thats my guess even if they have sold you points since then, you mighy have just got flagged late

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me Wyndham is doing you and your bank account a favor.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was denied purchasing 2 years ago at Bonnet Creek.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Interesting, but how about "the rest of the story?" Do you know why?

Reactions: DrQ

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Were you in the audit process at the time which eventually led to the agreement to divest your Wyndham points and never buy again?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Sounds like you have been put on the "Knows Ron Parise" list. :D

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hopefully they get a straight answer.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There may be more truth to the statement than you think about the person mentioned.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Knowing me wouldnt do it.. owning too many points, might

1.5 million

I do have to say that this has given me cause for concern. Maybe we shouldn't put any more money into Wyndham. I'm thinking that we shall just stay where we are. You just never know what Wyndham will do next.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
1.5 million

I do have to say that this has given me cause for concern. Maybe we shouldn't put any more money into Wyndham. I'm thinking that we shall just stay where we are. You just never know what Wyndham will do next.
I would want the person that told you about this to explain the reason as it seems to me if they flagged you for no more purchases from them they probably flagged you for other things that you need to understand.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Knowing me wouldnt do it.. owning too many points, might
Do you have a ball park figure on how many is too many?

As an outsider looking in, it seemed like owners of 5 million or more or 3 million+ along with using cancel/rebook/upgrade for most of their reservations. Owners with 2 million or less might have been audited especially if they cancelled a number of reservations and each time their points went up more than they should have but I don't know if they were ultimately forced out.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never used credit pool so my points were always returned to their UY.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
1.5 million

I think you will find that this is very temporary.
Way to much advertising on here for one telesales employee has probably resulted in that employees sales to be audited to see everything was on the up with no personal favors or kickbacks of $, the employee is no longer with Wyndham.

It’s not our place to get involved in how Wyndham manages their telesales offices, an individual on here tried to advise or tell Wyndham how telesales should be run

If you try to buy at a resort, you may very well get a different answer.
I really doubt if you will have problems longer term ounce your points purchase is cleared up.

My attorney ounce told me if you want a property purchase or any legal issue slowed down meaning to take longer.
Just get an attorney involved. Keep in mind Wyndham legal would be reviewing your case, thats why it’s taking as long as it is

Last edited:

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
1.5 million

I have two million and just bought one last contract (128k). All resale, no vip, and no rentals. No price lock, no Ovation use.

I’ll let you know if I have a problem but I doubt I hit any triggers, other than a lot of points.

It would be useful to know a bit about how you acquired the points and how you use them. Perhaps we can reverse engineer the issue.

antjmar

Reaction score
It would be useful to know a bit about how you acquired the points and how you use them. Perhaps we can reverse engineer the issue.

Agreed.
I'd like to do it so when the parking pass people at check in ask me to do an update I could reply I'd love to but corporate won't allow me to buy any more points! ;-)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It isn't unheard of for owners to selectively be told they are ineligible to attend an update for a gift even if they say they are wanting to buy. It isn't even uncommon for someone to be told no to an update one week and the next week being told it would be no problem to attend.
Some owners even are successful in calling and voluntarily put on a list not to be asked to attend although sometimes the parking desk might choose to ignore that notation.

It is very unusual to be told that you can not buy and I would think there would have to be some kind of significant issue for Wyndham to say no to $20,000+. Bendadin, was it a single agent that told you "no retail points for you" or was it multiple agents. Was the problem specific to honoring the price lock or added incentives beyond a simple points purchase or was it a problem with a sale at any cost. It isn't unheard of for sales agents to make deals that ultimately aren't honored by Wyndham. If the lock or additional "perks" was in the form of a fully executed contract, I would imagine you could go to court to enforce it. If it was not signed off properly than barring legal compulsion, Wyndham can decide that that particular agent didn't have the ability to make the deal that was offered.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Lots of speculation. It could be any number of reasons. I would imagine the sales person is telling them the truth, or at least what he believes is the truth. What would he gain by telling someone they cannot buy? I've heard a lot of different sales tactics that they try, but this would be a new (and risky) one. If the telesales rep didn 't go into detail, it's either because they do not have it, or legal told them to keep their mouth shut. That's not to say that it's a legal issue. Legal dictates a lot of what they can and cannot say to owners. They have a lot more visibility from corporate them the resorts do, because their calls are recorded. If they say the wrong thing, it could open them up to yet another law suit. I could speculate all day long, but in the end, someone from Wyndham is going to have to clear this up for them. There are only two instances I know of, of someone being denied buying points. The first was during the "Great audit of 2016". The second is if someone turned all their contracts into Ovations and is no longer an owner. If you used ovations, but still have contracts, this does not apply.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It isn't unheard of for owners to selectively be told they are ineligible to attend an update for a gift even if they say they are wanting to buy. It isn't even uncommon for someone to be told no to an update one week and the next week being told it would be no problem to attend.
Some owners even are successful in calling and voluntarily put on a list not to be asked to attend although sometimes the parking desk might choose to ignore that notation.

