• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, parking is a separate charge. The $20/day is right on the RCI website. I just don't how how they calculate it (for the whole interval vs. days you'll be occupying it)

I'm assuming II does this as well, but don't know for sure.

II does not indicate anything about a $20 per day charge. It must be RCI only.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on 232B, I’d make the assumption that it is the same size unit. If it is, 232B does not have any windows. It is located at the very end of the hall at the opposite end of the building. I believe it’s about 500 square feet of space.

The reason 432B would have windows but not 232B is because of the building connected to it. It is at least 2 stories so 232 would be blocked. It is not more than 3 stories so 432 should have windows. Other than that they are probably identical.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an II reservation in unit 408. Two bedroom, one bath limited kitchen it says.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We checked in to Unit 427 Saturday PM (11/24). Traffic was a mess even before we got off I-10. There was a wreck at the Canal St. Exit so we go off at Orleans Ave. After that, I'm not sure what happened because we mostly were forced to take streets we didn't want to take. Eventually made it on to Iberville heading toward the river. From there, a right on Decatur, right on Canal, and right on Chartres. Check in was easy as always and two men and my wife got things into the unit and stowed while I parked the car.

So, right on Iberville, right on Canal and right on Bourbon -- ooops, there's a police barricade on Bourbon so no right turn there. Continue on Canal to a right on Dauphine, right on Iberville. From there to the garage by Dickie Brennan's Steak House took about twenty minutes per block. Crossing Bourbon Street by car on Saturday night has to be right up there with things that are close to impossible. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is always the Bayou Classic (Southern v. Grambling) so the French Quarter was loaded. Now, on Monday, things seem to have returned to normal, normal being a relative term. I'm don't think "normal" and New Orleans ever belong in the same sentence.

Bummer! Daisy Duke's was closed for remodeling, supposed to re-open today.

Quarter House does an amazing job of doing some upgrades to units while still keeping maintenance fees under control. We hadn't occupied Unit 427 since 2016. In the interim, sinks were replaced in the baths, the living room furniture was changed, a broken tile in the kitchen area had been re-set and I'm pretty sure the carpet is new. The lack of ovens in most units has been well documented but there is a toaster-oven that I don't remember (but my wife says it was there before).

There are signs and handouts all over QH about weeks being available for sale -- foreclosures and closeouts (what's a closeout in this context?). Two years ago, I gave up with the lady in Sales. She wanted me to tell her what I wanted and I wanted to see what she had. People familiar with QH know there are a lot more variables than there are at most timeshare resorts. I'm not sure why she was hiding the ball but I wasn't going to sit there and try to guess what she had available. I'll try again this week, hopefully with a different sales person.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We checked in to Unit 427 Saturday PM (11/24). Traffic was a mess even before we got off I-10. There was a wreck at the Canal St. Exit so we go off at Orleans Ave. After that, I'm not sure what happened because we mostly were forced to take streets we didn't want to take. Eventually made it on to Iberville heading toward the river. From there, a right on Decatur, right on Canal, and right on Chartres. Check in was easy as always and two men and my wife got things into the unit and stowed while I parked the car.

So, right on Iberville, right on Canal and right on Bourbon -- ooops, there's a police barricade on Bourbon so no right turn there. Continue on Canal to a right on Dauphine, right on Iberville. From there to the garage by Dickie Brennan's Steak House took about twenty minutes per block. Crossing Bourbon Street by car on Saturday night has to be right up there with things that are close to impossible. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is always the Bayou Classic (Southern v. Grambling) so the French Quarter was loaded. Now, on Monday, things seem to have returned to normal, normal being a relative term. I'm don't think "normal" and New Orleans ever belong in the same sentence.

Quarter House does an amazing job of doing some upgrades to units while still keeping maintenance fees under control. We hadn't occupied Unit 427 since 2016. In the interim, sinks were replaced in the baths, the living room furniture was changed, a broken tile in the kitchen area had been re-set and I'm pretty sure the carpet is new. The lack of ovens in most units has been well documented but there is a toaster-oven that I don't remember (but my wife says it was there before).

There are signs and handouts all over QH about weeks being available for sale -- foreclosures and closeouts (what's a closeout in this context?). Two years ago, I gave up with the lady in Sales. She wanted me to tell her what I wanted and I wanted to see what she had. People familiar with QH know there are a lot more variables than there are at most timeshare resorts. I'm not sure why she was hiding the ball but I wasn't going to sit there and try to guess what she had available. I'll try again this week, hopefully with a different sales person.

I hope Daisy Dukes is open when we go in January? Does anyone know if they still do the unlimited bloody Mary’s ?

I’m looking forward to just chilling

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I hope Daisy Dukes is open when we go in January? Does anyone know if they still do the unlimited bloody Mary’s ?

I’m looking forward to just chilling

They're remodeling -- no indication of a menu change. Last Saturday, the sign said they were closed through 11/25. Wednesday, people there said maybe they'd open Monday. To me, it didn't look like they were even close to opening Monday. You should be good in January!

I paid the maintenance fees on our four weeks and $196 for a week's parking. Never did get with the sales people (different people since 2016). I did see Nikki for long enough to thank her for taking care of my guests, my exchange requests for guests, and guests' request for extra days.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They're remodeling -- no indication of a menu change. Last Saturday, the sign said they were closed through 11/25. Wednesday, people there said maybe they'd open Monday. To me, it didn't look like they were even close to opening Monday. You should be good in January!

