• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PB Emerald Bay

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
So far, I really like this resort. We decided to do the all inclusive this week and so far, we really like it. The food here is really good but some in our group have mentioned their food was too cold. Since I'm having fish usually it hasn't been a problem for me.

We were upgraded to a three bedroom villa but we decided we would rather be in the resort area in the penthouse. The villas are nice but are too far away from the main pools. If we were not doing the a.i. this week I think the villa would have been where we stayed.

bill

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, I really like this resort. We decided to do the all inclusive this week and so far, we really like it. The food here is really good but some in our group have mentioned their food was too cold. Since I'm having fish usually it hasn't been a problem for me.

We were upgraded to a three bedroom villa but we decided we would rather be in the resort area in the penthouse. The villas are nice but are too far away from the main pools. If we were not doing the a.i. this week I think the villa would have been where we stayed.

bill
Bill

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,
Thanks for your post. I'll be staying there next summer. Is there a particular building you'd recommend with good views of ocean and pool?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you feel like an outing, take a taxi to Roy's. It's VERY close- just further than I want to walk. I think Thursday is Steak night. $10 Rib Eyes. Or at the end of the road is Playa Bruja (Witches Beach), Excellent margaritas and live rock & roll- and the food's good too.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill,
Thanks for your post. I'll be staying there next summer. Is there a particular building you'd recommend with good views of ocean and pool?

We didn't get to pick our room. It is a three bedroom penthouse with a limited view of the ocean and a direct whew to a koi pond and waterfall. The one bedroom section of the unit is kind of odd as it has no deck. The two studio parts of this unit do have decks. I do not really like the layout of the one bed section that much. It really needs a deck.

The resort very beautiful. The buffet is good if you like bland buffet food. The bistro restaurant has the best food,imo. There is sushi here. California rolls and dorado are other things we like. The pool food is fast foods but there is a shrimp cocktail or a cerviche that is really good.

If you can get into a building on the ocean or above the second floors you should have a view.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you feel like an outing, take a taxi to Roy's. It's VERY close- just further than I want to walk. I think Thursday is Steak night. $10 Rib Eyes. Or at the end of the road is Playa Bruja (Witches Beach), Excellent margaritas and live rock & roll- and the food's good too.
E
Jim

Next week we head to Torre. I really Torre. Do you know of any good seafood restaurants in the Torre area ? This week we are doing the ai at Emerald Bay.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next week we head to Torre. I really Torre. Do you know of any good seafood restaurants in the Torre area ? This week we are doing the ai at Emerald Bay.

Bill
Ahhh. Same deal. ride the Cerritos Bus out to the end. Roy's & The Last Drop & a coffee roaster (forgot the name) is straight ahead and Playa Bruja is to the left at that end of the road. Or it's a 50 peso taxi or collectivo to the door- Pulmonia are higher. The buses slow drastically about 10 p.m. Use taxis after that. Good seafood at any of them. And the restaurant at Torres is arguable the best Sunday Brunch in Maz. Pick up a 'Pacific Pearl' newspaper for coupons & schedule of specials. We'll be at Torres in January before a second week in Centro Historico. Don't use the stand-alone 'Bank' ATM in front of Torres. We had a card compromised there. Use one at a bank instead.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I really am not an all inclusive person and I doubt that I do the ai ever again. The food was not fantastic in any way. The mixed drinks were not great either but the service and presentation were pretty good. The entertainment really is lacking at this resort. The Carnival Fiesta was about 30 minutes of little kids playing musical chairs. It really sucked. There was no stage so the actual dancers did their routin on the floor and no one could see them unless they were in the front tables.

The resort grounds are beautiful but the rooms are oddly designed.

Room service was ok.

The location is very remote. I'm not a big fan of this resort.

There is no way to use a hdmi hookup n the tv to stream anything as all of the tv have been modified. The internet was decent. The fitness center Is really nice.

Bill

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The location is very remote. I'm not a big fan of this resort.
We felt pretty much the same. Ho-Hum. We didn't do A/I, preferring to either cook in (on the 2 burner cooktop and no oven) or take a taxi out. We won't go back there. I should say the grounds are very nice and the burgers around the pools are tasty.
Bill knows I sort of adopted Mazatlan (Fern may have helped) back in the 1980's and it's a rare year we don't go to visit friends and see the changes. But once was enough at PBEB. I'll be back in January this year.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the first trip to Mexico without a rental car or us. Since we were all inclusive we didn't go anywhere too far from the resort. The morning walks had us walking to the Surfs Up restaurant about a mile north on the beach. One day we did go to old town. Yup. It looked the same. We had six people in our group so entertainment was mostly hanging out having a good time.

It was a fun week that went by very quick.

