• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Still going on vacation - just not where I thought I was going

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
So I made a trade (a final eplus trade) in late Oct of 2017, going to Sedona - a two bedroom Villas of Sedona unit. Last night I received an email from Diamond Resorts about our upcoming trip. Color me confused. I checked my original confirmation from II and sure enough, we are going to Sedona Summit. I am sure that I looked into Villas at some point because I was happy with their sleeping arrangements for a large party, but at some point I must have had a brain fart and booked Sedona Summit. No big deal as only one of our daughters is traveling with us. They say that memory is the first thing to go...I hope this is not a sign of things to come, lol.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So I made a trade (a final eplus trade) in late Oct of 2017, going to Sedona - a two bedroom Villas of Sedona unit. Last night I received an email from Diamond Resorts about our upcoming trip. Color me confused. I checked my original confirmation from II and sure enough, we are going to Sedona Summit. I am sure that I looked into Villas at some point because I was happy with their sleeping arrangements for a large party, but at some point I must have had a brain fart and booked Sedona Summit. No big deal as only one of our daughters is traveling with us. They say that memory is the first thing to go...I hope this is not a sign of things to come, lol.
I am sure you will have a great time, it looks lovely. Maybe you will end up happier with your error. Enjoy!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awww. As a Villas owner, I'm sorry. Enjoy Sedona with your daughter anyway.

Jim

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I bid on an eBay timeshare 1 time without knowing what timeshare I would actually get if I won. The description specified 1 timeshare & the pictures showed a different timeshare a mile or so down the street. We were semi-familiar with both from taking timeshare sales tours at each.

I figured we would be happy with either of those if we ended up high bidder, so I sat there with my hand on the clicker as the final seconds started ticking down. (It was before the modern era of eSnipe & HidBid, etc.)

When the dust settled, I was the eBay auction winner -- for about $1,500 below my maximum bid. Plus, it turned out to be the timeshare I wanted, Cypress Pointe Resort Grand Villas Phase II, Orlando FL (more recently renamed Grande Villas Resort).

The other timeshare that would have been OK if we won that was Grand Beach Resort, just down Florida S.R. 535 on the other side of I-4 (across from Vistana Orlando).

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Awww. As a Villas owner, I'm sorry. Enjoy Sedona with your daughter anyway.

Jim
I was looking forward to staying at the property. I am still shaking my head about this. I was *so sure* that we were staying there. :D

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be worse - at least you'll be in the same city.

I'm sure people have booked the Cancun resort in Vegas thinking they'll be going to Mexico, or the Vistana Key West resort planning to go the Keys not Orlando. Lahaina Inn on Ft Myers Beach would be another one.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Could be worse - at least you'll be in the same city.

I'm sure people have booked the Cancun resort in Vegas thinking they'll be going to Mexico, or the Vistana Key West resort planning to go the Keys not Orlando. Lahaina Inn on Ft Myers Beach would be another one.

Or Tahiti Village. It's a very loooong way from French Polynesia. :)

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or Tahiti Village. It's a very loooong way from French Polynesia. :)

Dave
Having been to both locations, that would be a big bummer!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It could be worse. I heard about a woman who didn't realize she had booked a flight for Panama City, Panama not the Florida Panama City she thought she was booking. She was shocked and confused when she got off the plane in a foreign country! Not sure how she managed to get on an international flight and not realize she was leaving the country. I still get a laugh out of that one when I do something kind of dumb and want to put what I did in perspective.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On my list of stupid things....one time I was shopping flights for dd and dh and was looking at one-way tickets. I found a great price and booked it....it was for the right day but wrong direction. I booked the going to ticket correct but the return opposite of what it should of been....cost me the change fee but did get them on the right flight coming home

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
On my list of stupid things....one time I was shopping flights for dd and dh and was looking at one-way tickets. I found a great price and booked it....it was for the right day but wrong direction. I booked the going to ticket correct but the return opposite of what it should of been....cost me the change fee but did get them on the right flight coming home

Last year, I booked my winter vacation flights for Cabo to Los Angeles for the flight to Cabo from Los Angeles. The trip ended up costing an extra $800 for the 4 ticket changes. Fortunately, I caught the mistake about 6 months before the flight... That was an expensive mistake...

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These stories are kind of my worst nightmare. I use Tripit to help me keep things sorted out, but I still worry that I will mess something up. If I hadn't received this email I would have driven to Villas of Sedona for sure. And actually I didn't notice the email from Diamond, it was the Tripit email that got my attention.

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I once put in an SFX request for Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta and got confirmed into Grand Luxxe in Rivera Maya. I didn’t notice the discrepancy until the day prior. Oy, we were flying to PV and our reservation was for Cancun! Huge kudos to SFX for straightening it out for us. But literally we didn’t get word that we had a confirmed exchange to Nuevo Vallarta until we were on the jetway boarding the plane to PV!

We’ve stayed at Sedona Summit. It’s nice.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
These stories are kind of my worst nightmare. I use Tripit to help me keep things sorted out, but I still worry that I will mess something up. If I hadn't received this email I would have driven to Sedona Springs for sure. And actually i didn't notice the email from Diamond, it was the Tripit email that got my attention.

We are checking in at Ridge on 15th, DRI has called me twice in the past week wanting to “verify” my upcoming reservation. I don’t take the calls, she just leaves a message. I print my II confirmations and add the reservation to my ipad calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It could be worse. I heard about a woman who didn't realize she had booked a flight for Panama City, Panama not the Florida Panama City she thought she was booking. She was shocked and confused when she got off the plane in a foreign country! Not sure how she managed to get on an international flight and not realize she was leaving the country. I still get a laugh out of that one when I do something kind of dumb and want to put what I did in perspective.
Not unlike the passenger who boarded a flight to Auckland instead of Oakland. .......