I paid the maintenance fees on our four weeks and $196 for a week's parking. Never did get with the sales people (different people since 2016). I did see Nikki for long enough to thank her for taking care of my guests, my exchange requests for guests, and guests' request for extra days.

Thanks good to know about Daisy Dukes. We fly in and take a cab / Uber to QH to save a bit of money

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks good to know about Daisy Dukes. We fly in and take a cab / Uber to QH to save a bit of money

We take way too much stuff to even think about flying. Can't put a cooler in checked baggage or the OH compartment either one.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
It’s a 2 BR/ Lock off, and its 987 square feet. I can confirm that there is a fridge on both sides of A and B and the beds are Queen Size. Both bedrooms have the exposed brick wall and I love the location as you walk down the long hallway on 3 then around the corner and down the steps, this is where you pass thru and can see down to the garden area of QH… I love how quiet this unit is…
Do you have pictures to share of this pass through garden walkway?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have pictures to share of this pass through garden walkway?

I'm headed there for my week 3 in January and I will grab some pics and post when I get back. Both sides of my lockoff are huge and I love the location of my unit...

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These documents came from Quarter House but might be useful for anyone visiting New Orleans. The favorites are highly subjective -- there are questionable inclusions and puzzling exclusions. Nevertheless, especially for someone visiting for the first time, there's a lot of good information.

Attachments

• N.O. Restaurants (from Quarter House).pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
  • Quarter House Concierge Tips.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • N.O. Music (from Quarter House).pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 90

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

So, right on Iberville, right on Decatur, right on Canal and right on Bourbon -- ooops, there's a police barricade on Bourbon so no right turn there. Continue on Canal to a right on Dauphine, right on Iberville. From there to the garage by Dickie Brennan's Steak House took about twenty minutes per block. Crossing Bourbon Street by car on Saturday night has to be right up there with things that are close to impossible. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is always the Bayou Classic (Southern v. Grambling) so the French Quarter was loaded. Now, on Monday, things seem to have returned to normal, normal being a relative term. I'm don't think "normal" and New Orleans ever belong in the same sentence.

Insertion!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a reservation confirmation from the QH recently and it is for an II exchange. The reservation was set to charge the $20 per day previously reported. I emailed that not only am I an owner and will be occupying another owned unit the same week but I also acquired the II exchange with another QH unit. They promptly changed the reservation type to no daily charge. It appears they are blindly charging $20 per day to anyone but removing it for the owners on request. No where on II does it state anything about the daily fee. Not sure if they accidentally did it for the II exchange or they do it for all of them.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,

Wondering how your November trip to QH went. How was sales tour/info? Any better at their letting you see what is available? Thank you for sharing.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wondering how your November trip to QH went. How was sales tour/info? Any better at their letting you see what is available? Thank you for sharing.

We never made it to Sales. They weren't in a couple of times when I asked. I forgot to ask some other times and we were out running around a lot. Just never made the connection. I should be thinking about divesting, rather than purchasing.

The week was cool and soggy. High temp on one of the first days (Sunday or Monday) was 46. It drizzled a lot, showered a lot, with some hard rains in between. Seemed like it was raining, just got done raining, or was about to rain the entire week. It was wunna them weeks but it's still one of my favorite places to go.

I think I posted someplace that parking went up to $28/day. Two years ago it was $20 and they said it was $25 last year.

Especially during a week like that, it's amazing to think that every drop of water that falls in New Orleans has to be pumped out.

Last edited:

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
We never made it to Sales. They weren't in a couple of times when I asked. I forgot to ask some other times and we were out running around a lot. Just never made the connection. I should be thinking about divesting, rather than purchasing.

The week was cool and soggy. High temp on one of the first days (Sunday or Monday) was 46. It drizzled a lot, showered a lot, with some hard rains in between. Seemed like it was raining, just got done raining, or was about to rain the entire week. It was wunna them weeks but it's still one of my favorite places to go.

I think I posted someplace that parking went up to $28/day. Two years ago it was $20 and they said it was $25 last year.

Especially during a week like that, it's amazing to think that every drop of water that falls in New Orleans has to be pumped out.

Let the divesting begin with our family in mind ;)
Seriously, please let us know.

ihmsa56546

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House Resort
[Our classified Ads are in the Timeshare Marketplace, at the top of the page.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got lucky Christmas week. Barely rained and good weather with nice 60's temps and some sun. I think we hit 70 and sunny one day.

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got a May exchange into unit 219, which according to II is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a washer and dryer. Does anyone know if II’s description is accurate.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just got a May exchange into unit 219, which according to II is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a washer and dryer. Does anyone know if II’s description is accurate.

Call 'em up! (504) 523-5906

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m now in love with room 319, 2 story room, bedrooms on the 2nd floor and huge place. Housekeeping let me in when the folks checked out.

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
That is accurate. We own a week in that unit. Both bedrooms have queen beds, it’s just under a thousand square feet. It faces exchange alley.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question for the experts. If I don’t use my QH, next year will they rent it out for me?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Question for the experts. If I don’t use my QH, next year will they rent it out for me?

I'm no expert, but they will place it in their rental pool. When I purchased mine it was already placed for rental; four nights of the seven rented, and I netted about $800. IIRC their fee is 35% (or 45% if you have them list it on Air B&B and similar sites as well).