• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana views from a BALCONY - Post your best photos!

taffy19

Reaction score
That's a nice view from an OV unit. I would say that is on par with the lower floor views at Hyatt Residences down the beach which they call OF but actually overlook the pool then the ocean.
They can call it what they want but the condos are deeded as ocean view or mountain view condos only. The sales department never mentioned oceanfront views in the beginning and the brochure describes it too. The mountain views are not even marked on the brochure.

Were you there recently and the sales people told you that? Did you see a different brochure from the one I linked to?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Were you there recently and the sales people told you that? Did you see a different brochure from the one I linked to?

We were there 18 months ago. That is what the salesmen said. I presume the lips were moving...

taffy19

Reaction score
We were there 18 months ago. That is what the salesmen said. I presume the lips were moving...
Thanks. It was a different company then so that explains it. I wonder now what the next change will be?

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Westin Nanea Unit 1608 (Day and Sunset view (March)):
1608-Day.jpg

1608-Sunset.jpg

Westin Nanea Unit 1611 (Head on and Angled (Dec)):

1611-Headon.jpg

1611-Angled.jpg

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
Nanea Room 1608. Just arrived 01/10

Attachments

• 680D26B4-8ED4-4699-A4E2-DC5798ABE50B.jpeg
    680D26B4-8ED4-4699-A4E2-DC5798ABE50B.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 130

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We've been to the Westin Los Cabos Resort and Spa twice - once in February 2018 and just last week in January 2019. I thought I would post the two views for everyone's comparison of the good and the not-so-good.

First, February 2018:
20180210_Los Cabos_7185.jpg

Second, January 2019:
IMG_0229.JPG

For both trips, we were on four night sales promo packages, but in 2018, we added on a single paid night for five nights total. That's why I think we got the great view. For 2019, we just had four promo nights and stayed the other three nights with HGVC points at Fiesta Americana Cabo, hence we got the standard promo package view.

The resort was still great, but the view just wasn't as good.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
The resort was still great, but the view just wasn't as good.

I might be in the minority, but I think any view that includes bright blue skies, green grass, shimmering water in January or February is a GREAT view!

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might be in the minority, but I think any view that includes bright blue skies, green grass, shimmering water in January or February is a GREAT view!
I would be pleased to post a few of those views but I don't know how to do it. I use an Iphone- is there a tutorial or thread here on how to it?

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
I would be pleased to post a few of those views but I don't know how to do it. I use an Iphone- is there a tutorial or thread here on how to it?
If you are posting from a Windows PC, save the image to your PC, then click the "upload a file" button (next to Post Reply), then select the image that you have saved, then select "Close" after you have selected the image. Choose the option to upload the full image, instead of just the thumbnail, then add your text, then click "Post Reply". Can't help if you are uploading from a Mac or from an mobile device!

Attachments

• Nanea Balcony View Feb 2019.png
    Nanea Balcony View Feb 2019.png
    807.2 KB · Views: 96

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Just saw this...
Super easy to post photos here (or TUG in general) from an iPhone.

If you take a lot of photos - you may want to create a photo album (w/ name) for photos that you want to upload.

Download the TapaTalk App (Free)
Use the standard approach for signing up and find TUG on TapaTalk.

For this specific thread (or any) - post within the thread (like normal - new post or reply).
At the bottom of the screen is a standard image icon.
Tap the image icon (also have choice of camera and other links)
It will bring up All Photos (at top left is back button that will take you to albums)
Choose image to insert.
Choose size.
Save

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORN, not a view FROM our balcony but OF the balcony over looking the children's pool and play area. Second floor, right hand side, directly above the small poolside building. I believe it was room 2226. Needless to say, it was extremely noisy, with absolutely no privacy. We asked to be moved after the first day and they kindly did, to a much quieter room 7273, with a partial ocean view on the north side of the property that overlooks the open field. I will remember to ask to not have a room facing the children's pool area again. We were pretty late checking in and this was all they had available that first night.

westin-kaanapali-pirate-ship-pool.jpg

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
WKORN, not a view FROM our balcony but OF the balcony over looking the children's pool and play area. Second floor, right hand side, directly above the small poolside building. I believe it was room 2226. Needless to say, it was extremely noisy, with absolutely no privacy. We asked to be moved after the first day and they kindly did, to a much quieter room 7273, with a partial ocean view on the north side of the property that overlooks the open field. I will remember to ask to not have a room facing the children's pool area again. We were pretty late checking in and this was all they had available that first night.

Now I get it! Whew! They way you capitalized "OF", I read it as "OceanFront" and was thinking how in the world is this OF. ;)

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

I have an IPhone and you don’t have to have TapTalk to upload a photo.

Just go to the text box like you are going to post a reply. Under the text box, right next to Post Reply button is Upload a File button. Just hit that and it will walk you through it. After the file is uploaded, you will see the picture below the text box, I always hit the load full picture button and it will put the photo in the text box. Otherwise there is just an attachment that people have to open to see the photo. That’s how I do photos anyway.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
WKORVN Balcony View Feb 2019.jpg

At Nanea last week, WKORVN this week. Here is the view from room 7367.