My wife and I might go back some day. It isn't my first pick for a Mazatlan resort but it is in the top 3.

Bill

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
How much was the taxi fare from or to the airport? My son and wife will be going to PBEB in May and wondered if the shuttle would be cheaper than the taxi. It is $28 USD PP for RT for the shuttle.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much was the taxi fare from or to the airport? My son and wife will be going to PBEB in May and wondered if the shuttle would be cheaper than the taxi. It is $28 USD PP for RT for the shuttle.

It was 400 pesos ( $20.00 usd) from the Torres to the airport. It is likely about 500 ( $25.00 usd)pesos leaving the airport. The Torres is about a few miles from PB EB. I was told by some one that the cost from the airport is a little bit higher than the cost to the airport.

We took the PB shuttle from the airport. The thing I didn't like was that the shuttle is actually a large bus and it took along time to check in because of all the people getting off at once. The bus was only half full because we checked in on a Monday. If I ever do this again it would be taxi from the airport to beat the line.

The same would happen returning to the airport using the shuttle. There would likely be a long line. We took a taxi to the airport from the Torres and there wasn't any lines. The other thing about the return trip to the airport, a taxi takes about 35 minutes. The PB bus is slower, imo, maybe 45 minutes.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phyllis, we use King David tour's airport shuttle. It's $22 pp USD round trip. Order it online & pay by card. They are just flawless. They meet you at the coffee bar in the airport as soon as you exit Customs. There are ATMs near to get pesos. http://www.kingdavid.com.mx/airtrans.htm

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I heard nothing but good things about King David transportation. Out group was AI and the Pueblo Bonito Bus was included. Our group was too large for a regular cab.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What did any of you pay for the AI?

We paid $57 usd per day or $399 for the week for each person. This includes most food items at all of the restaurants and bar, the exception being steaks and lobster. It also includes most of the alcohol. I will admit it was kind of nice but after a few days it was totally boring. The food isn't 5 star, maybe 3 star at best. The service is 5 star and the views are definitely 5 star but the food is only so so, imo.

One owner told me their ai was only $35 per day. Their group was in their 70's. I don't know if was age or ownership level that brought their ai price down.

Bill

kwinky

Reaction score
$37 a day is their senior rate (60 and over) for owners that attend an owner's lunch, non senior rate is $44 per day. I never felt entitled to gourmet food quality for those prices. I probably drink $30 a day at the pool bar. They do offer a premium package which includes the top shelf liquors. For the rates I pay if I grab a meal in town I'm OK with that too. Incidently, you can make reservations for Angelos (included in AI) at PB Mazatlan, which is a pretty decent Italian restaurant or Casa 46 (in the central square) for a $15 upcharge.

The resort is a ways from the heart of the golden zone but it's nice to be able to walk the beach without being constantly accosted by vendors. The free shuttle into town is a nice option.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$37 a day is their senior rate (60 and over) for owners that attend an owner's lunch, non senior rate is $44 per day. I never felt entitled to gourmet food quality for those prices. I probably drink $30 a day at the pool bar. They do offer a premium package which includes the top shelf liquors. For the rates I pay if I grab a meal in town I'm OK with that too. Incidently, you can make reservations for Angelos (included in AI) at PB Mazatlan, which is a pretty decent Italian restaurant or Casa 46 (in the central square) for a $15 upcharge.

The resort is a ways from the heart of the golden zone but it's nice to be able to walk the beach without being constantly accosted by vendors. The free shuttle into town is a nice option.

None of us are Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay owners. One of our friends traded a PB Sunset Beach into RCI to get the penthouse. I think there are different AI rates for different reservations maybe. The all inclusive we had did not include transportation but did include internet, shuttle rides, restaurants at the other PB and room service. Room service had a $3 usd surcharge. Transportation was about $24 usd round trip on a bus. This all inclusive package was pre-arranged by the reservation holder.

Bill

kwinky

Reaction score
Does a King David shuttle pick up at the front entrance? I've used the PB shuttle, which was on time both ways and have been on King David for a one way move. King David looks to be cheaper but was unresponsive to my emails when I was going to use them previously.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does a King David shuttle pick up at the front entrance?
Yes. With either airport transport, you have to use the golf carts to get from your villa to the main entrance- there isn't room for larger vehicles. I can't speak to their responsiveness to your emails. I've found them to be very professional and have used them for many years for shuttles and tours and outings for groups of any size.

kwinky

Reaction score
Yes. With either airport transport, you have to use the golf carts to get from your villa to the main entrance- there isn't room for larger vehicles. I can't speak to their responsiveness to your emails. I've found them to be very professional and have used them for many years for shuttles and tours and outings for groups of any size.

I will probably look into King David next time I go to Mazatlan. No complaints about PB shuttle other than it is more expensive.