It is very unusual to be told that you can not buy and I would think there would have to be some kind of significant issue for Wyndham to say no to $20,000+. Bendadin, was it a single agent that told you "no retail points for you" or was it multiple agents. Was the problem specific to honoring the price lock or added incentives beyond a simple points purchase or was it a problem with a sale at any cost. It isn't unheard of for sales agents to make deals that ultimately aren't honored by Wyndham. If the lock or additional "perks" was in the form of a fully executed contract, I would imagine you could go to court to enforce it. If it was not signed off properly than barring legal compulsion, Wyndham can decide that that particular agent didn't have the ability to make the deal that was offered.

The sales manager signed off on it and while the price isn't a resort price, it was the going rate for telesales. I can't imagine that they would undo a contract from June, especially since others got a better price per thousand around that time. But then again, it is Wyndham.

I was in NYC in October. Horrible update, but they did see the price lock. I was in Clearwater in November. They never asked. I went to Reunion. They asked but said that they couldn't see an active contract. Bonnet Creek (checked in twice, but never asked and said I was on Do not update list.) I don't ever take a cash card anyway since I usually don't travel with my husband (he travels enough for work.) It is usually just me and my three youngest kids. That is what is ticking me off. So now I've added four of my eight children to a deed and now they can't buy if they choose to in the future. And the kids are aren't old enough to be on a deed might be totally locked out and they are the ones who love the resorts and been to 7 Wyndham resorts this year alone.

It wasn't until I called into telesales to buy 250k developer that they said I was on the Do Not Sell list. The incident that occurred between NYC and FL was that my telesales rep left the company.

I had also called in because I had 2 contracts get realigned (154k and 400k, ouch!) They took the points but kept the empty buckets in my account (so I can't borrow from my next UY because these 2 empty buckets are in the way and I can only rent.) I was told that IT had to fix that one but when I called in, they didn't even see a ticket or a case number. So Owner's Care does see the Do Not Sell order on my account.

I have always had a screwed up account. I ended up on someone else's account and deeds when Voyager took over. That one locked me out for a month. At least I have the screenshots. It also took 5 weeks to set up my new purchase in June. I had to fight to have them fix the coding for Club Pass and Perks (don't really know why I wanted to pay .02 more/1k.) The wiped out all of my RCI searches in the conversion. I also have the letters with Ownership Summary that is addressed to someone else (that I don't know.) It has all of my contracts AND her contract on that page. So add the loss of points due to realignment and the empty buckets preventing me from using my points and I have to ask myself WHY DO I WANT TO PURCHASE MORE POINTS?

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of speculation. It could be any number of reasons. I would imagine the sales person is telling them the truth, or at least what he believes is the truth. What would he gain by telling someone they cannot buy? I've heard a lot of different sales tactics that they try, but this would be a new (and risky) one. If the telesales rep didn 't go into detail, it's either because they do not have it, or legal told them to keep their mouth shut. That's not to say that it's a legal issue. Legal dictates a lot of what they can and cannot say to owners. They have a lot more visibility from corporate them the resorts do, because their calls are recorded. If they say the wrong thing, it could open them up to yet another law suit. I could speculate all day long, but in the end, someone from Wyndham is going to have to clear this up for them. There are only two instances I know of, of someone being denied buying points. The first was during the "Great audit of 2016". The second is if someone turned all their contracts into Ovations and is no longer an owner. If you used ovations, but still have contracts, this does not apply.
He He used a couple of times. Are you involved in Bendadins problems? You seem to have a lot of first hand knowledge. I know people that couldn’t buy for awhile that didn’t have any of the situations you pointed out. All worked out well for them in the end and their happy owners today

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
He He used a couple of times. Are you involved in Bendadins problems? You seem to have a lot of first hand knowledge. I know people that couldn’t buy for awhile that didn’t have any of the situations you pointed out. All worked out well for them in the end and their happy owners today

I am familiar, but those two scenarios I pointed out had nothing to do with familiarity of her situation in particular. The audit is common knowledge to anyone that's been here awhile, and the thing about Ovations I learned from the Ovations person I spoke to. Someone had mentioned that you would be barred from buying more points if you used Ovations. I called Ovations to get some clarity (Ha!).

I have no doubt she will be fine. I was merely pointing out the only two scenarios I know of, that would cause someone to be denied buying points. I have no doubt, there are others, but those were two that i know of, that were not mentioned here. Neither apply to benadins situation, but it might apply to someone later on who has a similar issue, but with a different cause (maybe they used Ovations).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Now you know three. Well before the 2016 suspensions, I was told the same thing