• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Answer on ROFR

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
I made the Closing agent aware of this a couple of days ago and she was familiar with the rule is going to confer with her supervisors but I have not heard back. I lost a Diamond EOY Highlands week @ $3,800 to ROFR just before purchasing this unit (in fact the ROFR was signed by Stephanie Roberts, maybe in one of her last acts) and this is an EY Platnimum Highlands week for $2,000 so I was sort of expecting it not to pass as well, but will be happy if it goes through by default.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I made the Closing agent is aware of this a couple of days ago and she was familiar with the rule is going to confer with her supervisors but I have not heard back. I lost a Diamond EOY Highlands week @ $3,800 to ROFR just before purchasing this unit (in fact the ROFR was signed by Stephanie Roberts, maybe in one of her last acts) and this is an EY Platnimum Highlands week for $2,000 so I was sort of expecting it not to pass as well, but will be happy if it goes through by default.

Maybe this will pass ROFR by default, I really hope it does. I hope you get an answer soon about your week. Maybe the new employees who are handling ROFR don’t know how to do it. That would be a win for everyone.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
You will get a second account but it will probably show up under your existing log in

You will get a new II account with Hyatt. As time goes by and the integration of Hyatt into the Marriott family continues, it's possible that you may be able to combine II accounts.

Once there's confirmation that your purchase has cleared ROFR, have the current owner make whatever moves you want done with the week/points. When ownership transfer of the week is complete at the courthouse, in Hyatt records and in II's records, whatever reservations and or points are associated with the week will automatically transfer to you.

Thanks Breezez and BDH. My plans for latter half of 2019 are in limbo now, as I need to wait till early January for my mother and brother to decide on their 2019 cruising plans. We'll go with them if they do, so would then need to deposit the points into II(EEE) to exchange in 2020. If seller did make a reservation for me, would it be easy to cancel with minimal penalty and then deposit into II?

Maybe better if I just wait until Hyatt completes transfer to me. I hope will be done by the time my family members decide on their cruise plans.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Stephanie Roberts, said her voicemail was no longer active. Called Mayra and left message and emailed transfer department no answer. When I called Stephanie Roberts the message saying her account was no longer active gave an 800 number to call.

Was told transfer department was relocating and they only had email contact at this time.

11/26/2018 Update

The HRC transfer department has a new address of: HVO Transfer, 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, FL 32819. (Old HRC location was 140 Fountain Parkway, Suite 570, St. Petersburg, Florida). Stephanie Roberts is still the HVO Transfer Coordinator.

FWIW: Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood Vacation Ownership) address is also 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, FL.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
11/26/2018 Update

The HRC transfer department has a new address of: HVO Transfer, 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, FL 32819. (Old HRC location was 140 Fountain Parkway, Suite 570, St. Petersburg, Florida). Stephanie Roberts is still the HVO Transfer Coordinator.

FWIW: Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood Vacation Ownership) address is also 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, FL.

I wonder if the realtor who is working with my girlfriend on her week 10 Beach House, knows that the address changed. It would be a bummer if he submitted it to the wrong address and she has to wait another 30 days...I hope all Tuggers who are waiting on ROFR will get some good news soon.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I talked to Stephanie Roberts (Hyatt Transfer Coordinator) this morning, and this afternoon our HWOR 2/2 Wk 23 dropped into our account (our offer was accepted back in August, transfer paperwork/fee received on October 16th). She told me that next Wednesday was her last day. It sounds like a new group will be taking over this side of the business then.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
I just checked my closing history and there is a note that it looks like they received the waiver of ROFR yesterday. Will now see how long it takes to finish. My transfer also started around October 15th, but it seems got hung up in ROFR so the question may be how long it takes now (and also with the news that Stephanie Roberts will be leaving next week).

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just checked my closing history and there is a note that it looks like they received the waiver of ROFR yesterday. Will now see how long it takes to finish. My transfer also started around October 15th, but it seems got hung up in ROFR so the question may be how long it takes now (and also with the news that Stephanie Roberts will be leaving next week).

Congrats, I’m so happy that your unit passed ROFR

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So am I and it is great to finally have it settled. Got an email from the closing company that it is going in for recording today (I am assuming it is being done electronically) and will be sent to the Resort by the end of the week. Lets see how long the actual Hyatt account setup takes since this is my first Hyatt.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
So am I and it is great to finally have it settled. Got an email from the closing company that it is going in for recording today (I am assuming it is being done electronically) and will be sent to the Resort by the end of the week. Lets see how long the actual Hyatt account setup takes since this is my first Hyatt.

That's great news it passed ROFR - congrats!! How quickly it gets recorded depends on the local Court and how quickly the recorded deed makes it way back to you/closing company - I'd think you're better off with a CA Court as opposed to say Key West (nothing moves quickly KW). The big question is how quickly will Hyatt update their records once they receive the recorded deed and transfer fee - they frequently use every second of the 30 days they have to update ownership.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
That's great news it passed ROFR - congrats!! How quickly it gets recorded depends on the local Court and how quickly the recorded deed makes it way back to you/closing company - I'd think you're better off with a CA Court as opposed to say Key West (nothing moves quickly KW). The big question is how quickly will Hyatt update their records once they receive the recorded deed and transfer fee - they frequently use every second of the 30 days they have to update ownership.
They used every bit of the 30 “business” days to put our HWOR Wk 23 under our member number.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Does Hyatt send you a welcome kit or anything? I have access to my account, because I saw it under my Interval account and called to get log in info.

I just know 2019 MF are due 1/1 but I don’t see any place in account to pay them and have not had anything mailed me from Hyatt since they transferred account to my name.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It's been about 2.5 weeks since my closing agent sent in the electronic deed and fee in to Hyatt.
She said they were taking up 3-4 weeks to make the transfer, and would let me know when done.
But with upcoming transfer changes in business operations to Vistana, I'm afraid it could take longer :( ...
I think I'd better press my relatives for some travel dates in later 2019, and ask if seller will make points reservation for me.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's been about 2.5 weeks since my closing agent sent in the electronic deed and fee in to Hyatt.
She said they were taking up 3-4 weeks to make the transfer, and would let me know when done.
But with upcoming transfer changes in business operations to Vistana, I'm afraid it could take longer :( ...
I think I'd better press my relatives for some travel dates in later 2019, and ask if seller will make points reservation for me.
I wish you a fast transfer. Hyatt received my closing docs and $650 transfer fee on October 16th and the week showed in my account on Nov 26th.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got good news today, my ownership transfer is done!
It probably was complete earlier, but I think there was a typo in my email address sent to HRC, so any notification/welcome packet they
might have sent went into the ether or bounced back and they didn't notice.

My transfer timeline was 4-5 weeks since my closing agent said she submitted paperwork to them:
Nov 12 - Escrow submitted deed recording electronically
Nov 14/15 - Escrow sends recorded deed & transfer payment to HRC
Nov 27 - HRC cashed transfer check (per escrow agent this week)
Wk of Dec 5 - Escrow asks HRC for transfer status; no response
Dec 10 & 13 - Escrow inquires again; no response

I happened to log into Interval last night (I only do weekly) and saw the Pinon Point week under my login.
I was kinda surprised because when Vistana used to notify II of new owner, II would take 2-3 weeks to get things set up.
Escrow agent suggested I call the HRC owner services, 1-800-GO-HYATT to check on my account creation.

So overall, I think at around 3.5-4 weeks, you gotta ask HRC about transfer status,
cause they seem too bogged down to respond. It was kinda the same way with my HGVC affiliate purchase.

So I'm going to club site this weekend to create my online account and look around :whooopie:
And try to make a reservation for later in 2019 !!!