• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

update to my previous posts, Sabal Palms not my favorite anymore based on current experience

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Whereas I have stated in the past Marriott Sabals Palms was my favorite Orlando Marriot I am posting this to officially say it is not anymore. Just too many ifs with where your room can be.

Just had a bad experience. I checked in late last night. I asked for a first floor unit which I got. Upon entering the room it smelled moldy and musty. The air was working nicely so I knew air conditioning would not fix the problem.

They were able to change our unit but only to the second floor. No mold smell but it smelled like a bad breakfast was just made. They said they would let us know tomorrow if they could move us to a downstairs unit. This is the first time we stood in a building on the left side of Sabal Palms, nice water and golf view but tremendous traffic noise. The right side of the property is quiet and that was were I always stayed so I didn’t realize how noisy traffic can be on the other side. Another issue is there is nowhere to unload your car close to the unit.

Really felt unhappy with the noise and being on the second floor. This morning banging noise, have no idea from where woke us up and not knowing if I would be moved I went surfing with my II AC early this morning to see if I could get anything else. I had originally purchased this week at Sabals when II had a tremendous getaway sale for in the 200’s so I figured if I could find a week elsewhere for $224, that was the total cost to use my AC I would use it. Overall still very cheap for a whole week.

Marriott’s Cypress Harbour was miraculously available with my ac this morning and
I had to decide if I would put effort into getting II to move me, see if Marriott would move me or grab the sure thing before it disappeared. I grabbed the sure thing and will be moving to Cypress tomorrow.

So as I am writing this my door knocks. The head of housekeeping came to apologize and brought us a bottle of wine. I told him I was unhappy that no one followed up with a courtesy call to tell us if we can be moved.

And now there is a piercing siren noise in my unit. It’s the washing machine.

Marriott Cypress Harbour you are my new love, here I come.

Edited: and now I have ants on my counter in the kitchen :(
It will be a long day

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You will love Cypress Harbour. It's my favorite. Our daughter didn't really like it. She didn't like the small second bedroom for the two kids. I kind of understand her point. It's always just the two of us, so we don't care about the second bedroom. We are just glad to have that extra bathroom for those emergencies when two bathrooms are helpful.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will love Cypress Harbour. It's my favorite. Our daughter didn't really like it. She didn't like the small second bedroom for the two kids. I kind of understand her point. It's always just the two of us, so we don't care about the second bedroom. We are just glad to have that extra bathroom for those emergencies when two bathrooms are helpful.
I have been to Cypress, and I always liked it. Looking forward to getting there.

I just called the manager here to see if they can get me into Cypress today. I was informed only if II has inventory but they are going to call II to see. I see no inventory so it will be probably tomorrow.

I was surprised, after telling the manager how I purchased a getaway this morning, she informed me that she could not refund the money (I didn’t ask for anything) but could offer me a free week to trade within the next 12 months. I would only pay the regular trade fee. I wonder if it will have limitations like 60 days and if it will get me a descent week but didn’t expect anything so it was an extremely nice gesture.

I have traded into many Marriott’s and have always been very happy. I still like what this complex has to offer but the next time I trade into here it will be the Imperial Palms section, no steps and a quiet area and I will get here early. They are totally booked and had nowhere else to move me within.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if it will have limitations like 60 days and if it will get me a descent week but didn’t expect anything so it was an extremely nice gesture.
It may have a 60 day restriction or it may not. What they do is go and transfer a week that Marriott had deposited in to your II account. Much like if someone buys a resale week and there are no weeks left in their season to reserve. It is possible that the deposit they transfer was deposited inside of flexchange. If it was, it will carry that same restriction. If Marriott deposited it outside of 60 days, then it won't have the restriction.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whereas I have stated in the past Marriott Sabals Palms was my favorite Orlando Marriot I am posting this to officially say it is not anymore. Just too many ifs with where your room can be.

The above points out one of the risks of buying and holding Fixed Weeks which is the way I handled my portfolio back when I had one. First, you are subject to Special Assessments for Upgrading your Unit or repairing it due to Natural Disasters and Second, you have no assurance that your Resort will not deteriorate or otherwise materially change over the years. I'm slowly coming around to where Points in the right System may be less risky...

George

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, I hope you will have a better week in Orlando.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I always knew the place was a dump, regardless of what @BocaBoy always said...:D

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So very happy I used my ac and moved to Marriott’s Cypress Harbour. This place is fabulous.