Oakland, He Said, but He Went to Auckland Instead

He apparently didn't realize his mistake until they announced a stop in Tahiti. Boggles the mind, since LAX to Tahiti is 8+ hours and LAX-Oak is about one hour. But maybe he fell asleep. :shrug:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are checking in at Ridge on 15th, DRI has called me twice in the past week wanting to “verify” my upcoming reservation. I don’t take the calls, she just leaves a message. I print my II confirmations and add the reservation to my ipad calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I sent my friend's daughter and son-in-law to the Ridge for their honeymoon about 5 years ago. They are still getting calls on their cellphone from Diamond. Diamond is even using spoofed numbers so they can't be blocked. The kids have been good sports about it (and I believe that they gave them their number at check in - I know I didn't) but I'm still unhappy that it's been happening. Thanks for the reminder to not give them our cell numbers.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We stayed at Sedona Summit a few years ago and really liked it. It was a very nice unit, looked to be recently renovated. We stayed the second week at Hyatt Pinon Point, which was also nice, just different nice. I would say Sedona Summit is on pat with Hyatt quality. I think you will be happy with it.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in my commercial driving days, I was dispatched to Cambridge MA with a load of frozen potatoes from Idaho. So I took off as was usual at the time, and after whatever it was, probably 3-4 days of trucking across I-80, I was well into N.E. Pennsylvania the day before delivery, and because I'd never been to the warehouse listed both on my computer and on the bills of lading, I picked up the phone to call the receiver for directions. I had worked for several years out of an office in Massachusetts, so knew the general lay of the land fairly well, and when the receiver told me I just 'couldn't miss' the place, after all, it was right on Route 50- I knew I was in trouble- I just couldn't place a 'Route 50' anywhere around Boston- which Cambridge is nudged right up next to. Then it dawned on me, I'd dialed area code 301 to call the receiver! Maryland! Some genius had put the state abbreviation of MA on the bills instead of MD for Maryland. Fortunately I was only about 300 miles out of route and it didn't take much back-tracking to get to Cambridge, Maryland on the Del-Mar-Va Peninsula East of Annapolis for my delivery the next morning.

Yet another learning experience.

Jim

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

That was a good one. An International Flight must have more checks. However, with the constant changes in TSA screening and differences between TSA Pre and Regular I could see her thinking that this was just another change in screening. One day is shoes on, the next off in a bin, the next off and not in a bin. One day is coats and jackets on, the next day coats and jackets off. One day take out electronics, the next day leave them in. One day take under 3 oz. liquids out and put them in a quart bag, the next day leave them in and you can leave disinfectant gels on your body. One day in take everything out of your pockets including tissues, papers and money, the next day only take out metals.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's a common thing, I think, to sometimes get confused on details. Part of being human, I think.

Just yesterday, I got all set to go tour a new gym they're building in my area. They're having Open House tours of the place for the public prior to the official opening. I wanted to make sure this is a gym I wanted to join, having already explored the other options here. So I get ready, insist my spouse put down the TV remote and join me, and off we go. We arrive at the place right on time, and...

Nobody is there. Just the workmen building the facility. I drive around, finally find a guy in a hardhat, and I ask about the tour, where do we go, and such. He gave me one of those polite but pained expressions one has when dealing with a child, or someone who is obviously off their rocker, and says, "That's next weekend."

As Homer Simpson says, "Doh!" :confused::oops::eek::rolleyes::(

Luckily, I saved the day by taking us out to lunch. Whew! Dodged the bullet... :D

Dave

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
Back in my commercial driving days, I was dispatched to Cambridge MA with a load of frozen potatoes from Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were those Ore-Ida potatoes?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I worked at a semi-new government agency that opened a regional headquarters in Charleston, W.Va. To get up & running in that location they recruited an administrative chief from an established agency in a related department. He told his wife the news. "Honey, we're moving to Charleston."

"Great," she said. "I always wanted to live in South Carolina."

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Deleted]

Last edited:

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I sent my friend's daughter and son-in-law to the Ridge for their honeymoon about 5 years ago. They are still getting calls on their cellphone from Diamond. Diamond is even using spoofed numbers so they can't be blocked. The kids have been good sports about it (and I believe that they gave them their number at check in - I know I didn't) but I'm still unhappy that it's been happening. Thanks for the reminder to not give them our cell numbers.

We returned home from 10 days of travel to find four or five messages from Diamond regarding our upcoming stay at Mystic Dunes. We don't have an upcoming stay at Mystic Dunes. Must have been the week we deposited, but they still had our phone number attached to what I assume is the exchangers name (Isabella). I called the number back just to get them to stop with the messages. They ask if the email they had was mine. It wasn't. Guess they are emailing Isabella now.

Sheila

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
It could be worse. I heard about a woman who didn't realize she had booked a flight for Panama City, Panama not the Florida Panama City she thought she was booking.

Back when I was flying all over the place for work I flew into Birmingham, AL when I really wanted to be in Mobile, AL. I didn't realize I was in the wrong place until I was outside the terminal on my way to pick up my rental car. I immediately turned around a was running back when a guy who had just gotten out of a limo held the door open for me. It was Bo Jackson! After I returned the car keys to Avis I went to the Delta counter who set me up on a flight to Atlanta to connect to a flight to Mobile. After running and just making the plane and getting into my seat I realized it was the same seat I had just left and I was sitting next to the same guy I was next to on my DFW - Birmingham flight...

George