• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Time

MrDavch

Reaction score
I just agreed and signed all paperwork on my first purchase into HGVC. Was wondering if anyone knows how long the ROFR process is taking at this time.

I’ve read they have 30 days to exercise their option. Just curious if it comes back sooner or do they take the whole 30 days.

I hope it goes through. I heard I’m getting a really good deal.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would plan on the waiting the full 30 days during the holiday/end of year.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
I just agreed and signed all paperwork on my first purchase into HGVC. Was wondering if anyone knows how long the ROFR process is taking at this time.

I’ve read they have 30 days to exercise their option. Just curious if it comes back sooner or do they take the whole 30 days.

I hope it goes through. I heard I’m getting a really good deal.

We got a reply in about 14 days. Up to the resort unfortunately.........

Jadida5

Reaction score
I signed a contract for a south beach property 11/20. I got notice today, dec 4th, that Hilton exercised their right of first refusal. Good luck with yours.

MrDavch

Reaction score
I signed a contract for a south beach property 11/20. I got notice today, dec 4th, that Hilton exercised their right of first refusal. Good luck with yours.

What were the terms to yours?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Up to the resort unfortunately...

Not the resort, but rather bean-counters at the HGVC's corporate office in Orlando.
They plug it into a machine which chugs+beeps, lights flash, and 2-4 weeks later...

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Actual surprised about that as I haven’t seen it have any resale value in a long time. I see from another thread post it was for 3400 points. I recently gifted mine and it went thru. I had to sign an affidavit it was a gift which it was since I received no money. You might be able to find someone thru tug if you place a want ad in the tug marketplace that is looking to find a new home for it as they no longer use it and will gift it to you.

Keep trying you should be able to get 3400 points for free.

Jadida5

Reaction score
How many points?

I’m closing on 7000 points gold season $3000 @ the boulevard

3400 annual points in gold season. They will probably like your purchase price. I think mine was to low for them.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

cas42021

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed a contract for Ocean 22 on 12/11/18 and was notified of ROFR on 12/21/18. This is not a Hilton owned property, so not sure how much that may affect the timeline for a response.

MrDavch

Reaction score
When you receive your 2019 MF bill for 3 Bd Boulevard, can you post the information in out MF Sticky?
Will do if it passes. Looks like they want to take the full time on this one. I signed on Dec 2nd.